Psytrance style kick and bass

Options

Comments

• David Das
    David Das Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

I'll just be completely honest and say I know nothing about psytrance so have no recommendations, but would love to be included in the raffle!

• WallofSound
    WallofSound Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I'll just be completely honest and say I know nothing about kick and bass so have no recommendations, but would love to be included in the raffle!

• Upplysta
    Upplysta Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I think Machine is you best chance... I saw a serie of video where people used Machine and did a great job. It's worth the money and a high-end piece of gear.

• BigMike
    BigMike Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    Options

I agree with Uwe303. TRK-1 has a great bass engine for what you're trying to to do.

• misterben
    misterben Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Plenty of good advice on here but to sum up the kick:

1. **Choose a punchy kick sample** as your base.

2. **Layer** with other kicks or percussive sounds for depth.

3. **Tune** all layers to match.

4. **Process** with compression, EQ, and saturation.

5. **Shape the envelope** for attack and decay.

6. **Add effects** like reverb or transient shaping.

• Jo.
    Jo. Member Posts: 31 Advisor
    Options

As OP prefers to work in the box and not on the computer, I would also say to try the internal drum and bass synths from Maschine, add whatever stock plug-in to achieve your goals, maybe sample it, add a layer, resample, destroy, keep moving.

TRK-01 is very capable too as many people advised already :)

• Gregory Johnson
    Gregory Johnson Member Posts: 28 Member
    Options

I'd like to win !!!

• matteodiba
    matteodiba Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I'm also not a big fan of sculpting the sound myself, I do it just to a little extent. I indeed had nice results layering 2 or 3 kick sounds.

• Rael39
    Rael39 Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Is humantree01 AI?

• pnutbutta
    pnutbutta Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

There is a full drum synth suite built into Maschine, which are quite good, but it would be nice if, like you said, release those as a separate plugin. A decent amount of NI expansions come with drum synth presets.

• idiot youth
    idiot youth Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

I haven't heard any psytrance for years. I used to love it as a kid though. Maybe try NI's utopia, I understand it's trance mainly but it might get you close...

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,161 mod
    Options

i tried again and it works pretty well with the maschine kick engine, don´t know what i was doing the first time trying it - it´s easy

• OlivierCas
    OlivierCas Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Machine could be a good segway-tool here

• gbalzo
    gbalzo Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

TRK 01 is good.

By the way, a scalable UI would be a nice update. It is too small.

• sofiafile
    sofiafile Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 22
    Options

you (OP) said " I realize I could sculpt sound on my computer on massive, but I dont enjoy working on the computer. "

You are not alone. I'm also a Maschine Plus user. but these days, I usually work ITB. and I eagerly wait for a major firmware and feature update for Maschine Plus, which I used to consider as the instrument of my life.