Help us improve this new community - share your ideas and feedback💡

Options

Comments

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,114 admin
    Options

It went to spam for some reason ... It's back now and it seems for some reason, some posts are going into spam after an edit. We're investigating why it happened.

• nico5
    nico5 Member Posts: 49 Helper
    Options

Thank you for your quick response, @Matt_NI - I'm very much looking forward to these (and hopefully other) editor improvements.

• nico5
    edited January 2022
    Options

I have some additional observations and resulting questions:

1. After I answered in another thread, I didn't get notified that there was a response to my post - maybe because my post wasn't quoted?
    2. And that thread also does not show up for under "My Discussions" - maybe because it's a question thread?
    3. As a result I didn't react to that thread any further, leaving the OP still without an answer. Which in turn lead to @Kaiwan_NI mentioning me. But that post presumably got deleted, yet it still shows up in my my notifications, but it's a dead link.

So I'm wondering, if there's some settings I'm missing or if these are additional limitations of the new forum software?

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited January 2022
    Options

@nico5 said:

After I answered in another thread, I didn't get notified that there was a response to my post - maybe because my post wasn't quoted?

(#1) Yes. To get notified you need to enable: "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in." in your profile notification preferences. Most users reply without quoting or @ tagging 😑

And that thread also does not show up for under "My Discussions" - maybe because it's a question thread?

No. It's because the thread was not started by you, when you just participate you "comment" so it will be in your profile under the Comments link

As a result I didn't react to that thread any further, leaving the OP still without an answer. Which in turn lead to @Kaiwan_NI mentioning me. But that post presumably got deleted, yet it still shows up in my my notifications, but it's a dead link.

I was just telling the staff the exact same issue 10min ago, quite the coincidence. Also, note that #1 will blow up your notifications if you engage in very active threads such as this one, or "Come Say Hello 👋" etc...

• nico5
    Options

@D-One said:

(#1) Yes. To get notified you need to enable: "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in." in your profile notification preferences. Most users reply without quoting or @ tagging 😑

ahh thanks - I amended my notification settings accordingly.

No. It's because the thread was not started by you, when you just participate you "comment" so it will be in your profile under the Comments link

that seems to give me my individual posts, which is also useful; but I was also hoping there would be a listing of question threads that I've participated in.

Side note: the link in your post doesn't seem to work - I had to edit it, to remove the doubling up of the URL) EDIT: looks like you fixed it 😀

I was just telling the staff the exact same issue 10min ago, quite the coincidence. Also, note that #1 will blow up your notifications if you engage in very active threads such as this one, or "Come Say Hello 👋" etc...

haha - good that you noticed, too!😁 The pop-up notification could most certainly be removed, while it's understandable, that the outbound notification email can't be unsent.

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro
    Options

I understood you guys were part of and my respect gone towards your work. Knowing it isn’t that way makes me even more confuse but I will not derail/offtopic more since it doesn’t make any sense if the feedback doesn’t arrives to communicatin team. Keep the good work and forget my complaints/concerns… I will search for proper channel to focus them.

Thanks for your efforts and excuse me.

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro
    Options

Hopefully you read this already December 2021 you will find the proper channel.

• Mutis
    Options
  • Matt_NI
    Options

We work closely with them especially in regards to what we're trying to implement here in terms of product communication and obviously driving a lot of what is going to happen in terms of user-facing communication in the future but I'd hate for you to think that what we do is just a big PR exercise.

You got my Discord though so you can always ask me personally if you need more clarification over a specific topic 😉

• Wyley
    Options

I found out that I can't delete quotes. Sometimes I make mistakes by selecting a wrong quote or doubling a quote and I can't remove them. I have to save as draft then delete the drafts.

• Mutis
    Options

I see, I know… but now I wanted to believe you were the same team, mate…

I didn’t reach you because I haven’t anymore to say and what I said it’s what is it. I’m just waiting NI to release Traktor news or news at all to fulfill my curiosity but as customer I feel I’m out of their target and probably will not suit my needs in the future neither. It’s not only NI proposal, it’s myself switching workflow too so even Traktor seems out of my scope.

It’s a bit sad but life keeps going on…

I appreciate a lot your efforts guys <3

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 342 Guru
    Options

Why is there a limit on the ignore list? Why do we still see threads from people we've ignored?

• Matt_NI
    Options

This is just a default number, we can easily change that. I'll get this increased to a much higher number.

As for the threads, since they would contain comments from members you haven't ignored, they will still show-up.

• Wyley
    Options

How 'bout a place for "Stickies"?

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    Options

Here is much space to spread the posts.

This discussion has been closed.