The MASCHINE+ Feedback Thread

Comments

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod

It's all good, don't worry.

That is correct, AUTO always shows percentages from what I've tested.

You can actually use STEP Modulation for Macros and consequently see real values when doing so, just set up the Macro, enable STEP, navigate to the Macro Menu hold the Pad and twist the Knob. If this works when external MIDI devices are mapped to the Macros IDK, never tested that.

I'll tell you privately if you need elaboration, I don't want to be too harsh or negative here.

• TheLoudest
    TheLoudest Member Posts: 110 Advisor

@D-One

Thank you very much

OK so apparently I'm the only one that have issue to step modulate my macros..(it works perfectly with other internal parameters...it's weird..)

It doesnt work at all actually.. when I press a pad the screen displays the Channel or Plug view..I don't remember exactly I'm not on the Maschine right now but I know that it doesn't stay on the macros screen .. If I go back to the macros screen after (while I am still holding the pad) nothing happens when I turn a knob, the values doesn't change.

I'm going to contact the NI support for that

Thanks again!

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,811 mod
    edited February 2022

No prob.

I highly doubt somehow you would be the only one affected by an issue, that might happen in computers for external factors but not on an M+ unless it's somehow defective. When I first tried this I found it a bit awkward, STEP Mode is a toggle, meaning it's still enabled when you head over to CHANNEL/MIDI -> Macro, so you could use it that way, fully outside of the STEP Menu, after you do this once MAS will remember tho and Pad-Hold (step mod) will behave as expected and directly temporarily show you the Macro Page.

It's up to you who you contact but if you need help the "Unanswered Questions" system here in this new forum works extremely fast, people get some replies within a couple of hours to a day, for official support you will get one Monday, if you're lucky. Obviously, some things can only be resolved by support but on most common things the forum can also help.

• TheLoudest
    edited February 2022

@D-One

Yes! I managed to alternate the step mode with the macro screen! 🙌

You're right, depending on the order in which we display the different modes it works.. It's a bit awkward indeed...

but... I can't change the values!😫

When I turn a knob the value is stuck... 😔

not on an M+ unless it's somehow defective.

I seriously asked myself the question....or that I simply still haven't understood the right procedure to do..

but in this case I would not be able to do it with the internal parameters of the sampler, FX etc. and I have no problem to do that.

I can see another explanation why is not working on MY unit: maybe an option in the settings??...

Anyway, I made another thread, I don't want to monopolize this very thread with this issue

Thanks again for your help!

• Olihop
    Olihop Member Posts: 152 Advisor

In pad mode, an interesting feature would be to be able to define a chord on a specific pad.

The same functionality as in the chord mode but applicable to a specific pad. This would be very useful for live performances and to create new kits.

• BoutiqueCase
    BoutiqueCase Member Posts: 2 Member

After updating Maschine + with the latest firmware a lot of times reaktor doesn’t load anymore. When I open an existing project with a reaktor patch it does load, but when I try to load the same patch in a new project I get an error. Does anyone have the same problem and is there a fix for this?

• Wilmar Boer
    Wilmar Boer Member Posts: 62 Helper
    edited February 2022

I don't know if I 've to post feature requests here or if there's a Maschine Feature Request list with a voting system somewhere. I have the Maschine MKIII (not the +) for a few weeks now (and years of experience with Ableton and Bitwig. A few things based on my first experiences I really would like to see in upcoming updates:

1) More efficient use of the right screen for plugin editing. A 6x4 cm big graphic telling me that RAUM or Solid Bus Comp is loaded while I already see that on the left side is a waste of space IMHO. I really would like the screen to show me a graphically representation of the amount of gain reduction a compressor is doing, or an EQ curve or a reverb tail or whatever plugin I'm editing. It would be great if that screen is in sync with the plugin pages. So one graphic representation per page of 8 settings.

2) Recording a clip directly on a track, not using the sampler pages. Maybe I'm missing something, and I know Maschine is coming from a sampler beat making background. But now that clips are there. Please, make it possible to record-arm multiple pads and record directly in pad lanes, it would speed up my workflow.

