The MASCHINE+ Feedback Thread

Comments

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,353 Expert

@Nick wrote:

more compatibility with Kontakt instruments. I'm going to ask and ask until we have it

Most probably not going to happen either due to memory restrictions or because the Kontakt UI is designed to work with mouse and keyboard and is pretty inaccessible otherwise.

(BTW, I would love to have Straylight, Pharlight, Ashlight and Mysteria on the M+ but how to translate the XY pad, the many interdependent controls and the sound source browser?)

• benjamin
    benjamin Member Posts: 8 Member

Can I use a 16V DC power supply to power the Maschine plus.For example, the mobile power supply shown in the figure.Omni Mobile 25,600.

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 393 Pro

I would also love to have the light trilogy on M+. X/Y on two macros next to each other and the sound source maybe another macro twisting left to right.

• Space Cat 303
    Space Cat 303 Member Posts: 108 Advisor

Salvation

I bought this one, works great for 10h, and has a 15v DC output.

I don't know if 16v is good for M+

XTPower XT-20000QC3-PA PowerBank Batterie Moderne DC/USB QC3 avec 20100mAh - 1x USB, 1x USB QC3 et Connexion DC de 12V, 15V, 16.5V, 19V, 20V, 24V 65W Max.

• ozon

I went for this omnicharge product, which offers 15V DC with sufficient power:

OmniCharge Omni 20+

However, any power bank with PD 2.0 USB-C and sufficient power specification will work, using a 15V trigger cable.

I ordered this 15V PD 2.0 / USB C to DC Power Trigger Cable to use with the Omni 20+ and it works great.

WITRN USB-C PD Trigger Cable

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod
    edited March 2022

Note that power banks like that with DC Out will cost 2x or 4x the amount of a more regular power bank with USB-C PD Out using the appropriate PD Cable, just something to consider. The advantage of DC-Out is that obviously the power bank can be used to power many more devices, in the case of those 250$ ones even laptops and such.

This thread in the old forum is still the place with the most amount of info I think.

• benjamin
    benjamin Member Posts: 8 Member

thank you. I've read all the information.Probably know the result of using power bank to supply power.

I still hope to wait until the official explanation on power supply.

• AlexBuga
    AlexBuga Member Posts: 26 Helper

I bought the Omnicharge too. It was expensive, but I can use it for various needs also.

And you can edit the voltage & amps on the DC out which is super dope.

But it's super big and clunky and if you want to sit with M+ on your lap... good luck sticking a velcro on that matte finish of the battery.

I'm gonna buy a 15V trigger cable too and check out how it goes with my smaller Anker PD batteries.

• Astralbeats_225
    Astralbeats_225 Member Posts: 42 Helper
    edited March 2022

I use this battery pack with a 15v rip cord. I usually get 10-12hours when I have only my M+ connected. It cost me like $30 instead of going the omni charge route which was waaaaayyyy more expensive. I might buy a 2nd one so I have one to use while the other charges.

Edit: I've been using this setup since early November.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0892KJ2DY?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

• Olihop
    Olihop Member Posts: 152 Advisor

That would be nice, yes. Also I would like to be able to navigate through the different pages with the right/left directions of the 4d rotary. A downward pressure could display on the screen the parameters of the modulation sources like the lfos and the modulation envelope when you want to modulate a parameter. And when a parameter is modulated then display a colored dot (ex: lfo1>green lfo2>blue) next to it to indicate that a modulation is applied on it. It would be convenient to split this on two levels. Level two would be reserved for parameter modulation.

• ridin4biden
    ridin4biden Member Posts: 9 Member

Was the update thread closed because the update was released? I’m confused… anyone have a link to the announcement page Matt referred to?

• imagevoice
    imagevoice Member Posts: 24 Member
  • Space Cat 303
    Space Cat 303 Member Posts: 108 Advisor

I think it was closed in anticipation of the future update.

Apparently it is not available but should arrive shortly, watch for a message here informing that it is available.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,120 Guru

Nearly three weeks after the release of Lunar Echoes...

😥

• ozon

Just be aware that you are heavily underpowering your M+ with the Ripcord. A regular USB port is simply not capable to deliver 40W (2.66A @ 15V) like the original power adapter. The Ripcord officially can deliver 0.6A @ 15V (9W), which may be sufficient for average use as long as there’s nothing connected to the M+ USB ports which needs to be powered (like an M32 or JAM or additional audio interface for example)

This discussion has been closed.