NKS User Library

Comments

• Christos Adamos
    Christos Adamos Member Posts: 132 Pro

Thanks s_aizawa for previews and CubaseThomas for finding out these woderful free presets

• Thumper
    Thumper Member Posts: 4 Member

Hi all, sorry if I missed it elsewhere, but are there plans by anyone to make NKS Libraries for the new Windows-friendly version of GForce's OB-E 8-Voice softsynth? Thanks!

• Xavier
    Xavier Member Posts: 11 Member

Yeah it's done, hold on - this board is not very user friendly - My post is stacked for hours.

• Xavier

I give them some more time to do whatever they think they need to look or agree for for my posting regarding your request. Really annoying. I don't get a post that's waiting for approval but I assume it's like this. Every time when I press "comment, nothing happens - It just still there as a draft.

• djdarkness
    djdarkness Member Posts: 8 Member

It's so odd Xavier. I got your post in my email notifications as I'm watching this board and noticed that it wasn't actually here. Suuper odd. Thanks sooo much for doing this though!! Synth sounds fantastic!!!!!!

• CubaseThomas
    CubaseThomas Member Posts: 31 Member

Had the same with other posts earlier… strange….

• Sunborn
    Sunborn Member Posts: 2,241 Expert

Guys, the comment you are looking for, has never been actually posted so, do not wait for it, it will never come! @Xavier I suggest to simply delete the draft and re-post on a new one, because according to your own words (when I press "comment, nothing happens - It just still there as a draft) you never actually did the post!! ...or it is a bug from the system... or simply you didn't click on "post comment", but on "save draft"...

However...., i manage to copy the code from my notifications and Xavier's links are working fine ;-)

Xavier commented on NKS User Library

Hi, this is my first NKS community contribution for the:

GForce - Oberheim OB-E V2

https://youtu.be/ddo7iGwVRTI

The attached file contains the NKS files incl audio previews for the whole 852 factory presets.

Since it's all hand made for my Maschine with some automation support - unfortunately I had some limitations when it comes to internal nkfs data tagging. So far, I haven't found any sufficient tool - gulp/coffee & NIMtool didn't work for me so far on my Win10 system - I tried each for several hours with various setups.....

So there's finally no bank separations.

However, to have still an available separation, every preset contains the bank name in front for better overview. Never the less, once installed, it appears in the instruments users section as OB-E

Anyway, if someone has a working solution for me to correct and add i.e. vendor/product/bank names file internally, I would be happy to receive a solution.

Finally it's really time for NI to offer a user support tool for better file handling generating NKS files out of presets and support better tagging. I'm sure many users would appreciate it.

@Xavier dude, i did this to help, since i know how to do it (it is simple guys, just "select all" from inside your mail then copy them where ever you want, here, or even on a simple text) i hope it's ok, and of course, whenever you re-post your work i will immediately edit my post and remove all these, cheers!

• Xavier
    edited February 2022

It's so crazy, now I pressed post again and it appeared immediately but additionally on the bottom them comment remained as a draft too, for further uploading. - Crazy forum software.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Sunborn: You were right and wrong - Yes it was already there but short after I managed to post it I recognized an error in the text an wanted to correct it, then the post disappeared again and I wasn't able to reload it until now (I was blocked by the system). It's really crazy - Sorry for that. Hope it remains now and I leave it untounched befor it'll disappear again. As well this comment, I posted it afterwards but the system decided then to add it to my posting - I assume as long as a certain time is not over or another one is posting any further comment is getting attached - Not very nice for better overview - I give up. Main thing is hopefully now, that posting and especiall link is out for the packed material, hope this download source is stable and reliable enough, I just started a free membership for having some free space there.

Have fun guys. And sorry for this confusing stuff - It was really not on me.

• Sunborn

do you mean that you repost it? ...because i don't see any new post, neither your old one!

i suggest to delete the old draft, and write a knew one (you do not actually need to write all these again, just copy them from my comment, and paste them on a new comment) :-)

• Xavier
    edited February 2022

just deleted content to keep confusions as low as possible

• Xavier
    edited February 2022

Forget the whole stuff I wrote - That what I saw was your copy of my first post, not my re-post.

Sorry I'm really getting confused here. Maybe I try aggain to upload but anyway your copy contains the post and the link - so finally it's fine although my first post contains still some text issues to correct - I recognized my keyboard or even the software don't take over every typing I do.

• Sunborn

@Xavier ....still, it's your post and the right thing is to be under your name, not mine... you should try again tomorrow!