Battery 4 won't find samples on the same drive on new laptop

2»

Answers

• portthames
    portthames Member Posts: 21 Sine

Thanks @Uwe303 yes I have.

Maybe the scan library route might make sense in some circumstances, but my sample library is 2TB approx, and just to raise again these are samples already saved in the instrument, with the project file, i.e. they weren't sourced from the B4 library originally.

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 476 mod

I tried it with my 2 computers and it really does not work, there is no way to tell battery to look for the samples on/in another drive/folder permanently. Even creating battery kits and open them up, save project, does not work - there is definitely something wrong.

Uwe

• portthames

Indeed, spent days on this, and you cannot even load project -> relocate samples -> resave - properly recall projects with Battery 4. Kontakt is fine.

@Jeremy_NI Could you kindly help here please?

Many thanks

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI BerlinCustomer Care Posts: 972 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @portthames I'm really sorry. You are experiencing another bug of Battery 4 (BT4-2677). Unfortunately, this will not get fixed any time soon. One of our users

found a workaround:

"I saved the battery drum kit I was using as a user preset along with the cubase mixer layout for that project.

I then removed that instance of Battery I was using in the vst instrument rack, saved the project and then reloaded Battery as a new vst instrument in the vst rack.

I opened battery and loaded the user preset drum kit saved from the older version of the project.

After saving the project under a new name I was then able to open the project without having to relocate the Battery samples."

Does that work for you ?

• portthames
    edited April 19

DBL POST but can't delete. Mods can you pls?

• portthames

Hi @Jeremy_NI that's a pity but cheers yes it does seem to work.

BTW may I ask why Battery 4 appears to be of a lower priority?

Thanks again for getting back!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI BerlinCustomer Care Posts: 972 mod

Hey @portthames Well, there is a lot of work on VST3 and M1 compatibility at the moment for many products. This should also come for Battery 4 at some point, maybe this issue will also be addressed. It's in the backlog.