Help us improve this new community - share your ideas and feedback💡

Options

Comments

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 430 Pro
    Options

Guys, let's focus on the technicalities of the forum experience and deal with strategic marketing, communication and product lifecycles somewhere else, because this thread is hard to follow as it is.

Just my 2cents

• Stormchild
    Stormchild Member Posts: 51 Helper
    Options

Yes, please. Maybe someone should make a “Backseat CEO” thread for people who want to tell NI how to run their own company.

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro
    Options

There is trick to this. If you make a post it should have at least a bit of of content concerning the topic otherwise there should be no reason to post.

How 'bout revisiting the mute button feature?😢

• alec.tron
    alec.tron Member Posts: 72 Pro
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hm.

Posted something of mid length (in here - https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/361/ni-the-future-and-transparency#latest ).

Edited the post afterwards for some context.

Hit save and post disappeared without warning.

Not fun.

So far interactions with this new community place are rather lackluster tbh - and disappearing posts is an absolute no go.

c.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,356 Expert
    edited January 2022
    Options

Is this behavior intentional, does everybody have it like this or is it unique to iPad iOS 12:

PS: Sorry for the crazy big picture, haven‘t found a way to scale it...

• imianwilliams
    imianwilliams Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Thanks. .....but I. think this link should be included in the "categories" or "quick links" section on the right hand side.

• Stormchild
    Stormchild Member Posts: 51 Helper
    Options

I see the same thing on the Mac in Safari (15.3). Opening a dropdown does not notify other open dropdowns to close. I don't know how much control NI has over the forum software, but there's an easy solution for this sort of thing (I'm a web developer; this comes up often).

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

That has nothing to do with the topic, this is about Ideas and improvements for the forum, not the products.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited January 2022
    Options

I am not sure but seems like a bug to me, I've tested a bunch of browsers and this only happens in Safari, even in the Desktop version the top buttons work like toggles and the dropdowns don't close when you click another one.

PS: I called the picture for you.
  • nico5
    nico5 Member Posts: 49 Helper
    Options

Question: Is there any way to snip the quote from a longer post to just the part one is replying to?

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited January 2022
    Options

@nico5 Question: Is there any way to snip the quote from a longer post to just the part one is replying to?

You can copy/paste what you want to quote, tag the user, and then highlight it with the quote feature as showed below.

• nico5
    nico5 Member Posts: 49 Helper
    Options

Thank you for your quick answer, @Nico_NI -- that's indeed what I was afraid of.

So when I quote as you suggested, I also have to manually add a link to your original post, if I want to have the full functionality of a proper quote of a prior post:

@Nico_NI said here

You can copy/paste what you want to quote, tag the user, and then highlight it with the quote feature as showed below.

So that's 2 separate copy and paste operations - and extra typing and clicking.

Some other modern forum software seems to handle this common use case quite a bit more elegantly.

Oh well ... 😕

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,114 admin
    Options

This is part of the improvements we'll see in the next few months. Our provider is already aware that quoting is sitting on top of our list and they now confirmed that editor improvements are coming in Q2.

We'll be sharing more details quite soon about what's going to happen here.

• Matt_NI
    Options

In case it wasn't obvious, we're not part of the communication team and this is really not the thread to discuss more than just the platform itself.

I already shared across multiple threads that we're working on a lot of different initiatives but changes take time. I'm fully aware of what some of you want to be able to see on here beyond the cosmetic elements and it's not one or the other. It just happens that platform and cultural changes happen at different pace.

• Matt_NI
    edited January 2022
    Options

Just like @Murat Kayi mentioned, please focus on the forum experience here.

This thread will be open for a bit longer. We'll then compile all our findings and share our plan / start making immediate adjustments wherever possible. This will also include some items shared by our provider and hopefully gives everyone a good picture of what to expect.

Once the roadmap is shared, we'll have another round of feedback.

Keep the comments coming until then 🙌

This discussion has been closed.