Website issues after scheduled maintenance on January 22, 2024

Options

Comments

• Grapedrink
    Grapedrink Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Just to update my experience, I ended up raising another ticket after they closed my initial enquiry regarding the loading products downtime.

I got a response more or less instantly from Mert @ NI with instructions on force quitting NA and NTKDaemon. This worked for me but i still had a couple of issues installing new products.

I ended up thinking that they might of corrupted when downloading during the maintenance so I went to my Downloads folder and deleted all the NI Installers in there and rebooted my PC.

When loading up access again it all looked good, I restarted the downloads but most came up download failed straight away, After hitting retry on these though they have all downloaded and installed fine.

I hope that helps some people. I think it might be wise to delete anything you attempted to download/install over the 22-23 of jan and reinstall to be safe.

Just my two cents on this whole couple of days of issues too .. As frustrating as it all was/is this is the first time I have EVER experienced anything like this with NI in Years of using their products since about 2006 i think!

Thats a pretty damn good track record.

Below is the Instructions from old mate Mert :)

In order to resolve this please carry out the following steps to force quit Native Access and the NTKDaemon to restart it:

Windows:

- Force Quit Native Access 2.

- Go to the Windows Start button.

- Click Control Panel.

- Click Administrative Tools.

- Double-click Services.

- Select the program you wish to start, stop, or restart services for.

- Click Stop.

- Start Native Access 2 once more.

• C J Brown
    C J Brown Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Was able to register new Kontrol S keyboard, but still getting error when updating firmware as of 3pm PST, Jan 24. The keyboard doesn't appear to work whatsoever until that's done.

Can't seem to find any tech support phone # or email. If there is, someone please let me know where to find it.

Thanks

• Grapedrink
    Grapedrink Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Hey Mate,

You need to raise a support ticket.

Click the support link at the top on the NI website banner.

Choose the product support out of the three options of how we can help.

Choose your product, follow the questions then at the end if it doesn;t resolve your issue theres a button to raise support ticket. From there it will generate an email you can reply to in your emails.

Sorry I am not the best at explaining things but I hope that helps!

• Amon Garia
    Amon Garia Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Native Access still not working here. Scotland 01:26. 25th Jan. Can now open Native Access, but when I try to update or install anything, I get the error message ‘Download Failed: Could not reach the download server. Are you connected to the internet’, when I am connected to the internet.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,863 mod
    Options

All seems ok for me and it just ran an auto update smoothly. I don't have anything that needs installing or updating though right now so couldn't test that side of things.

• Lynceos
    Lynceos Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I'm on day 4 of not being allowed to use my paid-for Spitfire Audio libraries just because they depend on Kontakt, which has decided that they're demos and timed them out, preventing me from rendering stems to give to my - increasingly impatient - client. What the hell is going on? NI: if you're going to mess up a server upgrade, that's fine; that's your business. But why deactivate all my installed and activated 3rd party Kontakt libraries?

I've reinstalled Native Access, forcibly killing the service and all of its CPU-hungry duplicate processes every time; I've reinstalled hundreds of GB of Spitfire Audio libraries to no avail. Clicking 'Activate' in Kontakt does nothing except open Native Access, whereupon nothing happens. Native Access has no feature for resyncing activations, or any of the stuff I'm used to seeing in functional, reliable license manager apps like Arturia's.

Not only am I wasting valuable time, I'm risking my professional relationships with my clients just because your stupid DRM system has no presumption of legitimacy and won't let me *render my stems* when your server's down. I don't care about activating new products, I don't care about getting updates, I just want to use the stuff I've already paid for and which - being content entirely local to my machine - has no reason other than your corporate paranoia to stop working due to an incompetent server upgrade. When will this be resolved?

• ivan_mgro
    ivan_mgro Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

Its 25th January 2:30pm (CT) and I'm still having trouble when downloading Maschine 2 Essentials. Is the only application that Native Access couldn't download. When it seems there is progress in the download it suddenly restarts and throw the download error message.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,624 admin
    Options

Glad to hear you could update Kontakt now after reinstalling Native Access.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Options

Hi everyone, after days of addressing issues that emerged after our recent maintenance, I'm happy to let you know that everything is now back to normal. We once again apologize for any inconvenience and frustration these disruptions may have caused over the past few days. Your patience during this time are greatly appreciated. 🙏 

If you happen to encounter any lingering issues, it could be due to something else. Feel free to reach out to our customer care team here.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Options

Everything should back to normal now. Could you please force quit Native Access and the NTKDaemon to restart it? Here are the steps:

Let me know if that helps.

• ivan_mgro
    ivan_mgro Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

January 26, 9am (CT). Mexico

I've already tried to force quit Native Access and NTKDaemon but didn't helped. I'm not able to install Maschine Essentials 2. I've been waiting 3 days for using my new laptop with my maschine mk3 but no success. Its the only missing application and I can't download and its very frustrating. When I tried to download the progress reaches 100mb from 487 mb, then suddenly the download restarts and throws the error message of download error

Please help

• Headtuned
    Headtuned Member Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Is Native here again in Maintenance? - Native Access seems to hang again with loading products

• boogie01
    boogie01 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    edited January 27
    Options

same question here

• Alominium
    Alominium Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Hi I tried to buy the UVI offer but could not get to it. I hope this offer will return.....

• Steve_1
    Steve_1 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I still can’t make a purchase…

This discussion has been closed.