Maschine 2.18 is out now!

Options

Comments

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 620 Guru
    Options

I haven't even installed 2.18 yet.. and by the looks of it, I'll wait for the next .01 update..

• ardeshirazari
    ardeshirazari Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Amazing! I have a few questions:

1. What was the compatibility issue with Sonoma? My MacOS has been on Sonoma 14.1.1, and I have been using Maschine Plus. It would be helpful to know what the issue was so that I can determine if the problems I encountered were addressed. However, I'm not sure if it was due to the OS.
    2. Is there any chance that this new update has the ability to locate sounds much faster? For example, if I build my groups using the computer (which is much faster), and the sounds/samples are also on MY SD Card, it currently doesn't know how to locate them even after a rescan. I even tried "Save my project with Samples," but it still doesn't play the sound when I disconnect from the computer. I need to relocate them on the SD Card manually, which is very time-consuming and repetitive for no reason.
    3. Can you explain the CPU issue? This has been a big problem for me. Once I have up to 8 pads filled with samples and if I connect it to my DJ equipment, there are noticeable "click/noise cut off" sounds. The buffer/latency settings never resolve it. I have a really fast computer as well.

• Ghost Fox
    Ghost Fox Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

when will you at least update it to

Run in 4k it still looks like pixelated garbage on both my Mac screen and my external monitor.

• wetdentist
    wetdentist Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

the update still does that weird thing i mentioned a couple months ago, where if i am working on a project that i have favorited with a "star," once i work on the project & save the work, the favorites star disappears from its spot next to the project's name in the library

• Lamonty
    Lamonty Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I would like to see a lock feature in maschine future updates. For example when starting a new project and experimenting with patterns and kits. I’d like to be able to lock a channel in a group and then choose a new kit with patterns that replaces all other tracks within the group but without replacing the locked channel’s. The current work around is a new group and kit and copy and paste into my drum group for example. I hope you add this soon as track building would be so much more quicker and efficient.

• Ben C
    Ben C Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I'm confused because I've been using Maschine 2.17 on Sonoma since I bought my Macbook Pro in December with no issues! Glad to know other people who I suppose must have been having problems will be OK now though, and I feel very lucky that I haven't been stuck unable to use Maschine for 5 months!

• SpinFidelity
    SpinFidelity Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Hi Just checked for this update in Native Access and its saying Maschine is up-to-date on version 2.17.4….

So is there an update or not?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,863 mod
    Options

Maybe it got pulled because it was buggy?

• Nils
    Nils Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I just took a quick glance at Maschine 2.18.
    Thank you so much for adding scalability to the UI.
    At last I can use Maschine on my 4K display with double pixel density.

• Tigersharc
    Tigersharc Member Posts: 63 Helper
    Options

I thought the drag and drop issue was just me. I use that feature a lot to build drum kits. I have noticed recently the drag and drop feature using the browser is inconsistent at times. I usually have to find the file on my SSD and drag in place that way. I have not updated to 2.18. So in regards to the update, it isn't 2.18, there is something else going on.

• YammYcode
    YammYcode Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

What is the compatibility with macos? Have you seen your fonts on macos? The eyes fall out after about 10 minutes due to blur and artifacts. I'm not even saying that changing ui sizes is a standard in modern software. Well, yes, they’ve only been telling you about this for about five years, so we’ll wait a little longer. The main thing is that the logo now looks normal in controller mode. Cool.

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,311 Expert
    Options

If it has issues, that would be the correct thing to do

• Citipunk
    Citipunk Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

[YammYcode: "The main thing is that the logo now looks normal in controller mode. Cool."]

"Look at the MASCHINE FIAT500, we glued a Mercedes star on it" 😁

• Gzmo
    Gzmo Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hi , I had an issue with the new update and had to revert back to a previous installation of Maschine , I had an error opening any of my project files , I should have taken a photo of the error , but I was more worried about getting back to a previous version so I could continue working on music , I am yet to update my Mac OS to Sonoma and currently use a Mac Studio M1 Ultra with Ventura 13.6.1 , just thought to share my experience with the new update , I may update to Sonoma and try again but I need to check compatibility with my other software on my system beforehand.

This discussion has been closed.