Say hello to our fresh new look

Options

Comments

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,064 mod
    edited March 2023
    Options

a dark mode, or something like that, as option would be amazing, my wife would love it for sure too, if I'm reading the forum at night next to her

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 430 Pro
    Options

Had to log in today after a while of not visiting the forums. Don't encounter this problem on other websites

• SteveKDJ
    SteveKDJ Member Posts: 133 Helper
    Options

@Matt_NI

Well that's why I can't welcome the new design.

I'm not a child of today, I've spent many parts of my life in the night. flickering lights, etc, etc

My eyes can't stand pure white web pages anymore (my problem)

But I really don't understand how almost every website has the option at the bottom. Well here there isn't and there won't be.

this is not user friendly. but you are the bosses.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,114 admin
    Options

Fair enough and I think I already mentioned we'll prioritise it. I can't say exactly how and when since we have limited dev resources here in the community team but this will be done eventually.

• Uwe303
    edited March 2023
    Options

If you google "force dark mode chrome" (chrome can be your browser, firefox or whatever) then you will find a way to force almost any website into dark mode also natives one. For example edge (chrome based ms browser) looks like this:

Or you tell me your browser and i can help you to set it up if you want.

• SteveKDJ
    Options

@Uwe303, I currently use Edge :(

Thanks anyway

• Uwe303
    edited March 2023
    Options

That's absolutely fine, i use it too on all my devices, you enter "edge://flags" in the address bar, then there is an option with dark mode, you enable it and now most pages, including natives website should be dark, as I shown you in my last post. The option is "auto dark mode for web contents" - set it to "enabled with selective inversion of non-image elements" worked best for me so far

• SteveKDJ
    Options

woow, Thanks...

• Andy Wt
    Andy Wt Member Posts: 85 Helper
    Options

Is it possible to mark all threads in a section as read?

• Matt_NI
    Options

Not yet but I believe this is coming alongside other features to allow more flexibility in what you want to follow / get notified about. We'll double check with our provider.

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 208 Advisor
    edited July 2023
    Options

If you ever change provider, use the one adopted by Elektronauts. It's a great way to parse and share information.

• Milos
    Milos Member Posts: 1,922 Guru
    Options

Well, from my taste, the look is kinda great!

Except the logos.

Burn them...

And bring back old logos.

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 366 Guru
    Options

little quiz: which of these two posts have I upvoted?

A:

in the forum...

inside the thread...

B:

in the forum...

inside the thread...

i've raised this issue before (18 months ago), and at the time @Matt_NI agreed that the state of things wasn't ideal.

maybe a gentle reminder will help?

• wayfinder
    wayfinder Member Posts: 366 Guru
    Options

by the way: i have seen a couple of Ideas in there that had zero upvotes, which means that the person who made the suggestion, who by default, just by posting the topic, is upvoting it themselves automatically, must have MANUALLY RESCINDED their upvote - I would not be surprised if that is because of this supremely confusing business of how they are labelled in the list vs inside the post.

• Matt_NI
    Options

I noticed that too. We will nudge the provider to see if they can change the way the upvoting is handled or see if internally we can do a quick fix. I'd imagine the solution is to have it black whenever its upvoted and grey when its not, right?