NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 412 Guru
    Options

BT Phobos, Equator 2 and Phaseplant NKS 2 graphics added to the respective User libraries. I'll get through the rest but it's not a lot of fun pulling the graphics again, especially when a lot of those are protected, and only available via inspection and CDNs etc.

• Vagus
    Options

The best thing about this place, is that the users typically tend to work together to better the experience of newcomers, help others, and drive the NI ecosystem forward.

Jester is frustrated by some of the same things other users are, he's just vocal about it. We don't always have to agree with NI - and on some points, I completely disagree with some of their policies. But nobody is stopping anyone having an opinion. We're all entitled to our opinions, but I'd say this is probably not the thread for it.

• jakx92
    jakx92 Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

@PoorFellow If you didn't expect anything good to come from your comment, then why post it?

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,943 mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

I believe that the correct quote from what I wrote is : "I never expected anything but trouble from the comment" , So you mean that I am supposed to just keep silent every time that I know that some people will probably respond with negativity ?

@Vagus , I don't mean to be impolite but the "We're all entitled to our opinions" , which I am sure that you genuinely think that you mean , that , and other similar expressions, is something that people who themselves have the right opinions writes to others. It's not how things works in reality (and especially not 'in reality' on-line either) !

• Vagus
    Options

As a person whose living is made in comms/pr, when I say "we're all entitiled to our opinions", I can asure you I mean it, and can happily accept when I'm wrong. Anyone that works for me is told they work 'with' me, and are asked to challenge me if they feel like they should, because we get the best result that way.

• Vagus
    Options

Back on topic. The forthcoming KK update...

Those of you that have used Kontakt 7 with its new browser will either be happy/unhappy. I think it's a much better experience, but I can see why others don't. However, it presents us a chance to upgrade another graphic.

MST_Plugin is not limited by size in Kontakt, but it is in KK. I expect the new KK browser to work in a similar way, and best results have been gained from replacing the standard MST_plugin.png with a 440x228 image.

I've included a couple of examples of where I've updated these, so if the new KK browser works in a similar way, you'll be able to get a much higher resolution display for your images. Those that you don't update, can look quite blurry in the new browser, and for someone who hates unfinished things, I take no joy in posting these screens from Kontakt- but it will give you an idea of what's likely possible in the new KK browser, and something to compare it to.

For those of you that prefer higher resolution art, I'll likely update the MST_Plugins from my uploaded NKS. For those that are happy - no need to worry.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    Options

Thanks, I also posted a couple of examples of NKS including the required new graphics recently (Filterscape VA and Toybox Thump)

• PoorFellow
    edited September 2023
    Options

(Thank you @ Vagus)

Should anyone else here be a total noob like me with respect to NKS User Library and read this and do not understand the part with the MST_plugin.png then it is found in the (Windows) system drive directory for the instrument ! E.g. : C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\40s Very Own - Drums\PAResources\image\40s Very Own - Drums\MST_plugin.png together with other images/artwork !

(Reason for posting the above here is that Google came up rather empty on the search, at least for me, so I had to dig myself to find the location since it were not on the target drive for custom path installation where I initially expected to find it !)

• Kymeia
    edited September 2023
    Options

Look in the NKS User Library it's all explained there

Creating NKS templates

I also updated these instructions with NKS2 graphics specs

• PoorFellow
    Options

Thank you :-) Some more added to the stack of all the things I'd like to know and learn a lot more about !

• Kymeia
    Options

Working this stuff out was the main reason I setup this thread back on the old forum. I wanted to make sure it wasn't just NI and 'NKS partners' who could create NKS but open it up to anyone who wanted to control a plugin that wasn't officially NKS too.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,620 Expert
    edited September 2023
    Options

Did I hurt your feelings because I didn't agree with you at some point. The issue is people have their noses bent out of shape FAR too easily these days. Even saying to someone to try RTFM causes people to loose it.

The issue is nothing to do with that at all, it is NKS has been out 10 years now, the update officially is slow and many have actually moved on, it is just not as popular as it use to be and living costs have grown substantially. simple. I cannot say things in a way that everyone will take as perfect, I guess I have offended you at some point so sorry for whatever caused you offense but to say I am rude to everyone, why would I be here after 10 years with so many likes and why would so many disagree with you? Maybe it is just certain people I don't really like, usually there are good reasons and i'm not interested to befriend everyone, I sometimes find it refreshing when people speak up even if it is at the potential of making an enemy.

• JesterMgee
    edited September 2023
    Options

Funny this comment, am I also not entitled to my opinion? If I see someone being rude, obnoxious, deliberately spammy or whatever, should I also keep quiet about it?

The only thing I can recall is some advice you gave that was completely wrong and I offered the correct advice. If you would like to PM me with the example of what the issue is so I can maybe learn from my mistakes, happy to discuss, but let's not try and tarnish the fact I have been here over 10 years like many, helping thousands out, assisting many thousands more via email, remote sessions, helping blind users setup their libraries etc, with the fact I am human like most people here and sometimes say things in a way others can perceive as rude. Some people feel being told the truth is rude.

Feel free to create your own thread with your examples and we can discuss openly what your confliction is, no need to clog up useful threads with personal views.

• PoorFellow
    edited September 2023
    Options

I think that you have given ample demonstration in the last two posts addressed at me that you are plenty happy about yourself and that you are convinced that everyone else is too. So why would I want to spend any time at all discussing with you how fond you are of yourself and how much everybody else agree according to both you and your fans !

• JesterMgee
    edited September 2023
    Options

Maybe the way you project yourself, like these comments, is what rubs me the wrong way. That and your excessive use of exclamations !

Seriously, if you are going to throw a comment into the ring and then not defend your comment with any real facts or examples because people don't agree with you then just back out and say "what's the point" what was the point of making such a claim in the first place? Why make a comment in a public setting then state why you should spend time defending the comment? None of these people are my "fans" and I would think that comes off as a bit condescending suggestion, these people are just like me, knowledgeable guys here to help others and discuss things in a forum. People stick up for those they have known for a while and since I and many of the people in this thread have been around for 10+ years we have learned to get along and respect each other.

I think that you have given ample demonstration in the last two post addressed at me that you are plenty happy about yourself and that you are convinced that everyone else is too.

Um, if you read I acknowledge pretty clear that I get a few people will be upset with me, find me ANY user here with a post count of 2000 or more that has not upset someone along the way. I don't sit here and ponder if everyone likes me or not because that is not a goal of mine and if it was, I would certainly not be on the internet. I live in Australia, we don't walk on eggshells but will help you rip the shirt of another mans back if it was warranted.

I pointed out months ago after almost every question that came up you were suggesting to uninstall and reinstall everything again making sure to use Admin mode etc. To me, your answers sounded and looked like the increasing number of answers given by AI bots and I simply called this up and said that uninstall/reinstall should be the last thing to do since it is very time consuming and requires a lot of bandwidth.

I have never engaged you again after that so if that is what your nose is bent out of shape about, don't take offense. There has been an increasing number of bot answers which are always generic solutions like reinstall software, update drivers. Before setting about uninstalling stuff it is much better to check every other base to make sure there are no issues. I do support technical for a living, most of the time a direct and stern approach is the best at saving frustrations and time.

If I ever receive one of the NI prizes for helping I will donate it to you if you like, I have no need for the vouchers as I don't purchase NI software much, I have enough already that I don't use, I hang around on the forums to chart, learn from others and practice my support skills. If I upset 1 in a thousand people, i'm winning but if I did upset you I do apologize as it is never my intention to deliberately upset anyone, usually it is more a case people get upset with something I have said because of the way their feelings work. I have nothing against you at all.