BUG - I can't relocate samples in Battery 4 - (BT4-2680)

Options

Answers

• feed.exe
    feed.exe Member Posts: 28 Newcomer
    Options

Gentlemen, you have silly ideas; I already bought the plugin once!!! The moderator tells me: buy another one!!! ******? Is it like buying a new iPhone if the screen falls off?

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,070 mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

I'm not telling you to buy another one, if you referred to me. I said use is as it is or try something else meanwhile.

• feed.exe
    Options

Sounds reasonable to dismiss the client. Any better alternatives? TAL Sampler? XO XLR? Any others? TAL Sampler even looks better than Battery. Perhaps it's right to move on from here. Best regards

• Uwe303
    Options

I simply use maschine, cause I also record some live finger drumming and I love the 8 knobs already mapped to tweak my stuff while jamming. But besides that I heard a lot of good things about tal sampler. If you own the full version of kontakt you can use that too, you have a build in mixer even sends and stuff, a lot of build in FX.

• catch-22
    catch-22 Member Posts: 58 Member
    Options

This bug affects all my projects and i have plenty of them. Alternatives are useless to fix this problem. They won't magically replace Battery instances and everything is fine.

• feed.exe
    Options

I know what you mean, I have about 20 tracks... it's time to abandon ship, saving and loading kits each time, pretending that everything is fine for over a year is very unprofessional on NI's part. I have the worst experience with plugins from NI, low-level experience. Regards

Don't buy plugins from this guys, unprofessional. 

• portthames
    portthames Member Posts: 47 Member
    Options

I have just heard from @Kaiwan_NI Administrator at NI the below,

"In case you're referring to this bug, happy to share that it should be fixed in the coming months."

It's a start of progress, for those of you still looking for this.

• David Willis
    David Willis Member Posts: 26 Member
    edited January 4
    Options

SOLVED! I had this problem, too, with the latest Battery as of January 3, 2024.

And I solved it for me!

I'm using Studio One, but it happens in Logic, too. Upon opening a saved project, half my Battery instances are not connecting back to their samples. NI Support's official workaround listed in this thread DOES NOT WORK.

I've tried every other solution I could find online, and nothing worked.

Finally, I saw that when I opened the project again, Battery was pointing to a folder that was called the same thing as the real folder, but nothing was in it and it was in the wrong place. So I deleted that folder, reconnected, and NOW IT WORKS when I reopen the project!

So, for those who have this problem, delete the folder that Battery points to when it it isn't loading the right samples, and THEN point it to the right folder. I have no idea how this phantom folder was created, but there ya go. NI needs to look into why this phantom folder exists in the first place!

ANNOYING THING: Like all Battery and Kontakt interfaces, the f***ing font is too small! And the window is not expandable, so I have to hunt around to find the right folder to delete given the ****** little unreadable interface in Battery. I paid many thousands of $$$ for all my NI stuff -- MAKE A BIGGER INTERFACE!!!

• Steven Sugar
    Steven Sugar Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Same here. Did a fresh install on a brand new mac and simply can#t work with Battery. Very frustrating. When will this issue be solved???

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@Steven Sugar Hopefully the next Battery update fixing this will be out this quarter.

• Kamil Barański
    Kamil Barański Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

There's a bug for 20 months and there's no solution. Great :/

I have a gig this Sunday. Every song is in separate session and has its own two Batteries (first for the click and the second for the cues). Everytime I load the sessions I need to point the new paths. The paths WILL change often as there's date in the parent folder and the project runs on various computers.

What alternatives do we have to Battery? Basic sampler with independent pitch and tempo change and ADSR envelope for the amp. About 50 samples (on different keys) per patch is enough.

• feed.exe
    Options
  • Uwe303
    Options

Not THEY, first i'm not an native employee!!! I just advised you to try meanwhile something else or use it as it is, and I know that this is not ideal,or should I have written "stop all your projects until it is fixed", what would you have said then? There is unfortunately no good solution until this is fixed but I can't influence that part.

• David Willis
    Options

Well said!

BTW, what is a good substitute for Battery? It has to be DAW-independent. Although I fixed my issue with Battery, I'm still curious.

• David Willis
    Options

Did you try my solution? In my case, Battery thought it was connected, but no samples played. I saw that Battery was pointing to some folder that had no samples in it, but had the same name as the correct folder. I deleted that empty folder and reconnected to the correct folder and now it works for me.

When you open a session and Battery is not connected, does it think it's connected or does it give an error message?