Help us improve this new community - share your ideas and feedback💡

Options

Comments

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 372 Guru
    Options

The Notifications have that, as far as I can tell. The drawback there is that there's one for every reply in every thread in which you have posted.

• Maschinista
    Maschinista Member Posts: 9 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

Two forums - Confusing

and some remarks regarding the appearance

Hi, just wanted to participate. It took me a while to figure out that one forum was recently closed and a new one established. I wanted to login in and register (at the old one) but no "Join" button or similar appeared. First I thought it might be missing due to an ad blocker - But it wasn't the case until I found the message that the forum is closed (but no info next by when it was done and even in the old forum you find articles which are just some days old - confusing)- AND...if you use an ad blocker this information might not be seen at all (this happened to me).

However,the appearance of the old forum was slighly more user friendly since only headlines where seen and it was easier to fly over. At the new one you have some first 3 lines of the articles below this give a more overcrowd feeling when you scan with your eyes the page. So my proposal if you remain with the new (3 lines content preview), make the headline more bold or enlarge it. This might be much more comfortable for screening (my opinion).

By the way, more space for an article (overview) need more scrolling since less article (headlines) will fit on one page.

Cheers Maschinista

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,634 Expert
    Options

Think they decided on English only for the new forum for some reason

• Maschinista
    Options

Where to flag proposals?

Sorry, me again. I were searching a little bit on the page but I didn't find any (sub) cathegory for flagging proposals on future hard- or software inprovements.

Any idea where I can place (in this case) a proposal for a future Maschine Software update?

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,361 Expert
    edited January 2022
    Options

Yeah, it’s a bit unstructured around here for now… just add a new discussion under a matching category (e.g. Maschine) and make sure to tag it with the product and „feature request“ or „bug“ tags.

• ozon
    edited January 2022
    Options

As of today, I have the same problem. Can’t tag Matt anymore. 😢

(On iOS 15.2)

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,117 admin
    Options

As much as it doesn't sound right, I would really encourage everyone to just hold off on the feature requests for now. As I said before, it's a topic we're currently working on and we'll have a dedicated space in the near future.

• Matt_NI
    Options

That might be me and @Murat Kayi messing things up. I changed my username to Matt_NI because we realised the formatting with @ wasn't working on some devices for some odd reason. We'll move all the NI username to this new format.

• ozon
    edited January 2022
    Options

@Matt_NI

I’m now here for about a week and I still don’t understand the ordering of discussions under a category and why some headings of visited discussions stay bold.

• ozon
    Options
  • Maschinista
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hi Matt, thanks for the info.

Hmm, this sounds for me you started a new forum (deadline eh?) without havíng the final layout really finalized yet?! - I mean things can change in the future but I thought you are experienced enough and already collected lot's of knowledge with the old forum before starting a new (better) one 😉

• Matt_NI
    Options

This is not about deadline nor layout. We could create a category for FR right now but to what real purpose? Feature requests are not just about having a category with the same name but it needs its dedicated set-up. It's a collaborative effort between a lot of different teams. Otherwise, you'll just end up with a bunch of discussions.

I said it but the way it was done in the old forum was simply not going to work at the scale NI operates. Some mods were super helpful and did the work of regrouping everything but having to read through hundreds of threads to understand what really is important / measure interest is just not how it should be done when you have that many contributions.

Why does it take time?

Because it needs to be conceptualised, approved/implemented by a lot of different teams and the set-up needs to make sense long term. It requires new processes and workflows (both internally and externally). We've had to prioritise other topics and we haven't yet concluded how we should move forward.

Like you said, there's tons of valuable contribution in the old community and we're still sorting through them. In my opinion, putting this on pause until we figure out a smart and community friendly approach was the right call. We're obviously aware feature requests will still be created in the meantime but we're not going to be able to involve our product teams for now.

Why does Traktor has a Feature Requests section in its beta ?

We want to test a new approach based around upvotes/downvotes and statuses. There's no better way to check how it works but to do it live here. This will give us some insights on one of the few directions we're looking into.

I will create a new thread about this particular topic soon.

• Maschinista
    Options

My discussions missing

Sorry, I feel myself beeing a little bit annoying but I were surfing inside the forum in other cathegories and topics and just wanted to go back to this tread and my posting via (thats what I thought) "MY Dicsussions" (available under my profile picture (top right)).

But there were no (own) discussion(links) stored at all and I had to remember and surf manually to this page sub folder again. Since I assume that's what "My discussions" is for, there's an error in the profile storing andd handling.

Cheers

• Matt_NI
    Options

You have the announcements on top and the rest is just chronological order (last contribution). Anything you read, you should not be bold unless there's a new post. We've already escalated some inconsistencies about this and I'm hoping it will be improved this week.

More generally, we have a lot of options coming between now and the end of Q2 allowing everyone to select what they want to see and in what order. We'll share more about timeline and scope in the next two weeks.

• Matt_NI
    Options

If you scroll up, you'll see that we already talked about this. Please check my notes above about what MY DISCUSSION is and where to find all your contributions.

This discussion has been closed.