The Maschine VST3 does not work in Studio One 6.5

Options

Comments

• EmAge
    EmAge Member Posts: 30 Member
    Options

I can't use Maschine 2 VST3 in Studio One 6.5. All is messed up. Had to go back to Studio One 6.2.1.

Hope NI fix it soon.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,856 mod
    Options

What is your system? It's working for me on M1 Mac but if you can be more specific about what is not working then I can test that

• Papadon
    Papadon Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited October 2023
    Options

I just posted about this. I should’ve checked here first. It’s only in S1 v6.5. Anything before the S1 v6.5 update works perfectly with Maschine vst.

• Gorilla Texas
    Gorilla Texas Member Posts: 42 Member
    Options

How did you go back a version I'm sub to Presonus plus

• Gorilla Texas
    Gorilla Texas Member Posts: 42 Member
    Options

The workflow of S1 works with the way I want from plugins like Pipeline that allows hybrid setups to multi-instrument modular combinations (with Vsti also). All S1 needs is a new sampler with quality time stretch modes and it's complete for most.

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 657 Pro
    Options

i see...

thanks for the reply...

if it works and does what you need it to do... stay with it!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,947 mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

@Gorilla Texas @EmAge @Papadon I could not reproduce the issue on Mac, I don't have a PC at hand to test. What happens exactly? Can you give us a step by step guide of events that lead to the crash? This way we can try a repro. Since Studio One 6.5 was released on September 26th 2023 and the latest Komplete Kontrol update was released in June 2023, it might be that the issue is on the Presonus side, have you tried contacting their support? Not putting the blame on them here but just trying to figure it all out.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,947 mod
    Options

@lostandfound Have you been able to reproduce the issue with Studio One 6.5 too? On what OS?

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,085 Guru
    Options

Can anyone in this thread actually explain what is going on - clearly?

Looks to me like a few folks suddenly hit a crash of some sort and all of a sudden, the world has collapsed?

Cannot find a single user on the PreSonus official forums OR the FB Studio One forums (which REALLY go deep on this stuff) has mentioned anything like this - so as it stands right now - this is the one (and only) report that I have seen.

Then again - still have no idea what is going on here.

VP

• Kymeia
    edited October 2023
    Options

I'd really like to know what the 'sampler bug' is as well, although I'm very surprised anyone is even using the built in sampler in KK, it's extremely limited to the point where I personally have zero use for it (even more now Sounds.com is gone) so I would be genuinely interested in other people's use cases. Maschine of course is another story...

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,085 Guru
    Options

"I'd really like to know what the 'sampler bug' is as well, although I'm very surprised anyone is even using the built in sampler in KK"

The only "bug" I am aware of in KK is that any "expansion" loops and samples tend to open in the "internal" KK Audio plugin rather than the KK "sampler" plugin. But there is a workaround for that.

VP

• Kymeia
    Options

I think that’s by design, although not sure why, but you can drag drop samples from the browser into the sampler module anyway

• laskop
    laskop Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Yeah I'm surprised at the lack of articulation about what the actual issue is.

For me, regarding Maschine 2 as a VST in Studio One 6.5, I cannot click the items of any drop-down menus to add sounds, start a new project from the menu bar, etc. Any drop down menu item is broken\unselectable. The menu disappears and does not result in the selection that is clicked taking effect. I have tested in Ableton Live 11 to see if it was a Maschine issue and it seems to be working there, I can select things from the drop down menus. I also tested in standalone and it works fine.

I'm not aware of any Sampler issues in KK as I rarely, if ever, use it, but the Maschine issue was immediately apparent as I have several projects that I am using the drum synth sounds in and now I can't change anything without using the little arrow buttons where they are available. I'm kind of dead in the water with using Maschine 2 as my drum sample sources at the moment and need this fixed. I wanted to log into My Presonus to file a bug report with them but I can't even log into that because it's having its own issues it seems. So I don't know what else to do.

Fun Fact: I rarely touch my Maschine Mikro Mk2 and just rely on the software for the Drum Synth sounds, fwiw. I wish there were more.