Help us improve this new community - share your ideas and feedback💡

Options

Comments

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 367 Guru
    Options

I think in cases where you refer to earlier discussions about a topic it would be good to link there, this is an 18 page thread and you have made roughly a third of the posts in it ;)

@Maschinista you can find new posts in all lthreads you have posted in under the bell icon in the top right corner. That is as far as I can see the easiest way to keep track of responses to your contributions.

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    Options

It's fine we can use 7z files.

Yesterday I want to paste a core cell (.rcc) in a post and got the above show window.

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 430 Pro
    edited January 2022
    Options

@Matt_NI

About the *my discussions* and comments sections in the profile, which cause confusion:

There is two views. One that immediately pops up when I tap on the avatar top right on mobile. That view does not contain comments. Only *my discussions*.

There is another view that you have to tap through that I discovered later on and I'll be damned if I remember how to right now, and only that one shows the comments link.

I think it would be the easiest remedy, if the first view showed the comments link, too.

Also, the "Quick links" pane at the bottom should contain the comments links

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,602 Expert
    Options

Chalk me up for wanting it removed.

It'll be a mixed bag of opinions but for the same reason as stated, it adds "clutter" to the list and for somewhat more experienced readers it is much easier to skim 50 new posts for what is of interest first. You have to remember that some of us don't sit on here all day and drop in and out for a few minutes only at a time between life and work. Some will find the small amount of info useful but others (me) find it slows my interest way down from skimming the list.

Question I would have is tho you say no one has requested it removed, did anyone ask for it to be a thing to start with?

I think this place really needs a "Feature Request" thread for where people can upvote ideas like in the Beta group threads.

• wayfinder
    Options

The old forums had the post previews as mouseovers (which had its own problems, since they were implemented with super fickle tool tip code that would make them disappear immediately if the mouse was moved even a single pixel). If that could be made more reliable and usable, it might be a nice compromise?

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,356 Expert
    Options

Nice idea, but hovers don’t work on devices with touch screens.

Nonetheless, I’d prefer that to how it is now.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,114 admin
    Options

Yes, we asked and some said they want it and others said they don't. Perhaps it's worth just doing a quick poll and see what everyone prefers, what do you think?

• Matt_NI
    Options

Maybe a quick tip for you but if you click on your profile name you'll get a profile card with the link directly to your comment as well as discussions. It would definitely make sense if it was under Discussions when you click on your avatar in the top right corner. I'm adding this to a request for our provider.

• Matt_NI
    Options

That's a good idea but I'm not sure if that's a change our provider would follow. They follow specific accessibility guidelines and these types of interactions usually lead to issues. We can ask though.

• wayfinder
    Options

Another idea would be to only show previews for new threads, and once they've been visited it just shows the title.

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 253 Pro
    Options

Am I the only one who's missing the old forum? I find this new forum kinda chaotic.

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited January 2022
    Options

Here is no Impressum.

All three links shows this:

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,602 Expert
    Options

Yeah part of it is adapting a decade long intuition from the old forum to this new style and most old audio guys and musicians are like old dogs set in their ways and don't like any of this new music rubbish kids listen to these days etc.

But some of the changes here highlight I think how effective and efficient the old forum actually was and how just a few simple things can really make an impact.

Free choice and opinion are like ******$h0les, everyone has one.

Not sure a poll would be any good as not sure it's something too many even think about. What I would LOVE to see would be things like this as a personal setting in your profile. Ability to enable/disable preview of threads or just title. Makes 100% of people happy then.

That could work if it was also linked to the "Mark all forums read" button..... Oh wait, there isn't one of these!😡

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,356 Expert
    edited January 2022
    Options

Ok, I’m now officially annoyed by this new forum platform.

Just spend the better part of two hours trying to help a bit, but this ****** editor freaks me out. Why does it make it so ****** hard to do some proper formatting, quoting and linking.

This editor completely destroys the flow of thoughts while writing and is just one big fat PITA.

🤬

Ok. Calm down. 🕉

Listen to some music. Good night.

Peace✌️

This discussion has been closed.