Say hello to our fresh new look

Options

Comments

• Jhonbpm
    Jhonbpm Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

And for God's sake update your plug-ins which HD look.. It Embarrassing to have this Pixelated Horrible Look in this Era ..we are in 2023 in case you didn't know !!!

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,114 admin
    Options

We closed our old community yesterday and unfortunately, this is a consequence of that change. Google is ranking some of the old community content higher than the new one and a lot of the discussions are simply no longer available. It's going to take a few weeks for the majority to get sorted by google search and a few months for things to be completely sorted. Nothing we can do here and if you think it's a waste of your time, you can skip clicking on results coming from native-instruments.com/forum

• Matt_NI
    Options
  • Jhonbpm
    Jhonbpm Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

You don't get it.. We lost useful informations for Your first page which promote the new stuff ... You keep pushing new stuff when your actual softwares have a lot of issues.. and now this.... you will lose your customers ! You sure lost me.. you tried to sell me the same soft words every year without.. update them that's crazy !!!

• SΓ»lherokhh
    SΓ»lherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,751 mod
    Options

Too bad, there was lots and lots of good reads and resources. I hope you will make it accessible once again.

• Matt_NI
    Options

It's not lost and we will definitely evaluate this if enough people would make use of it. When we look at the traffic, what was actually being read was condensed only on around 1000 threads which we mapped the best we could (either here or in a lot of case in our KB). Interestingly enough, we also noticed that a large portion of the content was also showing inaccurate or plain wrong information which was a results of not really having a proper set-up for years on our end.

Curious to hear what part you found yourself reading or using as resources?

• SΓ»lherokhh
    SΓ»lherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,751 mod
    Options

Mostly i read up on things doing with coding, mapping, combo FX. Also how people use their gear with Traktor, where problems appear and how to deal with them. Descriptions on how to adapt 3rd party software to overcome Traktor's inherent limitations, etc.

It's also a snapshot Traktor's (and more) history. And you could click on an interesting user and find all sorts of interesting posts.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    Options

But, the "golden rule", as you incorrectly iterated loquaciously, does not mean you should run to your safe space when you're offended. It means engaging in intelligent and empathetic debate, with the hope of enlightenment and peace.

πŸ™

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,359 mod
    Options

Count me in for the old library! I also want it back, i still visit it, there are too many important info there.

For example, the old thread about NKS Library contains a lot of links to older, user-made presets, that do not exists anywhere else. Or, the Maschine thread, contains a lot of tips, tricks, codes etc. for the older versions, but many of those are still apply for the newer ones!

For sure there are hundreds of non-important threads that no one cares about anymore, so maybe the best idea is to bring back some carefully selected discussions and not all the old forum.

Of course, someone has to search and catalogue them and this might be a huge task... but, if you need volunteers, i could happily help on anything related to NKS or Maschine.

For now, people can still find the old library (or part of it), by using the web.archive.org

• Sunborn
    Options

...hilarious indeed! πŸ˜…

Bro, if and when i want to engage in an intelligent and empathetic debate, with the hope of enlightenment and peace, then, i will go to a spiritual or a philosophical forum to do so! Not to a musical one.

I like my works, hobbies, interests etc. separated and not mixed-up like a salad. I have nothing against salad of course, but, as a food, not as a way of life. 😊

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    Options

While 'LOVE' is the Golden Rule and the reason we are born, music is the most spiritual and philisophical force in the universe.

• Sunborn
    Options

No argue here, but... are you sure you are in the right forum? ...just saying...

EDIT:

Ooooh, ok... i am pretty sure now, your goal is to reach 1000 posts and be updated to the "Pulse" level! 😜

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    Options

On the darkmode topic:

Not only do I need dark mode but there's also tons of shenanigans I find that are unnecessary and just clutter the forum. NI has to respect/follow things like consistency between the forum and main website, use in-brand design etc... + obviously has to work with what the current forum provider offers, totally understandable.

Since I don't care about any of the above and no dark mode chrome extension really worked for me I just customize the website with Stylebot, it looks like this for me:

If anyone is interested I can just post the code somewhere and it's as easy as just pasting it into StyleBot; it's not full-on dark tho, it's just darker enough so I don't get blinded by an artificial sun at night.

There's some personal tweaks like hiding the footer, no huge search bar on the home page since there's a search button in the top menu, emoticons for locked threads and announcements to keep thread titles shorter, a wider thread list, etc... Still working on it tho but I am not by any means a web dev.

The code is mostly commented so it should be easy to edit by anyone, for the more nerdy folks.

• Wojciech Ozimek
    Wojciech Ozimek Member Posts: 22 Member
    Options

In my opinion, the old UI was better. Apologies for being critical but you guys changed something which in my view didn't require change.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,600 Expert
    Options

Same, tho I just use the plugins I already have such as ad blocker to remove all the "guff" such as the search box (since I never need to search) and now I have to change the landing page to "Komplete Kontrol" because on mobile, the lack of proper list menu now makes it a little harder to access the actual forums.

This is what the landing page looks like for me:

Straight to the point like the old forum.

On the topic of mobile, another issue I bought up a while ago that is still an issue was the fact when you use the back button on a mobile device it causes the page to completely reload instead of using a cached copy. Almost all forums I use when you go back, the previous page has no need to refresh so just displays but it takes some time to reload a page which does become slow and clunky if you are just browsing posts, I end up not bothering half the time. Just something to be aware of.