Installing NI to work on a PC (Win 11 up to date) with Studio One V6.5.1 (latest)

Options

Answers

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,090 Guru
    Options

@PTR

"Yes - I may have screwed something up - I suspect I have. I'm hoping someone else on here might have come across a similar issue or whatever"

The only reason some are "spikey" is that you have not provided anything normal in the way of messaging, normal screencaps, giving us anything "normal" to go on.

Starting with the "jds" message - I have to be honest - I do not know what I am looking at or where you are coming from. All I can tell you is that I run Studio One exclusively AND GR6 exclusively - and everything is working perfectly on my Windows 10 22H2 install.

The only way we can help - is if we can understand your install a bit better but it seems like on error after the other here. No one will have "your" install or your troubles if your machine is messed up like this.

VP

• PTR
    PTR Member Posts: 23 Member
    Options

What is normal? I've tried to describe the situation as fully as I can - tell me exactly what you need to see and I'll send it - or maybe a zoom or something I'm open to anything and I'm certainly not trying to be obstructive. I appreciate any help I get. I've posted the installation paths that I set in Native Access. Illutrated the vst paths in S1. I confirmed that my software is all uptodate with versions. I've done a little video of what it looks in S1 at my end but unfortunatley the system wont let me include it in my post. Is there something obvious that you need that I have not supplied?

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,969 Guru
    Options

I never had any user access problems on my laptop...

Secondly, it was actually much easier for me to just make a desktop folder so that I can relocate them much easier, and even if I had any issue with plugins inside the desktop folder (which I doubt it will happen) I would just go to that desktop folder and reinstall the plugin.

Maybe you (yes, you, VocalPoint) did not get the context of the lactose.

Some people not only can handle it, but they even need it for nutrition, while other people cannot handle it.

• nobadmojo
    nobadmojo Member Posts: 100 Helper
    edited November 2023
    Options

I see one possibility here since you mention OneDrive. Dont use it! It's a bit like 'Hotel California' cuz you can check out but never leave even if you turn it off. It's invasive and evil. I suggest for starters you uninstall it and you may have to google how to do that because it isnt normal.

Is all your other stuff working in S1? I use S1 sometimes and my NI stuff works fine..well as fine as it can work given how NI is these days

Try going to Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol standalones and see where it is pointing your paths ..wouldnt surprise me one bit if OneDrive is in there somewhere..make sure everything is pointing to where your stuff is actually located....make sure all the boxes are checked for your plug ins..do a rescan as necessary...which leads me to recommending that people just install NI stuff to the default locations they recommend (except installing libraries on another drive)...NI stuff seems to have lots of trouble finding locations these days and I suspect doesnt do a great job of cleaning up after itself when you install and/or uninstall/change things. forgive me if i dont have the above just right as i;m going by memory and have had to do all kinds of gymnastics just to get my NI working ok like it used to. but you get the point.

Hope this helps out

• Vocalpoint
    edited November 2023
    Options

@Milos

The only thing (in here) that I cannot handle - is some user rolling a solution with zero context, zero logic and zero background.

Especially when the "solution" goes against every known Windows standard since Win 95 was a thing.

Do us all a favor - you do you and consider leaving the heavy lifting to the rest of us.

VP

• Vocalpoint
    edited November 2023
    Options

The Native Access screencap is good. And do not worry about OneDrive - that is not in this equation (yet)

But I really need to see what Studio One is saying to you - when it is on screen. Need to understand why it's stopping, what error it's posting and so on.

Screen cap the Studio One startup - exactly when any errors appear. If there are more than one error - show me.

That would a be a huge help.

VP

• PTR
    Options
  • PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,283 mod
    edited November 2023
    Options

I am very sorry if my post were worded poorly. I were surely not meaning to be rude or anything like that. but I suppose seen from your perspective then maybe it could easily be misunderstood. I were only referring to that other user writing the following to you : "Need you to dig into the D drive and tell me exactly what is at that "D:\jws" - location." and "It appears to be something Java library based - which has zero to do with Studio One or GR6."

and despite that then I could not find any place where you really did account for the jws reference or what it had to do with , I mean when you are asked directly for information and you do not provide then to me it is a bit strange and make me use expressions like you do not even supply information about. But hey ! to each his own ! I didn't mean to be rude , and I am just another user so not really a biggie !

Anyway , my personal viewpoint is that maybe you need to take a look at your setup if you receive strange jws references where you ought not...

• PTR
    Options
  • D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,947 mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Please do not recommend this to people, it has a bigger chance of breaking other things than fixing the issue, threads live forever and people who land here are likely to break things if they go moving everything to random folders.

Try to only give answers when you're familiar with the technicalities of what you're suggesting, please.

Clarify exactly what you did to "be clever and separate my installation over 2 locations".

I generally don't recommend to keep switching install locations preferences unless you really know what you're doing. Updates and such relly on expected paths used by Native Access, stored in the registry in Windows.

Follow the best practices, applications and plugins all go to your OS (C) drive while content/libraries can go to your other drive.

Do not re-install by overwriting, fully uninstall, then install again.

Also, in Native Access select guitar rig see if NA detects it as correctly installed, and press the "install path" to see if it's actually installed in the correct location. Fix the standalone app first before debugging Plugin issues in S1.

• Milos
    Options

Then they can just make a custom folder for This PC, which means inside the memory and not the desktop...

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,947 mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Sorry. I have no idea what you're talking about, memory is RAM, and a hard drive/SDD/folder is a completely different thing... The desktop is just a folder like any other.

• Milos
    Options

You have a PC, do you, bro?

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,409 mod
    Options

Dude, i don't understand why you insist so much on matters that you obviously have a very small idea...

A great example is this that you wrote: "which means inside the memory"

As D-One mention very correctly "memory is RAM".

NOTHING goes inside memory! Everything we have on a PC, is stored on the hard drive, and nowhere else.

This is basic computer knowledge, since the 90's.

I, again, very friendly, suggest you to read some basics (just Google them!) before you comment, because really you start to annoy a lot of people. People with many years of experience (even professional one, as technicians or developers), studies etc. In fact sometimes you look that you act like a troll or like an immature stubborn teenager. Well, grow up. I have seen that you are also provide good answers, and this, sooner or later will make you a valuable member, but, with this attitude you may find your self banned at some point and it will be a shame...

Remember:

Just because you are smart enough to discover things by your self (thumbs up for this!), this is not knowledge. Knowledge is gained after years and years (even decades!) of hard work, practice and constant experiment. But, ignoring the basics and the correct terminology, it is like making castles of sand on the beach.

Correct terminology is everything!