TRAKTOR PRO Ideas breakdown 2023

Options

Comments

• Kayya
    Kayya Member Posts: 195 Advisor
    Options

The label system of other brands solves this radically. Music with the same label is always diverging. I forgot which one, but there are even those who make suggestions with artificial intelligence.

• Demus
    Demus Member Posts: 155 Pro
    Options

Traktor DJ 2 already has such a feature. Called Dynamic playlist, where the smart list is automatic generated depending on the track that being played. How can you have an advance feature in a free DJ software that is being asked for in your paid Pro DJ software make no sense. The same with Retina Display DJ 2 has support for it Traktor Pro 3 doesn't.

• DJDQmusic
    DJDQmusic Member Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Call me old, call me old school, I don't care. I miss the days when we played vinyl and had our collection organized and labeled with bpm etc. And we didn't complain or have discussion groups. You had to study the thickness or thinness of the grooves of the record to know where your low, mids and hi's were and you memorized the place where the vocals came in and so forth. It was so incredible to have that learning and understanding of music. You played by ear all the harmonics to blend sounds and it made the journey so much more fulfilling. Your software should be a tool, NOT a necessity. Become more dependent on your senses and just listen and pay attention to how the music makes you feel. Go with your instinct. We didn't have time to second guess ourselves which made you a much stronger, confident and seasoned artist.

Try to not be so dependent on the software tricks and take the time to enjoy your music and all the things you want to accomplish and create. And don't worry so much as to what your software can't do, but can do. Just think of all the time you will have enjoying yourself.

• Scratch-E Con
    Scratch-E Con Member Posts: 89 Advisor
    Options

True dat. Craftsmanship which is now only practiced by turntablists and a handful of others.

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 259 Guru
    Options

Have you thought that maybe the lack of these features means we spend far too much time organising our collection, rather than playing.....

• Demus
    Options

Those that doesn't Change with the time will be left behind, evolution not revolution. Those were the good old ways of learning; these are modern times. Don't fight technology embrace it all not just some. No one wants to be carrying 8 to 10 soda crates of records to any gig in these modern times. To be honest with you, true old school would just stick to vinyl records and an analog mixer with two technics turntable and a tube with the standing fan behind to cool it down. Gives you the pure sound and feel that die-hard old-school DJ's love! But we are in the new area, adaptation is the key.

• Demus
    Options

That was my setup when I was 16 years old DJing at house and hooky parties. (Vinyl records 8 to 10 soda crates of records and an analog mixer with two technics turntable and a tube with the standing fan behind to cool it down). I am now 51 years old loving the new technology that the modern DJ software brings.

• DJDQmusic
    DJDQmusic Member Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Pressing "play" is not evolution or a revolution. Adaptation seems to be the new "cancel culture" because if someone feels that someone else is not keeping up with the so called "times" that they are old and by their standards "useless". EVERYONE is a DJ now because it's trendy. They could care less about the craft and do it for the popularity contest. And NONE of the technology old and new then even matters.

All the best technology in the world could ever be enough to deflate the egos some people have.

sorry, I mean adapt to.

• Demus
    Options

Wow....Reading should be fundamental. I know understanding is not. As I said I have been at this since the age 16. I am 51 now. DJing for me has always been for fun. Adaptation is just like anything in live, it is just a choice. Either you do or you don't. Life is simple, it's just your metal capability to understand it that makes it hard. Just be you.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,365 Expert
    Options

DJDQmusic if you make a ******, don't be upset when people call you out on it. Let people play how they like.

• marinelli
    marinelli Member Posts: 31 Helper
    Options

"Try to not be so dependent on the software tricks and take the time to enjoy your music and all the things you want to accomplish and create."

Nice straw man. How do you know that DJs embracing new technology don't take the time to enjoy the music?

And last question: Why do you engage with a thread all about technology and change the subject into a more philosophical kind of discussion? If I want that i go to Facebook.