Say hello to our fresh new look

Comments

• Stormchild
    Stormchild Member Posts: 51 Helper

The Home page is not useful to me as the default landing page for a forum. I understand there are other aspects to the “community” but discussions are the primary reason for users to come here, and there seems to be no way to get back to just the discussions when you’re currently in a thread. The only path/breadcrumb link is back to home, where (at least on my phone) I have to scroll past a bunch of oversized welcome links and highlighted items (every time) to get back to the list of discussions.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

I'm not quite sure the admins have the ability to modify the css to that extent. I think they just use whatever backend privileges they've been allowed, in order to modify the look and feel. I could be wrong, I usually am.

Could always pop that in with the developer tools every time you visit the site. 😋

• Root Motion
    Root Motion Member Posts: 1 Member

The right panel that give an overview of the forum's main pages and quick access to your favorites / bookmarks is most welcome, thanks! Though I wasn't hanging around much before, so that might not even be new at all :D either way, it's very practical.

As for the Dark/Light mode, option would be nice, but I read that it wasn't really an option technically. I'll just used the computer's night lite, pretty much on all the time anyway.

• Stormchild
    Stormchild Member Posts: 51 Helper

I’m actually fine with light mode, but there are extensions that will apply custom styles automatically when you visit sites. No need to do it manually every time.

• stratoholic
    stratoholic Member Posts: 1 Member

I've been an NI fanboy for many years - since the GR3000 (?) guitar processor. I love the new look.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,592 Expert

So, you don't get it and you get it all in the same comment :)

What a bizarre rant over the suggestion to add an option.

I don't get it man...

You have these things called windows. You can resize them to be the size of a tablet and then you have your regular desktop wallpaper in the background. Or if you're sitting across the room like I am right now, I have my browser zoomed to 150% on a 32" monitor, and its like having a giant tablet 7 feet away.

Firstly, I (nor anyone I read in the thread) am not "winging" as you put it, we were ASKED when this forum first landed what we would like to see as suggestions for improvements to the forums and myself and MANY users suggested an OPTION (not a hard coded change) for a dark theme. Many forums offer this now and it was stated at the time as a good suggestion and something the forum developer might consider, but was not possible at the moment, is still the same in this case, I simply echoed the suggestion again.

It is also apparently clear that this suggestion is not a sole suggestion I personally have, in fact I am sure someone else made the original suggestion and I echoed my +1 to it when this forum was first opened

I get it... you want your groovy dark screen in your groovy environment so can trip out and be groovy, but you can also adapt to what you have without suffering the way you say you are.

That is quite a patronising statement that really shows little regard for anyone that may actually have a sensitivity to bright light! Personally, I don't have a major issue with a bright screen but I do suffer migraines, I have a medical "Astigmatism" which I have had my whole life and require glasses to correct but this can also cause eye strain due to how glasses work and the fact light is more focused. Loads of people have this kind of vision problem and it is perfectly managable but coupled with coloured blindness and a difference in how I detect certain wavelengths of light, it can cause headaches and eye stress when there is too much light and reducing bright light is one thing I do to help. There is a reason coding software is almost always dark in colour and also why pretty much every DAW now uses darker main colours, I can tell you it has nothing to do with being "groovy".

Now, I already modify my workspace (and web browser) to solve these problems, I am very aware and capable to do this BUT not everyone out there is so it would be a nice thing for those users to have the OPTION like other forums and sites are now including.

When the electricity is gone then you'll have something to whine about. There'll be no bright lights... anywhere!

"Electricity" is not a finite resource, it is just the name given to a form of energy which is technically infinite. You can create Electrical energy by means of mechanical generation such as wind and steam, chemical conversion (batteries, solar) or thermal converstion using a heat/cool differential, at least that is what it says in my sons year 5 science book.

You are also forgetting about the Sun as the most obvious bright light source and while people can simply close their eyes or squint if it's considered too bright, we still have those options called "sunglasses" which are not just for making people look "groovy", but also have that extra benefit of reducing glare and UV rays into the retina.

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

I'll always be patronizing. Anything I say in this forum has zero consequence. Fonts on a screen are meaningless drivel. ☺️

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,592 Expert

Yeah, what can one say to that really. Not sure i'd be game to suggest everything everyone posts here is meaningless drivel.

Point taken, i'm just gonna check out of here now...

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,350 mod
    edited February 2023

to @Admin:

Another great option that i deeply hope you include soon, would be an "unsubscribe from this thread" button, on the top of each discussion! ...you know, when something becomes "too much" and we don't want to participate any more, or get new notifications... 😉😊

Thanks in advance! 🙏

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,113 admin
    edited February 2023

Yes, you have no idea how much we need this too haha

That's not something we can do ourselves unfortunately, but it's already in the backlog of our provider.

This feature request is in the planning/design phase. We're aiming to develop these types of features in 2023. You'll see these options in our development plan as Notifications Unsubscribe, and Discussion Following/Unfollowing.

• Jhonbpm
    Jhonbpm Member Posts: 14 Member

Fresh look load this image every time I search something native instruments related,, I hate i !!! it make me feel like I didn't found anything and also makes me leave the page.. so it would be nice to leave me with what I found not with this part of your website !!!

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,113 admin
    edited February 2023

I didn't quite get it ... I'll send you a DM.

Edit: Actually I think I understand what you mean but correct me if I'm wrong. You search something on Google and when you click on the result, you land on the community homepage. I think this is because the old community is closed and so you are redirected to this new space. Let me know if that is what you meant so we can share your feedback.

• Jhonbpm
    Jhonbpm Member Posts: 14 Member

Exactly as you said... I search something on Google related to native instrument and I'm landing on the top page which has nothing to do with what i searched... For that reason I m instantly close the page because I realise has nothing to do with what I clicked on Google .. In fact it's very annoying is like I'm wasting my time, actually you are wasting my time ... First thing I scroll down and found nothing related and then I leave the page, yeah I'm wasting time !!! Fix This !!!!!