Maschine 2.18 is out now!

Options
Kai_NI
Kai_NI Product Team Posts: 50 mod
edited May 6 in Maschine

Dear all,

I am pleased to announce that we just released Maschine 2.18 introducing some long anticipated fixes and improvements. For this release our main goal was to establish compatibility with the latest macOS operating system and also address the top ranking issues that have been reported here on the community and our Beta testing platform.

Maschine 2.18 introduces the following changes and improvements:

• ADDED macOS Sonoma compatibility
  • IMPROVED Maschine Plus logo now displays correctly when used in controller mode
  • IMPROVED graphics handling when using Maschine with high-resolution screens on Windows
  • FIXED previously reported CPU spikes or degenerated CPU performance compared to the prior version
  • FIXED an issue where the Maschine plugin editor was larger than its content in Studio One
  • FIXED an issue where the window size setting of the Maschine VST3 plugin did not persist after closing the plugin window in some hosts
  • FIXED an issue where some FX presets were not saved as part of the DAW project when using the plugin
  • FIXED an issue where the end of an adjacent MIDI note was not editable when a subsequent note is present*

* There is a known issue that the MIDI note endpoint editing may disappear again during a session after performing specific software interactions. We are currently investigating this issue.

If you are using Maschine+, projects created with 2.18 on desktop should remain compatible with the current version of Maschine running on Maschine+ (2.17.5).

The official Maschine+ update will likely follow in the next couple of weeks. We do not have a set release date yet, but will announce here when we can give a clearer timeline.

We hope that this update will resolve some of the previously known issues you have been reporting.

If you have suggestions on how to improve Maschine in the future, please make sure to check out and participate in our “Ideas” section.

All the best!

Kai

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,610 admin
    Options

We're keeping this thread open until May 6, 2024, so feel free to drop any questions or thoughts you have. 🙂

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 610 Guru
    edited April 25
    Options

I hope the upcoming Maschine+ update fixes the Reaktor sidechain issues that crept in during the last significant M+ build?

Looking forward to it!

I personally do not mind that Maschine desktop updates before M+, but please for the love of god always remember to document version compatibility upon every update release. Maschine+ noobs constantly run into version compatibility problems just because they expect everything to "just work" as soon as something updates on any of the products within the Maschine ecosystem.

Cheers

• solsta
    solsta Member Posts: 104 Helper
    Options

Woah! LUCKY DAYS

I've been waiting for this.

All my maschine hardware is now on the list asa well. Sonoma finally is within reach.

I'm gonna upgrade in a few hours once I finish this project I have going. I would hate for it to bug out when I'm almost done. Can't be too cautious!

• PeterB49
    PeterB49 Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Hi Kai,

If i use Maschine as plugin(VST2) then it seems that the vst3 plugins are not available in Maschine anymore.

It was possible before this update and also i need to rescan plugins in maschine each time.

No issue in ableton, but others..

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 610 Guru
    Options

That's actually a great idea!

Would be great if Native Access could "safeguard" Maschine+ users from borking their project interoperability accidentally.. I know I'd enable it on every computer I have hehehe!

• AsylumSpeaker
    AsylumSpeaker Member Posts: 25 Helper
    Options

It would also allow for future proofing. When there is an inevitable M+2 in future, and/or an Mk4, the old M+ can be locked in place like a standard groove box with NA able to reinstall out of date versions of software and old Expansions on it indefinitely. The rest of the world could move on, and leave M+ compatible with itself forever.

• r s v
    r s v Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I’m excited with the future M+ update.

Hope for some MIDI LEARN without a computer. 🤨

• Olihop
    Olihop Member Posts: 153 Advisor
    Options

I've also noticed bugs in the interface, impossible to move effects with the mouse in the effect chain.
    Windows 10

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,161 Guru
    Options

There was another thread about this recently, but when I tried to move FX positions it worked. 🤷‍♂️

This discussion has been closed.