Psytrance style kick and bass

Options

Comments

• Jeffy G
    Jeffy G Member Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Cool! Gotta admit, a genre that’s new to me. Just discovered drum & bass a while ago, but any new curated instrument or expansion from NI always sparks inspiration. 👍

• rrahim
    rrahim Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Battery has some really good kicks, especially for layering.

• Morendo
    Morendo Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Some people may not know this, but it helps to have your kick's pitch tuned correctly to your song.

• jgfromintonation
    jgfromintonation Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

You can make some really rich bass without taking your eyes off the maschine in the bass synth. I always like to set the waveform to 29 as that’s a nice sine wave, but you can mold it as you please. Would probably help to give a little extra oomph either thru saturation, compression or drive/distortion but all of this can be done with maschine’s stock plugins too, controllable with the knobs on the maschine hardware

• MrBattlehunter
    MrBattlehunter Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

mostly here for the mystery prize but also scrolling through the comments for tips been wanting to experiment with psytrance for a while now to combine aspects of it with psychedelic rock/prog metal like lucid planet/vulkan

• jakubpatok
    jakubpatok Member Posts: 55 Advisor
    Options

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with this style of music, but I'm really curious what this special mysterious product this month will be 👀

• Radtz
    Radtz Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I like to tweek sampled kicks, but I'm not a psytrance guy. I do eq and pitch shifting.

• Charluxx
    Charluxx Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Music has become so sub categorized… That said, Maschine is a great piece of kit, with or without a + at the end.

• Enrique C
    Enrique C Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Came for the mystery box and found superb excellent tips. For punchy and tasty drums, TRK-1's one-shots work great in electronic music genres

• Catarino
    Catarino Member Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with this style of music, but I'm really curious what this special mysterious product this month will be

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,161 mod
    Options

As far as I know the psy trance kicks are generally high in pitch for a kick, short and have a big punch at start with a clicky sound at start.

• Dave Murphy
    Dave Murphy Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Psytrance is not really in my wheelhouse but it's good to be lured to this thread by the curiosity of next month's new product release. Reading the other comments has given me some pointers for new avenues of investigation. Looking forward to learning more.

• djapnrcpro
    djapnrcpro Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Leaving a comment :)

• Jojok777
    Jojok777 Member Posts: 6 Helper
    Options

Honestly I think Massive and Massive X are both great for designing sounds for nearly any type of Trance or Drum & Bass genres! I’ve used them both countless times for projects in that area!

• oobe79
    oobe79 Member Posts: 94 Advisor
    Options

Yes, I have used NI’s synths and effects to make kicks and snares.