Do you want BATTERY 5?

Options

Comments

• Dj Free the Sheep
    Dj Free the Sheep Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

battery five would be cool if it was an automatic Free download🤪 also when making your own kits. how can you have the kit going and Long sample play at the same time? If someone could answer that for me would be fantastic.

• David Willis
    David Willis Member Posts: 26 Member
    Options

No, I want a Battery 4 that does not have the Missing Sample bug!

• Simon A. Billington
    Simon A. Billington Member Posts: 52 Member
    Options

Looking at my experience in Logic. Battery it seems to be a problem connecting to the samples.

Loading a patch is fine, closing the plugin window is fine, using it is fine UNTIL I open that plugin window back up or load in a project. All of a sudden its not connecting to the samples.

Bizarre behaviour, but it seems to me like an easy enough fix.

Perhaps the reason why it hasn't been addressed is they have a V5 on the way and aim to address this issue with that. Perhaps. This is just speculation.

• Milkman
    Milkman Member Posts: 218 Advisor
    Options

I want zero additional products from NI. I want my paid, 3rd party NKI and KT3 instruments working again, which stopped being mappable inside kontakt, KK, battery4, and maschine at some point in the last few updates. I have 100s of instruments that were once mapped inside the 'quicklaunch' section of kontakt, and now most of them wont map and wont load into the library. I note: My Soundiron instruments continue to work, but only because I had to download them again along with a "Native Access activation code" so that NA would allow them to be loaded conveniently.

For a few months, most of my complaints were theoretical (Ive been angry about scheduled obsolescence, the destruction of Absynth, the slow shifting of the philosophy here to be one of less value, and the discussed "cultural" changes to the forums). Then one of the many reported issues hit me, and I spent hours trying to recover all my NKS mappings to no avail.

On top of this -- Loopcloud has a whole section and filter for "Kontakt instruments" on their subscription page that they use to add extra value to a Loopcloud subscription. If you have a Loopcloud subscription, try to load an NKI or KT3 instrument today and see what happens -- NI software does not see them. Do all of them not work? I dont know, Ive only tried 50 or so contact instruments on Loopcloud, and none of them work.

• Yoosey
    Yoosey Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options
    > @chk071 said:
    > "Do you want to be able to use the product that you paid for?"
    > You ARE able to use the product that you paid for.

I'm not - I've now given up on it. On my M2 Mac, it forgets where my samples are every time I use it - worked fine on my old Intel mac. I won't start any new projects with it until it's fixed. Used and loved it since v1...I don't get it.
  • BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 623 Pro
    Options

I want Battery 5.

I also want Battery to become the Kontakt of the drum and percussion world.

But everything has its own UI, and that's difficult for Battery to compete with. And new stuff is coming out all the time that does drums and has its own interface.

I just bought a mess of Damage and Gravity libraries. Drums and percussion probably makes up 85% of Heavyocity. Hell, they even have a piano instrument that they converted into its own percussion section! And then there's Ableton Push and Maschine. Or Groove Agent, from Steinberg. They don't just "have" their own UIs, they ARE their own UIs, even if they don't have a partner controller device. Even now, I'm looking at Schema Light and Schema Dark, and they're mostly percussion and rhythm based, and they too have had a UI created for them.

Because of the above, many Kontakt libraries have drums and percussion everywhere, and none of those was tweaked to be able to be loaded as a Battery kit.

It all seems to work "okayish", but I would LOVE for Battery to become that thing where I could go to first, and then load specific drum stuff into it regardless of vendor or format and have the vendor's UI in addition to the option of having the standard Battery UI. Kind of like I can go to Kontakt for almost everything but the few things I use from FM8, Reaktor, or the like.

For example, I can load Drums of War into Kontakt, and play them on my Maschine or my Komplete Kontrol. They'll also play on my old Korg drumpad, and I can even set up my VDrum kit to trigger them from my old VD-20 controller.

All these options, but I can't get them into a proper Battery UI unless I do a lot of manual work up front which ultimately won't be worth my time.

• BIF
    Options

Unfortunately, I kind of agree with you, while being optimistic for the opposite. The risks seem super high right now, and as you say, we will only know in 3 to 5 years. We need to see a number of sequential wins, and they need to be in the form of SMOOTH launches.

• BIF
    Options

"I want zero additional products from NI. I want my paid, 3rd party NKI and KT3 instruments working again, which stopped being mappable inside kontakt, KK, battery4, and maschine at some point in the last few updates."

I agree, but only to a point. Realistically speaking, there is a functional limit to how many people can be on one team and still not get in each other's way. Yes, stuff should get fixed FIRST. But you can't just say "no" just because all of your "yes's" aren't being adopted with the expediency that you would like.

Besides that, if nobody ever talks about the next iteration of the products in all of the product catalog, then a company will end up not only having its lunch eaten by competitors, it will also miss out on dinner and tomorrow's breakfast.

Given that, I think we need to talk about Battery 5, or there never will be another Battery...and then we will all lose.

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 437 Guru
    Options

Have a look at Wave Alchemy Triaz, it used to be Kontakt library, now they made it into standalone plugin. It's a drum machine with sequencer, effects, etc. 700 drum kits, 4.5GB sample library, user sample import is possible. Scalable interface, works with everything.

This is what Battery 5 could have been, if anybody cared. World does not stand still and I think I will be moving on with it 😎

• Milkman
    Options

lmao you know, the new brand management philosophy is bankrupt. Its just bad.

Yes, yes, I know. I asked for a pony, and NI arent in the habit of giving out free ponies. By "free pony" of course we mean "not breaking 3rd party products I already own for the purpose of incentivizing new purchases". I'm basically asking for a no-rules free-for-all, like cats marrying horses and whatnot.

• Milkman
    Options

Wow, I dont think I have ever agreed with you before. Totally agree here. Weird.

• kdv
    kdv Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

They are not interested in fixing something you already paid for…they want you to buy their newest ‘phoenix piano’…

• BIF
    Options

"...like cats marrying horses and whatnot."

Too late; they've been doing that for a long time now.

But with regard to Battery 5, I doubt it's going to appear until there's a new version of Komplete. That way it can be a selling point. I'm pretty sure almost nobody buys only Battery.

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 437 Guru
    Options

OK, so I’ve imported all WAV samples from Maschine and expansions (around 100GB) into Triaz and uninstalled everything NI from my computer.

No drama, just that my time and my nerves are too valuable to deal with them. I want to make music instead.

I will continue to be here out of sentiment and to help people with Mac problems.

If (or when) NI will learn how to code modern, conforming to standards and HiDPI aware apps - I will consider using their software again.

And when new MacOS compatibility update of EVERYTHING will take 2-3 months and not a year.