Installing NI to work on a PC (Win 11 up to date) with Studio One V6.5.1 (latest)

Options
12346ยป

Answers

• nobadmojo
    nobadmojo Member Posts: 100 Helper
    Options

I;m curious if you ever got any help from anyone at NI ??

My experience is similar to yours. Had to rebuild my hard drive and had your problems with NI stuff. This is not a conventional/standard setup. I;m dual booting windows/Linux Ubuntu Studio. I have Studio One and Bitwig installed, a workstation network setup, NI stuff, 3rd party vsts, lots of other apps, etc...Must be just another coincidence that the only one issue I had in the process was with NI stuff (Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol) Also had Native Access problem.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,947 mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

If you don't need it then I guess why not try removing/disabling it.

Dual boot should not be the problem, I have that too, actually, I've had quadruple boot (Windows, Linux, and 2 MacOS versions)... Hackintosh.

However I have seen a couple of people with network storage have issues over the years (if that's what you mean by workstation network), don't quite remember the specifics, unfortunately.

• nobadmojo
    nobadmojo Member Posts: 100 Helper
    Options

The point I was trying to make is that I;m not a newb at things computer and I;ve been using NI stuff for a few years now, and the only problems I have had are with NI stuff..

It truly is a house of cards when 'upgrades' destroy things and you need multiple versions of the same software installed. Creating a support ticket was zero help. I had to spend a lot of time figuring out how to force all the NI stuff to work properly. <back to the way it was>. I bet the nks partners arent so happy these days either as they are truly stuck. Thats all I have to say about this.

If the OP thinks I can help and he isnt getting anywhere otherwise, I;d give it a try since my scenario was pretty identical to his.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,947 mod
    Options

I see, I think I slightly misunderstood you, I thought you said things didn't work due to your unconventional setup.

If the OP thinks I can help and he isnt getting anywhere otherwise, I;d give it a try since my scenario was pretty identical to his.

For sure.

I've mentioned before that putting things in any kind of cloud drive can potentially cause issues, I never heard of NA just deciding to that on it's own but I guess anything is possible.

• PTR
    PTR Member Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Well Win10 wont be supported soon ... I think it's 2025 it stops so there needs to be a solution to this if it is onedrive (but I still find that improbable) ... anyway things become curiouser.

Still can't reinstal Guitar Rig 6 even though it has been totally uninstalled - I'll do a video of that in due course BUT ...

Yesterday I was using GR7 no problem - today GR7 gives me the same mysterius error again?

I think I'm going to have to go to support with this but it's going to be one of these situation where MS, Presonus & Native will all be pointing at each other ... on the brink of dispair ... maybe I'll just unistall everything and start again but F'Me ... Native is so huge it takes an age ๐Ÿ™„

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,090 Guru
    Options

It's not OneDrive - let's just stop talking about that.

Feel free to drop me an email (and any other vids that you cut) There has to be a solution here - even if you need to check in with support.

VP

• PTR
    PTR Member Posts: 23 Member
    Answer โœ“
    Options

ok - after a lot of shenanigans i have found categorically that NI advise not to use their products in folders that are being backed up by OneDrive. I have been running ok now for about a week and the problem seems to have been resolved. The solution was to stop OneDrive backing up the desktop which contained my NI shortcuts. So there you have it. ๐Ÿ™„

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,311 Expert
    Options

Thank you for letting us know the solution to your problems.

So in the end it was OneDrive.

Funny how some comments age so bad and so fast