Installing NI to work on a PC (Win 11 up to date) with Studio One V6.5.1 (latest)

Options

Answers

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,947 mod
    Options

Just DM me the link, click my name and select "message", I think via direct message links work I can then post it here for you..

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,947 mod
    Options

Video here: https://app.screencast.com/XBjjRke0rt7rs?conversation=VfuVjKz6Onwf2lXvU9Drdm&tab=Details

I see a few users having issues in Studio One 6.5 specifically, https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/17158/the-maschine-vst3-does-not-work-in-studio-one-6-5/

Can you try a previous version just to confirm if only 6.5 causes this or if it's something else? Install 6.4 for example.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,409 mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

@PTR

I see your video and i think the first problem is because you have 2 versions of Kontakt (Kontakt + Kontakt 7).

Plain "Kontakt" is weird and hardly to be version 6 or version 5. Maybe an older one? I read somewhere in this forum few months ago that having some old versions together with 7 might cause problems in some systems/DAWs.

Try this: Go to your VST folder and manually remove the older Kontakt. Do not delete it at first, just move it in some other folder (ie. your downloads) and test again.

Kontakt 7 can read your older libraries too, so most probably the older Kontakt (i guess a .dll, a VST2) is needless.

For the Guitar Rig case, i don't know

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,090 Guru
    edited December 2023
    Options

Not sure this is accurate. I have Studio One 6.5.1 and have both K6 and K7 Installed and both operate correctly.

My suggestion to the OP about a week was to do this:

1.ย View->Plugin Manager

2. Click Remove Plug-in Settings in the lower right

3. S1 will ask if you want to restart - you do.

4. Let S1 do its thing for a few minutes and check for these plugs again

In my travels - if S1 ever displays that "can't drop me here" icon/sign - that indicates an actual file reference issue - where somehow - the plugin "looks" good in the browser - but is really not good on the drive.

The only way to get a handle on the plugin environment (AND ensure we are looking at/interacting with everything correctly) is to destroy and rebuild the plugin database (per above) and then see what Studio One offers up.

VP

• Sunborn
    edited December 2023
    Options

You are correct, i just edit the comment,

But in the video we see a plain "Kontakt" which is weird and hardly to be version 6 or either version 5.

At first i thought maybe an even earlier version, then i remembered that if you have both Kontakt Full and Kontakt Player, the player becomes plain "Kontakt".

He need to check Native Access to see if both Player and Full are installed. In such case it should be an earlier Kontakt player, perhaps Kontakt 6.

I hope it makes some sense

Note: Also that error (the jws... init.cpp etc) refers to that Kontakt and not Kontakt 7 (see minute 0:38 at the video) and btw is a VST3 so no .dll involved... it should be a Player version.

• Vocalpoint
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Sunborn

"But in the video we see a plain "Kontakt" which is weird and hardly to be version 6 or either version 5."

That is exactly what I see here in my install - the (Plain) "Kontakt" = K6 and Kontakt 7 is clearly labelled.

But again - without an actual "plugin" baseline determined by a "destroy/rebuild" cycle - we are just guessing at what is going on here.

The OP needs to ice his plugin DB and let S1 rebuild it and then test again.

If the same issues are present after all that - we move onto the NI side of things and start removing bits and pieces until we catch a break.

VP

• nobadmojo
    nobadmojo Member Posts: 100 Helper
    Options

I hope the OP got his/her problem fixed so he/she doesnt have to be involved in these bun fights. I doubt this is a studio one issue.

