NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,639 Expert
    edited September 2023
    Options

Funny this comment, am I also not entitled to my opinion? If I see someone being rude, obnoxious, deliberately spammy or whatever, should I also keep quiet about it?

The only thing I can recall is some advice you gave that was completely wrong and I offered the correct advice. If you would like to PM me with the example of what the issue is so I can maybe learn from my mistakes, happy to discuss, but let's not try and tarnish the fact I have been here over 10 years like many, helping thousands out, assisting many thousands more via email, remote sessions, helping blind users setup their libraries etc, with the fact I am human like most people here and sometimes say things in a way others can perceive as rude. Some people feel being told the truth is rude.

Feel free to create your own thread with your examples and we can discuss openly what your confliction is, no need to clog up useful threads with personal views.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,299 mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

I think that you have given ample demonstration in the last two posts addressed at me that you are plenty happy about yourself and that you are convinced that everyone else is too. So why would I want to spend any time at all discussing with you how fond you are of yourself and how much everybody else agree according to both you and your fans !

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,639 Expert
    edited September 2023
    Options

Maybe the way you project yourself, like these comments, is what rubs me the wrong way. That and your excessive use of exclamations !

Seriously, if you are going to throw a comment into the ring and then not defend your comment with any real facts or examples because people don't agree with you then just back out and say "what's the point" what was the point of making such a claim in the first place? Why make a comment in a public setting then state why you should spend time defending the comment? None of these people are my "fans" and I would think that comes off as a bit condescending suggestion, these people are just like me, knowledgeable guys here to help others and discuss things in a forum. People stick up for those they have known for a while and since I and many of the people in this thread have been around for 10+ years we have learned to get along and respect each other.

I think that you have given ample demonstration in the last two post addressed at me that you are plenty happy about yourself and that you are convinced that everyone else is too.

Um, if you read I acknowledge pretty clear that I get a few people will be upset with me, find me ANY user here with a post count of 2000 or more that has not upset someone along the way. I don't sit here and ponder if everyone likes me or not because that is not a goal of mine and if it was, I would certainly not be on the internet. I live in Australia, we don't walk on eggshells but will help you rip the shirt of another mans back if it was warranted.

I pointed out months ago after almost every question that came up you were suggesting to uninstall and reinstall everything again making sure to use Admin mode etc. To me, your answers sounded and looked like the increasing number of answers given by AI bots and I simply called this up and said that uninstall/reinstall should be the last thing to do since it is very time consuming and requires a lot of bandwidth.

I have never engaged you again after that so if that is what your nose is bent out of shape about, don't take offense. There has been an increasing number of bot answers which are always generic solutions like reinstall software, update drivers. Before setting about uninstalling stuff it is much better to check every other base to make sure there are no issues. I do support technical for a living, most of the time a direct and stern approach is the best at saving frustrations and time.

If I ever receive one of the NI prizes for helping I will donate it to you if you like, I have no need for the vouchers as I don't purchase NI software much, I have enough already that I don't use, I hang around on the forums to chart, learn from others and practice my support skills. If I upset 1 in a thousand people, i'm winning but if I did upset you I do apologize as it is never my intention to deliberately upset anyone, usually it is more a case people get upset with something I have said because of the way their feelings work. I have nothing against you at all.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,299 mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

So you do remember after all ! (though we maybe do not comprehend what passed the same way !)

Quote : "if I did upset you I do apologize as it is never my intention to deliberately upset anyone" ,

OK ! apology accepted !

Quote : "I have nothing against you at all." ,

OK , I could make comments , but I will not do so/I will refrain and as written above then "apology accepted !"

As for the voucher offer , then thank you but no thank you ! , I have no wish of taking the prize for another mans work (you can keep your shirt also 😉)

• Onj
    Onj Member Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Hello. Sorry if I missed it or just didn't look in the correct places, but curious to know if anyone has made presets for the GoranGrooves drum libraries? They should all have the same layout from the info I've read. Very reasonably priced as well, so would be happy to purchase for someone to make at least one of them. I own the Reggae Standard which is $35 USD.

I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks very much.

I can't post a link apparently because I haven't been on the forum long enough, because it lost who I was, so parse 'library dot gorangrooves dot com' and it will make sense...

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,861 mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

I don’t think you have missed anything, tbh I had not even heard of these before

https://library.gorangrooves.com

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,410 mod
    Options

i can tell you for sure, no one has made presets for those, so far (at least no one that we know), personally i never even heard those plugins before... what make things even harder is, that they do not have demos, so even if i (or someone else) wanted to help you, i have to buy those (which is not going to be happened, as i have a lot of pro drum tools already)... maybe another fellow member can help, though :-)

• Kymeia
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hard to see what they even look like on the website, are they for Kontakt or plugins in their own right? Do they come as VST3 and support Apple Silicon? If so it may be possible for me to work with you to show you how to do it but it depends on how complex these are. Some drum plugins are hard to map in Komplete Kontrol, there’s a reason why Battery 4 doesn’t come as a proper NKS for example, as every cell would need its own multi page mapping, it would just be unusable

• Onj
    Onj Member Posts: 49 Member
    Options

They're stand-alone AU/AAX/VST2/VST3, and so far as I know, they do have a trial mode so maybe it's possible to map even using those?

I just bought it because I knew I'd definitely like it.

I'd love to show you what it sounds like but since I'm not allowed to post links, if interested, check my latest instagram clip out where I have the UI in-focus.

Insta is Onj_AndreLouis.

I'd love to do this myself but I'm not sure I know how, or even if it's accessible to do with a screen-reader.

Thanks for any help/advice, this community really is invaluable.

• Kymeia
    edited September 2023
    Options

I'd love to do this myself but I'm not sure I know how, or even if it's accessible to do with a screen-reader.

Ah I see - does that mean you are blind or partially sighted? I will have a look to see if there is a demo when I get home from work but it does depend on whether is is doable to map, not all plugins are, especially drums can be challenging, but I like a challenge :)

You should be able to posts links after a few more posts

• Kymeia
    edited September 2023
    Options

I have registered for a demo and found a video - looks like it would be pretty easy to map actually, the only question is whether I can do that with the demo, depends on the limitations

• Kymeia
    Options

Thanks Christos, so sorry to hear about the flooding, I hope you manage to get things back in order again soon

• Christos Adamos
    Christos Adamos Member Posts: 131 Pro
    Options

Unfortunately, this is the second time in 3 years that the same thing has happened. It will take me a long time to rebuild everything from scratch, but thank you very much for your wishes!

• Kymeia
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hi I have installed the demo and it looks like it is possible to save as a template so I have started on that, but is it supposed to have presets because I can only see the default one? Maybe this is a demo thing?