Maschine 2.18 is out now!

Options

Comments

• Mark Oxley
    Mark Oxley Member Posts: 171 Advisor
    edited April 28
    Options

Still getting latency issues with Maschine despite the supposed fix on CPU spikes. My buffer is set to 512 samples @ 48000klhz.

Windows 11 all drivers/updates are up to date. Behringer UMC 204 HD audio interface connected directly to pc USB using its own proprietary ASIO driver. Pc has an intel i5 12600, Asus tuf b660 gaming m/b, 32 gig ram, Radeon rx6700xt GPU.

Lots of cracking popping inside Maschine with above settings but if I use same plugins outside of maschine directly in a track within Ableton live 12 I don't get any latency interference at all even at 128 samples.

There definitely seems to be latency issues going on with Maschine that this latest update still hasn't fixed.

• sebastiancookie
    sebastiancookie Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Drag and Drop Audio——Broken

Sync while browsing Groups —-Broken

Ugh I can't …….do they even bother to Beta test these updates? LOL

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,863 mod
    edited April 28
    Options

Drag and drop is not broken the usual way people do it, from the browser. It just seems some people were doing it directly from the files menu and that is broken but from the browser it is still working as usual so use that instead (it just means importing samples but tbh I think that is what the files browser is for really, to locate samples that are then imported into the user library, which I guess is why the bug wasn't picked up until after release as none of the beta testers were probably using the files menu for D&D).

• Electromusicproject
    Electromusicproject Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

having read here— about still persistant cpu spikes, drag and drop audio issues, graphics interface issues, still not 100% certainty on piano roll endpoint editing, and vst3 fx plugins not loading when using maschine as a plugin (which could destroy years of my work), Im too apprehensive to update. Im suspicious about any changes that may impact my previous projects.
    I feel lucky I got most of my work recovered from the tecent Kontakt 7.10 update, but have a huge project here predominantly using maschine that will take months, and anything that might jeapordise my previous files in this project- just feels too risky.

the recent Kontakt update changed any opened projects so that after rolling back to a functional 7.9, all my settings were erased from those projects.

I value all the posts and user experiences here. Thank you.
    I will test this update on my old computer with a maschine Mikro setup I use for rough compising ideas and see if I can offer any feedback on it. I want to see that I can open all my maschine projects and will do so standalone and in logic.

• sebastiancookie
    sebastiancookie Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Let me be more clear, Drag and Drop Patterns as Wav files is broken. Sometime sit works and sometimes it doesn't, it was working just fine before updating.

Browsing Group previews NO longer syncs to Logic's tempo

Logic Pro 10.8.1 , Mac M1 Max OS 14.4.1

• Kymeia
    edited April 28
    Options

OK thanks for clarifying, I'll check that out. D&D for any sample from the file browser is also broken though so maybe there is a connection, I've already reported that bug

• Michael Arthur Holloway
    Michael Arthur Holloway Member Posts: 8 Member
    edited April 29
    Options

All drag and drop functionality has been killed in this update — surely a bug, I hope! Can't move FX or devices in channels, can't drag and drop samples from the browser, nothing. Did you guys even test these releases ?? I'm on Mac / Ventura.

Options

It's worse than drag and drop audio broken — it's drag and drop LITERALY ANYTHING — broken

Options

You're just way off here. Why are you declaring it's not broken? I cannot drag and drop anything from the primary browser. I'm not doing this "some people…." nonsense you're talking about, I'm just trying to drag and drop literally anything from the main browser, and I can't.

• Kymeia
    edited April 29
    Options

Because it's working for me, at least in relation to dragging samples into the sampler and plugins which is mainly where I use drag - this is in standalone btw, it seems to work less consistently in the plugin - clearly something is buggy there but for me in the library browser in standalone I can still drag samples into the sampler and plugins, just not from the file browser

• Kymeia
    edited April 29
    Options

eg:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4lbfb8r05hicvu1/Screen%20Recording%202024-04-29%20at%2007.41.31.mov?dl=0

• Kymeia
    edited April 29
    Options

As for dragging fx between channels though - I have just tried that and there is definitely a problem there - I can drag some stuff but the drag behaviour is inconsistent

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztucnmopa91yppq/Screen%20Recording%202024-04-29%20at%2007.55.02.mov?dl=0

• Kai_NI
    Kai_NI Product Team Posts: 51 mod
    edited April 29
    Options

Hey all,
    thank you for your issue reports here. We are currently sorting and investigating the mentioned issues.

• Kymeia
    Options

I've submitted full bug reports with all that and videos

This discussion has been closed.