I posted way earlier that I had the same problem and <in my case> the problem was OneDrive. My workstation took an electrical surge and I had to replace my c: drive and do a fresh install of windows. I used Bitwig mostly but also use StudioOne current version once in a while. everything is working properly...now

When I got everything installed , I had the same problem with instruments not showing up. I discovered that Microsoft had decided to install ONeDrive all on its own, and that was causing me problems because Native Instruments decided to default point itself to this OneDrive folder that had no content and I didnt want or point it there...and cloud storage is not a viable location for music software anyway. I am not exactly clear as what I did to fix this since I had another big problem simultaneously with Native Instruments in that I installed the latest version of Komplete Kontrol and use an mk1 keyboard, which is another story..shame on me I guess for installing the latest 'upgrade'

I do know that I ended up totally uninstalling OneDrive <not as easy as it sounds> and changing where KONTAKT was pointing certain file locations in its preference/options

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,276 mod
    Options

Yeah Microsoft does tend to install OneDrive if you sign in with a Microsoft account when installing Windows which seems pretty compulsory these days. The trick is to make sure you tell Windows to save your Documents to your local machine then it doesn't save everything to the cloud. That way you end up with a duplicate set of folders with cloud sync and it doesn't interfere with stuff you don't want it to, pretty much the same as Creative Cloud does.

-- Mike

• nobadmojo
    nobadmojo Member Posts: 100 Helper
    Options

I have no desire to backup/sync to the cloud for multiple reasons. Nor did I tell windows to save anything to one drive.

The problem was that for some reason Native Instruments software decided thats where some of their stuff was located even though there was nothing at all in there, so I thought I would enter this thread in an effort to help out

• mykejb
    Options

Nor did I tell windows to save anything to one drive.

Microsoft are sneaky - you have to say explicitly say "Don't save to OneDrive" when you first log into Windows. And it's easy to miss!!

-- Mike

• PTR
    PTR Member Posts: 23 Member
    Options

So can you change that after the event? And how do you say don't save music files but save 'documents'?

• Sunborn
    Options

LOL ...still you are talking about One Drive? ...i thought you asked to end this off topic debate... ๐Ÿ˜‹

Anyway, to end this:

One Drive is the worst cloud service ever, like most Microsoft things. Every serious tweaking application since 2010 at least, has a option to completely remove it. I don't know any power/advanced Windows user who have this rubbish in his computer; and i know too many. I really don't want to "play the smart" here, but Jesus guys, there are a lot of much-much better cloud services out there, with Dropbox and MEGA to be on the top. Google drive is also far superior from One Drive. Those are facts, you can simply google them.

Hopefully we can return to the thread now, can we?

@PTR few comments above, there are 3-4 comments by me and @Vocalpoint, not fully accurate maybe, but in the right direction and, i am pretty sure that the answer is either there already, either very close! Can you do some experiment with those options?

• PTR
    PTR Member Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Haha - yes .. in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king and all that .... none of this makes any sense to me so I can't dismiss anythung out of hand when there are clearly differences of opinion although given what's been said, it would seem that Onedrive is a red herring.

BUT - I am migrating from Win 10 to Win11 on a new machine so I am re-installing all my software in the new environment. All these combinations of software were working quite happily together on my old machine. Win11 now has Onedrive embedded in it in a way Win10 did not - curious conincidence probably.

I'm just back from a break so I'm working through a bit of a backlog but will be going through this thread and trying out suggestions.

Thanks for taking an interest. ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ

• mykejb
    edited December 2023
    Options

You can change where folders are stored in the Properties of the folder. If they're on OneDrive the folder location will be "C:\users\[username]\OneDrive\FolderName. That should work, in theory! BUT .. some applications store the actual path to the documents folder when they set up their configuration rather than checking where it is each time they access it. Some applications assume the documents folder is C:\users\[username]\Documents. Just something to be aware of!

By default Music isn't redirected to OneDrive, only Desktop, Documents and Pictures are stored there.

-- Mike

• Vocalpoint
    edited December 2023
    Options

@PTR

"Win11 now has Onedrive embedded in it in a way Win10 did not - curious coincidence probably."

If OneDrive IS still causing you hassle - I have the penultimate final remedy for that on Win 11 or no Win 11 - just drop me an email using the address from last week.

Let us know how your rebuild goes AND how the NI software interacts with Studio One.

I just bought my new DAW 2024 parts last week and I am getting ready for a new assembly session here soon and have still not decided whether it will be Win 10 or 11 going on it.

VP