Do you want BATTERY 5?

Options

Comments

• Milkman
    Milkman Member Posts: 218 Advisor
    edited March 4
    Options

Yeahhh what I really want is a sample based instrument named something like '$Baller$ $Architecture$' or 'A.I. Money Generator 1337' with an extremely gorgeous hires, hi DPI UI and 3 knobs that say "green", "swelling", and "magical". Then I dont have to worry about all those broken 3rd party instruments or any of the money!!

• Milkman
    Options

I will seriously not be spending 1 more penny on anything NI until the 3rd party stuff is fixed, despite my 20 years of appreciating Battery and this entire brand. If it isnt, and that is how new private equity Native Instruments rolls, then we wont be doing business again. I've really started looking outside this brand for more long term stability and value.

• oobe79
    oobe79 Member Posts: 92 Helper
    Options

It's not new, but I downloaded and installed XO by XLN and imported all my drum sample libraries, including Battery, into it. It's obviously a bit different of an instrument but MY GOD! What a breath of fresh air! The file management and browsing samples is now a PLEASURE rather than pure, utter torture (that it has been with Battery). How's Triaz in comparison?

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 437 Guru
    edited March 5
    Options

I’ve tried XO and Atlas before and I like Triaz more. Tagging and sample searching is based on folder structure at the moment (Kick, Snare, Claps folders, etc.), so some housekeeping is needed when importing samples (but Maschine expansions are structured like that, so importing them is easy). They will implement AI tagging and searching soon.

There’s free 14 days demo with about 100 drum kits included at WA website and a huge thread about Triaz on KVR. There’s also detailed roadmap revealed there.

They will do Revolution library (many classic drum machines, presently Kontakt library) as a plugin next, they want to free themselves from Kontakt dependency completely.

They have also announced several upcoming expansions for Triaz already (on KVR thread).

• oobe79
    Options
  • Maciej Repetowski
    edited March 5
    Options

Well, I've been using Drumvolution and Revolution in Kontakt so I'm used to the way Wave Alchemy "thinks". Triaz has very good sample library and extensive FX section. The internal sequencer is very high quality, with many randomisation and probabilistic options.

I don't like the interfaces of both XO and Atlas 2, with their cloud representation of samples and Ableton/Bitwig-like GUIs. I like the Triaz GUI, it resembles Softube Heartbeat and SugarBytes Drum Computer, which I both have and use. I'm not a finger drummer, I program my beats in DAW with mouse, so I also do not need 8x8 (or bigger) pad grid on screen as a visual representation of a controller (that's why I don't use TAL-Drum, Sitala or MPC Beats, either).

Triaz also comes with 700 drum kits, which are production ready, which I find as a huge advantage. Every kit has a demo sequence included, which serves as a kit preview (not low quality OGG files, etc.) and is fully viewable/editable (so one can learn a few production tricks with those).

• Milkman
    Options

You are saying that Triaz allowed you to import your maschine expansions and WAV content directly, and it doesnt use NKS mapping but provides its own internal mapping? I will begin to take Triaz seriously, actually, if it can help me use my maschine expansions to good effect OUTSIDE maschine. Ill have to do some research - Triaz support live finger drumming/16 pad mapping??

I am already moving toward a Syntakt for drums and programming, etc, as a measure to work around NI, but Triaz may also be for me. Thanks for mentioning it.

• Maciej Repetowski
    Options

Just WAV content, not drum kits. Tagging is based on folder structure. So it happens that Maschine expansions have compatible folder structure. They will introduce AI tagging later. Best to give demo a spin, IMHO.

• Maciej Repetowski
    Options

Also check the last page of KVR Triaz thread, where WA outlines next 1.01 update which will be out in a few weeks. The list of improvements is impressive. If only NI would move at that pace…

• Milkman
    Options

Will do, and thanks. Installed the demo of Triaz last night, and so far so good. Was able to quickly adapt it to the MK3 hardware via Bitwig's MK3 script, and so far so, so good!

Im trying to find out how to point it at my existing sample libraries, but so far (maybe because of demo mode?) I cant do more than give it one single sample at a time. Can it map/scan folders? I sent them a pre-sales message inquiring about this, but havent heard back yet. They just offered me an additional 10% off, as well. Im ready to grab this right now, just need to get folder import working.

• oobe79
    Options

Just as an alternative, XO scanned my entire external hard drive with over 1 GB of drum samples (including Battery’s samples) in about 2 minutes. It uses AI to ignore all drum loops and then sort all of your one shots into kicks, snares, claps, hats, cymbals, and synth hits automatically, without any tags or any manual effort. It then integrates it all with XO’s over 8000 factory samples. Browsing through samples is then done in seconds while just dragging your mouse through a graphical “cloud” like representation. Or, you can let its AI suggest a similar sample (or entire kit) based on whatever one you have cued up. It’s honestly amazing. $77.

• Milkman
    Options

Ive been trying to get the Triaz demo to import sample folders from my library, but so far it wont do it. I even dragged 5-10 samples into the "User Samples" folder, but it did not see them even after a refresh. I reached out to the dev to see if this is a demo limitation but am still waiting to hear back.

I was able to drag/drop single samples into the channels on Triaz, but that's all. Im reallllly excited about this (and Im taking a look at XO, as well, based on @oobe79 's comment), and Im hoping to find one of these (or both lol) applications to be my solution. In the meantime, I bought a Syntakt 😂

• apricotandpearjam
    apricotandpearjam Member Posts: 78 Member
    Options

Yes please!!!!!

Battery needs an update so badly.

So many bugs and missing features.

Please NI....

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,063 Guru
    Options

"I will begin to take Triaz seriously, actually, if it can help me use my Maschine expansions to good effect OUTSIDE maschine"

I have never used a hardware Maschine or even Maschine 2 software - but have a ton of expansions - which I use in XO, Triaz (Native), Impact XT, ADSR Sample Manager and anywhere else I can jam them in.

Some of these like XO do use some basic AI to identify bits and pieces and some do not - but it is all very doable. And thanks to Freelance Sounds - XO is now fully NKS compliant, so it is a breeze to use with my S61 MKII.

I still believe Triaz will be the ultimate "go-to" within a year or two when Wave Alchemy implements it's full Triaz roadmap and Battery (if it isn't already) will most certainly be a thing of the past.

I mean - I even use the Battery sample library more in these other tools than I ever would in Battery itself.

VP

• Milkman
    Options

Triaz support got back to me and said they plan to have better library indexing within 6 months. They discussed a roadmap. I am very excited about this, and I have looked at XO a couple times as well. I will try XO's demo shortly.