NKS User Library

Comments

• CubaseThomas
    CubaseThomas Member Posts: 31 Member

Had the same with other posts earlier… strange….

• Xavier
    Xavier Member Posts: 11 Member
    edited February 2022

It's so crazy, now I pressed post again and it appeared immediately but additionally on the bottom them comment remained as a draft too, for further uploading. - Crazy forum software.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Sunborn: You were right and wrong - Yes it was already there but short after I managed to post it I recognized an error in the text an wanted to correct it, then the post disappeared again and I wasn't able to reload it until now (I was blocked by the system). It's really crazy - Sorry for that. Hope it remains now and I leave it untounched befor it'll disappear again. As well this comment, I posted it afterwards but the system decided then to add it to my posting - I assume as long as a certain time is not over or another one is posting any further comment is getting attached - Not very nice for better overview - I give up. Main thing is hopefully now, that posting and especiall link is out for the packed material, hope this download source is stable and reliable enough, I just started a free membership for having some free space there.

Have fun guys. And sorry for this confusing stuff - It was really not on me.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,325 mod

do you mean that you repost it? ...because i don't see any new post, neither your old one!

i suggest to delete the old draft, and write a knew one (you do not actually need to write all these again, just copy them from my comment, and paste them on a new comment) :-)

• Xavier
    edited February 2022

just deleted content to keep confusions as low as possible

• Xavier
    edited February 2022

Forget the whole stuff I wrote - That what I saw was your copy of my first post, not my re-post.

Sorry I'm really getting confused here. Maybe I try aggain to upload but anyway your copy contains the post and the link - so finally it's fine although my first post contains still some text issues to correct - I recognized my keyboard or even the software don't take over every typing I do.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,325 mod

@Xavier ....still, it's your post and the right thing is to be under your name, not mine... you should try again tomorrow!

• Xavier

No worries, I'm fine with that and we need no double postings. Thanks for flagging.

Cheers

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 213 Helper

@JesterMgee Just grabbed the O-BE nks from your site. What a treat. Been waiting for that. Expertly tagged and organised, once again. Thanks man.

• Xavier
    edited February 2022

Nothing against Jester but for me it has a little bit a "taste" .

Shortly I rolled out my whole presets on the 26th, his paid version appears. I know he's doing an excellent work so far and I even bought some stuff there but having the right tagging tool, my preset workout could be transferred and tagged in the right way as well withing some minutes..... at least I didn't see any announcement that he's working on the OB-E like he did for the Roland cloud stuff, therefore I started to build up the presets by my own and shared it here for free. For this publishing chaos - sorry, forum software is not on me.

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 213 Helper

@Xavier Really appreciate that. I did try your version, but as I use Mac, do not have any kind of efficient tool for configuring the macros, which are essential for me on an instrument such as this. I had already made my own for v1, saving the presets one by one, so was helpful to get the extra patches, but I had emailed Jester some time back about this. He said he was planning to do it on release of the Windows version, which prompted me to check the site. I am always up for a fully functional free alternative, but I will also pay for somebody else's hard work if it serves my needs. Would love to get the Roland Cloud rocking on Mac too, but that's an NI thing.

• Xavier

OK then it was really just a coincidence. Sorry for the claiming

Yep as I said, Jester is doing an excellent work since NI doesn't really support the user in this case generating presets of instruments and especially supporting them, that they can tag them by themselves in the right way to have a good worksflow in KK or Maschine.

I love my Maschine but I really miss in some cases having more freedom to operate - This is for me as well in a certain way a kind of a users satisfaction.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,110 admin

@Xavier Your posts were flagged as spam and that's why you didn't see it here. This can happen for different reasons but it got even more flagged as you tried to submit it 30 times. Our anti-spam is still learning the different rules and behaviours which means we still get false positive from time to time. If it happens to you or anyone else, just give us a moment to review your content manually and try to post something else in the meantime (usually reducing character counts and external links does the job). Once you have reached 3 posts, your account is automatically verified in any case.

• Xavier
    edited February 2022

Hi Matt thanks for response.

First I recognized that my (tablet) screen said it's going to be checked before rolled out - But this info didn't appear on my desktop monitor - where I wrote the comment and initialized first - just on my tablet where I tried later on to upload the draft again. So for me, always when I pressed the upload button on the desktop browser (post comment), nothing happened, it just remained there for posting.

Caused probably due to some blocking apps I have installed but I didn't get any info that they block the content nor from your system (i.e. via email) that the content is blocked and/or waiting for release.

Finally sure - I pressed the button then a couple of times to figure out the reason and then got additionally blocked in the background by your system

Then after a while suddenly via the tablet, the upload seems to proceed, but then I recognized some errors in the letters I wanted to edit again. When I started saving, the content was again in the queue and didn't re-upload again. That was probably the time when other users received the info that's a new content there but since I couldn't re-upload again it wasn't.

And then at the end of the day by clicking on all available possibilities, I finally killed my complete content. Happy that one user reload it because is was already "pissed off" and don't wanted to write all again.

Good to know now that there are some "secrets" in the background you should be aware when uploading especially for newbee's

Cheers, Xavier

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,110 admin

I'm gonna write a thread in the Welcome area to make this more obvious and explains how it works. Thanks for the feedback!

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert
    edited February 2022

Hate to burst the bubble but the "Right Tagging Tool" is basically your ears, eyes and hours of time :)

I create ALL NKS presets using Komplete Kontrol, some automation tools (AutoIT) and a LOT of time. Actually saving out NKS files is often the easiest and less time consuming part. Tagging and control maps are the hard part and there aren't any magical tools for that. I have developed some helper scripts to save mouse clicks and I also use a StreamDeck to add custom tagging buttons to save using the mouse but I still click through every preset over days and days and tag these out. Even companies that develop their plugins often don't have fast ways to do it either and also have to do it by hand, which is why some simply don't.

OB-E saved me a little time because some of the presets have tagging which I was able to read out a tag file they have and convert these to NKS format and write these to the files.

Mostly I will start tho it is done by hand, OB-E took many hours especially making a usable control template. I checked your version out and without tagging or a properly constructed controller map (the auto mapped controls are often a bit of a mess) it will be very hard for blind users to utilise, this is a big reason I will inject literally hundreds of hours sometimes on some plugins, there aren't any shortcuts, it is pure manhours and I fillow the same format I have developed over the last 7 years.

I did make mention of the fact I was working on OB-E in my thread, It was even mentioned on the old forum at the time as I explained it was only available on macOS and speaking with the developer he did inform me a PC version would be available. Also, assume if I have done every plugin already for a developer I will also develop future plugins as they are requested. If in doubt just ask.

This new forum is a bit of a problem in that there is no longer a sticky which I can post in and since I have my own thread I don't duplicate into a second thread so unless you watch that thread also you may miss news like that.