BUG - I can't relocate samples in Battery 4 - (BT4-2680)

Options

Answers

• millimeters
    millimeters Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

At this point I'm going to look into performing a chargeback for this broken software

• Stein ford
    Stein ford Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Not sure if someone already posted this workaround for those who still have issues loading Custom kits:

0.- (Just in case, set the default Battery's Template Kit to "Factory Default" instead of "Current/Custom" one)

1.- If you're loading a custom project template/or loading an older project, remove the battery 4 instance where the issue is present.

2.- Add a new Battery 4 instance, it should start with the default kit (or empty in my case).

3.- If you moved your Custom drumkits, don't load them in the preset menu, instead locate them in the new directory path again.

4.- Once you're done save it and set as the default IN YOUR DAW's prefered default template.

5.- Try to reload the VST host in several ways (Fruity wrapper in my case) to see if Battery still have issues locating the samples.

That's all I did, this was tested on FL Studio 21. So far no annoying propmts about locating my samples EVERY TIME I shift between fruity wrapper settings.

Seems current battery version has a bug when you use older Battery setups instances, since they stick to the old custom kit's directory and hence the prompt asking you the samples.

• Stein ford
    Stein ford Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Nevermind, problem re-appears after a few days.

• BSW
    BSW Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Seriously, why hasn’t this problem been fixed?? Why can’t you pull it together after more than a year?!?!?

• portthames
    portthames Member Posts: 47 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Jeremy_NI I have tried to be gracious and show patience, (and I appreciate your previous replies)— but I must say the wait for this is somewhat disappointing and surprising for many.

• catch-22
    catch-22 Member Posts: 58 Member
    Options

+1

I think after that much time we are owed a statement if it gets fixed and when the fix is coming. Letting your customers in the dark like this is shady behaviour imo.

I also want to know when Battery 5 is coming. We need a scalable interface besides other things.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    edited November 2023
    Options

Hey all, sorry for the radio silence of late, I was out of office and waited for some confirmations on the matter. There's now a team of developers working on several bug fixes for Battery 4, including this one (BT4-2680). The update should be released by the end of Q4, if nothing comes in the way.

• portthames
    edited November 2023
    Options

Thank you Jeremy, no worries, appreciate the help on this.

• portthames
    Options

I think you are reproducing the same issue as everyone else. @Jeremy_NI has said NI are on to it, and will update us.

• feed.exe
    feed.exe Member Posts: 28 Newcomer
    Options

like few years after.....ZZzZZZZzzzzzZZzzZZZ.....

• feed.exe
    Options

Ok guys when update?

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,064 mod
    Options

Please understand native will not tell you, even if they work on it right now, there can be other issues coming up while doing it. I also don't like the situation with battery but we only can wait or use something else.

• feed.exe
    Options

Or use something else? Is that answer? Moderator? Pffff

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,064 mod
    Options

I can't tell you something else cause I don't know the plans from native instruments. But if you have important projects to do, like I said ☝️- and again, I know that this is not ideal and I would love to tell you - on date xyz everything is fine with battery - but that's not reality.

• portthames
    Options

Yes, you could use something else. It will save your frustrations and having to post here. It is clear the exact delivery date remains unclear.