3) Multiple takes on a pad when recording Midi. Now it's automatically adding notes with every loop. I would like a setting where I can "take-style loop-record". So a pad keeps looping while I'm recording a beat or keyboard input and when I stop I will pick the best take and the others are dumped (or stored in a notepad kind of page for later use).

4) A latch/unlatch setting for the record button. Often I forget that record is stil on. So rehearsing notes while the song is playing get's these notes recorded. I would like a preferences setting where I can change the behaviour of the record button that it goes out of record-arm mode as soon as a recording is done.

Thanks for making this great product anyway!!!

• TheLoudest
    edited February 2022

@Alfredo_NI

I hope that is useful information for some of you! (and that it hasn’t already been mentioned and I missed it)

Hi Alfredo

Actually I already mentioned this "workaround" with the Extended Lock feature (on this very thread, February 4)

It works well but it doesn't automate the changes and so it doesn't really help in the end...

Unless you have a method to "link" the different snapshots to a particular pattern or scene? (I did not succeed)

which would automatically retrieve the right settings for this entire pattern (or scene)

it would be very cool

indeed, the lack of a feature that can send automatically external midi messages (PC/MSB/LSB but also others CC#) is really annoying

• Alfredo_NI
    Alfredo_NI Customer Care Posts: 2 mod

I forgot to mention something that is probably also useful to know, which is that you can trigger those Lock states via MIDI change (with either notes or Program Change) from an external device/DAW. When you choose Note C-2 is Snapshot 1, C#-2 is Snapshot 2 and so on and so forth, more info on that here (13.1.3. MIDI Change):

https://www.native-instruments.com/fileadmin/ni_media/downloads/manuals/maschine/MASCHINE_Plus_Manual_English_30_06_2021.pdf

• Guth
    Guth Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2022

It's possible to load Reaktor and FM8 files into the user directory and open them up (yay!). I'll be trying Massive next but I imagine it will work. What about third party Kontakt libraries? The browser sees them but won't open them? It would be awesome if that was added soon.

UPDATE: It is possible to load SOME Kontakt Libraries. I wonder what the difference is. I took an older library and tried a batch resave to the newest version of Kontakt but that that didn't do it.

• Olihop
    Olihop Member Posts: 152 Advisor

Yes Alfredo, Snapshots are great for programming changes in the game. It would be very interesting to put them more in front, why not for a future mk4 maschine to incorporate a column of buttons to the right of the pad matrix that we would use to trigger them. And so keep the pad matrix to play.

I think it would be a good evolution of the hardware

• Fugazi81
    Fugazi81 Member Posts: 58 Advisor

hi alfredo,

That's great and luckily it was integrated with the last update. If you're a brave soul and know what you're doing, you could also create a MIDI loop (MIDI-OUT -> MIDI-IN), which would give you the option of triggering the snapshots from a dedicated track on the Maschine. It works but has its pitfalls. It would be cool if this would work without midi routing tricks and/or external devices. For example a snapshot track. This would also give you the option of recording mutes and other performance elements.

• TheLoudest
    edited February 2022

@Fugazi81 wrote:

you could also create a MIDI loop (MIDI-OUT -> MIDI-IN), which would give you the option of triggering the snapshots from a dedicated track on the Maschine. It works but has its pitfalls.

Good idea! Please tell me more about it 🙏

(and what are the "pitfalls"?)

• Fugazi81
    Fugazi81 Member Posts: 58 Advisor

Hi,

So the basic idea is that you route data from the Maschine (out) back into the Maschine (in) via midi. You would use a simple MIDI-Din cable for this, which you connect as a loop. The complicated part is the actual midi configuration on the Maschine. And here come the pitfalls. Since you create a (data) loop, you have to be meticulous about not creating any data feedback. Because, as is usual with a "feedback" loop (e.g. audio feedback), the cascading data lead to a system error, crash, etc.

The video demonstrates the basic idea, although it is shown here in the Maschine standalone (software), the principle can be transferred one-to-one to Maschine +. With the difference that you use a real MIDI cable instead of a virtual MIDI cable.

But please remember to back up your data beforehand in case the Maschine crashes while trying.

This discussion has been closed.