The MASCHINE+ Feedback Thread

Options

Comments

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,132 Guru
    Options

After reading your posts regarding this, I attempted to get my + to see Prismatic Bliss...

Copy the folder over. Remove the rx2 files. Edit the main database file, adding the UPID, name etc. Add the other files to the new folder, by copying them from another expansion and modifying them.

The + still isn't seeing it 🤔

I could, I guess, just put the files into a user folder, but it would be nice to have it listed with the others.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,354 Expert
    Options

@PK The DJ wrote:

Copy the folder over. Remove the rx2 files. Edit the main database file, adding the UPID, name etc.

Editing what in which database where and how?

Add the other files to the new folder, by copying them from another expansion and modifying them.

What other files?

The + still isn't seeing it

Maybe because it wasn’t properly installed and therefore not registered in the configuration on the internal system disk, which is not accessible to users.

• PK The DJ
    Options

@ozon if you compare the Maschine+ directory to the same one on your computer, you can see the difference. Looking at the data in the extra files, logic dictates the procedure.

I'm not going to list every tiny detail, as the method didn't work anyway.

• J-Fly
    J-Fly Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

It sounds like most of you like the Maschine+. I used Maschine until about 3 years ago because I wanted to try standalone. I ended up liking the MPC Live and MPC software and then I switched over to Akai Force. Once the Maschine+ was announced I was definitely excited but didn't get one because now I'm used to and enjoy 64 pads. With that being said, I'm impressed with the direction NI and Maschine are going. 👍️

• bobbyduracel
    bobbyduracel Member Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Agreed, it feels very much like we are beta testing the product. Requests:

1. Stability
    2. More visual feedback (push 2 crushes in this regard)
    3. Improved search capability for user content (connect to phone for QUERTY?)
    4. Shortcut to select source for sidechain. Currently, it’s very slow when scrolling through each pad. My project today has a sidechain source on H1 so it took AGES to get through the list. It does not move as quickly as the desktop version, at all.
    5. Audio input/interface. Most recorded/sampled sources are significantly quieter in M+ and require normalization or other processing. Same sample process in Ableton is of appropriate amplitude.
    6. Optimize the whole package so we can use more products inside M+ with increased stability.
    7. Desktop: “Convert midi track to audio” which would then set the stage for “Make project M+ ready” or something similar. To/From standalone and desktop.
  • bobbyduracel
    bobbyduracel Member Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Has anyone noticed a significant lag when purchasing expansions? I purchased the newest product yesterday morning and within minutes I was installing on my Mac. On Maschine plus, however, even this morning the product does not show up under “available’ to install. I did repeat the QR scan sign-in process as well, but still nothing.

• PK The DJ
    Options

@Matt_NI It would be helpful for customers if there was a statement on the Lunar Echoes page about this.

• xeamus
    xeamus Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

What do users think of the workflow of editing notes/chords? I find it a bit tedious to get everything exactly in the length and place I want them. I don’t use the computer software. Latest firmware.

Will editing notes/chords improve in next firmware?

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,354 Expert
    edited March 2022
    Options

To get chord notes to the same length, I usually select all and adjust length first to the smallest value which enforces equal length and then adjust to the desired length. It is tedious, though.

Some kind of Quantize for Note Off and Legato operations would be nice.

• TheLoudest
    TheLoudest Member Posts: 110 Advisor
    Options

@ozon wrote:

Some kind of Quantize for Note Off and Legato operations would be nice.

this!

yes, it would be really helpful...

I use the same technique as you but you really have to go to the lowest value and when you have notes of very different lengths it's really not practical...

I would be fine with an option (in the global settings for example) that when we adjust the length of selected notes it would automatically snap to the nearest step...We would just have to turn slightly to "quantize" the tail of the notes.

As for a true legato option (like in Ableton Live) that would automatically adjust all note lengths to chain each other perfectly, again, that would be very useful.

But,

apart from that (and only that)

on the contrary, I find the editing of notes in Maschine very efficient!

And yet I tried quite a few sequencers during all these years... Including MPCs with large touch screens. Result: it is on the piano roll of Maschine that I work most effectively!

Sure, Akai fanboys will say nothing beats a big touchscreen for note editing, but I can guarantee that's not true.

Already it is very difficult to select the right note the first time... and we just have to look at the Akai forums where lot of users ask for mouse support (gloups! on a stand-alone machine 😱😣)

or use a pen for more precision on the touchscreen

(moreover the management of touch is very badly implemented, the MPCs do not recognize 'gestures' so it amounts to going back and forth with the toolbox as with a mouse, in short: a PITA!)

• Space Cat 303
    Space Cat 303 Member Posts: 108 Advisor
    Options

I had noticed the same thing on MPC, the tactile, for me became a defect because I never managed to be precise. On the contrary, on Maschine you can be very precise with the rotary knobs.

But mouse support would not be uninteresting for certain editing functions. Click / select notes, move them, stretch, copy ..

• xeamus
    xeamus Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    edited March 2022
    Options

I would not say no to have mouse support, but rather see a better implementation of the buttons, pads, encoders etc.

Chordmode with one “note” is one chord, chordsteps, legato etc. I have a MPC one and touchscreen is great for me, but the workflow is better (for me) on the M+, except entering notes, chords.

• AlexBuga
    AlexBuga Member Posts: 26 Helper
    Options

Also, I sent a feature request via the center code platform a while ago.

I would love the ASCII keyboard to be a little smarter and faster for those of us that actually name stuff on the hardware.

• Long press BACKSPACE should clear the whole text.

• USB Keyboard support (maybe)

• move back and forth between the letters

• T9 style keyboard (ABC, DEF, GHI...) on the pads for faster typing

• ability to rename recorded samples

Check JJOS2XL naming keyboard. It's super smart and fast.

Also, Find missing samples is a big one. If you move/rename a sample in the Recordings. So instead of 20220301T1203.wav you rename it to "My important guitar take.wav"... the project is busted.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

The big request on my list for M+ is compatibility with more content that actually came from NI. If it came in Komplete, it should work. Make it work. PLEASE! Not supporting third parties is one thing, but not supporting stuff we got from you is another. The decision to buy M+ for me was based largely off the fact that I'm an existing customer with lots of money invested in your sw.

Most of my feedback otherwise is positive! I can get up and running quickly and easily, which was not my experience with other products. I bought the M+ to use as a hub for my Eurorack setup, doing sequencing and drum sounds, and it's brilliant for that. The fact that it works with the Maschine Jam is even more brilliant! And I'm told by Expert Sleepers that the ES-9 should work directly with the M+ which...I mean, I can't ask for much more!

Except more compatibility with Kontakt instruments. I'm going to ask and ask until we have it. Kontakt is too valuable a tool to be stuck with your "selections" as a limit.

This discussion has been closed.