NKS User Library

Options

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,785 mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

Yeah afaik anything that is installed via Native Access has to be NKS ready but it seemed appropriate to complete the set :)

• jakx92
    jakx92 Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Has anybody done Lector by Waldorph? It's on sale right now and looks pretty cool.

• Kymeia
    Options

Does it not come as NKS already? - the other Waldorf plugins do (although they only work with the VST2 versions)

• jakx92
    Options

I don't know. If so, they don't mention it anywhere.

• jakx92
    Options

Thanks for doing these. It's always nice to have new free toys.

• overlord25
    overlord25 Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Hi, Just curious as to how these differ from the pre-existing official Rob Papen NKS support for the instrument?

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,373 mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

These are for the VST3 version. The official Rob Papen NKS are working only for the VST2 version.

• Kymeia
    edited September 2023
    Options

Not anymore, RP have fixed the VST3 NKS for Blue III and BIT 2 (which they did announce some time ago) but I just found out (which they didn't announce) they also seem to have silently fixed them for several others (Punch, Vector, Predator 3, Go2, Blade2); the only synth I have of theirs that still complains about Migration is RAW

• mmk_music
    mmk_music Member Posts: 40 Member
    Options

@JesterMgee Since I am one of the few with an MK3 right now, I had to try adding my own NKS banner to your Synth Anthology 4 user library.. 😍

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,620 Expert
    edited September 2023
    Options

Yeah that looks good. Looks like there will be a lot of work to update artwork to add in this new image.

I believe it is a .webp file. Anyone able to test if it still works if it's labelled as a PNG? Would just make things a little easier if it also detected a PNG image for the same thing.

Personally, I would have prefered it to do away with that massive image that kind of contributes to nothing and instead add the actual value of the encoder on-screen.... like it is on the MK2.

The encoder position icon is a nice addition but at the loss of the useful info where you have to touch the control now to see. Seems it could also be added onto the screen under the controls, but I guess that would make the touch controls kind of useless other than for voice assistance.

• Kymeia
    Options

Useful to know thanks

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,943 mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

I am completely sure that this is not going to be appreciated though only totally fair to tell you ! , but from personal experience then I'd say that your social skill in-between leaves something to be desired.

I myself have bought from you but your behavior here is not a type that is encouraging to support you , though I do try to be kind and actually did inform someone else about your NKS library stuff for third party VSTs only yesterday !

Had you yourself started being a little easier going (a decade ago ?) then maybe more people in general would have been more appreciative or supportive of your NKS stuff !

As for the income drying up then , well I am not even free to describe the world as I see it here, but turn on the 'telly' and watch what's going on , again , I am not even allowed describing an alternative interpretation here....

• Kymeia
    edited September 2023
    Options

Had you yourself started being a little easier going (a decade ago ?) then maybe more people in general would have been more appreciative or supportive of your NKS stuff !

Respectfully I can't agree with this at all. Jester has plenty of well deserved appreciation in this community and a lot of people support his NKS. He's a 'straight talker' but most people also appreciate that, I certainly do, and if they don't then maybe they need to learn that's a rare quality and a good thing these days.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,943 mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

There is a lot of difference between being a 'straight speaker' and allowing one self to be hostile towards people that you find annoying when they do their thing ! But whatever , I never expected anything but trouble from the comment (not meaning that I perceive your response here as such) and least of all that anyone would agree with me. And as I did write "from personal experience" then why would anyone not in the receiving end of the 'straight speaking' either notice or care !