NKS Development Discussion

Comments

• Xavier
    Xavier Member Posts: 7 Member
    edited February 2022

Hi Matt thanks for response.

First I recognized that my (tablet) screen said it's going to be checked before rolled out - But this info didn't appear on my desktop monitor - where I wrote the comment and initialized first - just on my tablet where I tried later on to upload the draft again. So for me, always when I pressed the upload button on the desktop browser (post comment), nothing happened, it just remained there for posting.

Caused probably due to some blocking apps I have installed but I didn't get any info that they block the content nor from your system (i.e. via email) that the content is blocked and/or waiting for release.

Finally sure - I pressed the button then a couple of times to figure out the reason and then got additionally blocked in the background by your system

Then after a while suddenly via the tablet, the upload seems to proceed, but then I recognized some errors in the letters I wanted to edit again. When I started saving, the content was again in the queue and didn't re-upload again. That was probably the time when other users received the info that's a new content there but since I couldn't re-upload again it wasn't.

And then at the end of the day by clicking on all available possibilities, I finally killed my complete content. Happy that one user reload it because is was already "pissed off" and don't wanted to write all again.

Good to know now that there are some "secrets" in the background you should be aware when uploading especially for newbee's

Cheers, Xavier

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,130 admin

I'm gonna write a thread in the Welcome area to make this more obvious and explains how it works. Thanks for the feedback!

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,882 Expert
    edited February 2022

Hate to burst the bubble but the "Right Tagging Tool" is basically your ears, eyes and hours of time :)

I create ALL NKS presets using Komplete Kontrol, some automation tools (AutoIT) and a LOT of time. Actually saving out NKS files is often the easiest and less time consuming part. Tagging and control maps are the hard part and there aren't any magical tools for that. I have developed some helper scripts to save mouse clicks and I also use a StreamDeck to add custom tagging buttons to save using the mouse but I still click through every preset over days and days and tag these out. Even companies that develop their plugins often don't have fast ways to do it either and also have to do it by hand, which is why some simply don't.

OB-E saved me a little time because some of the presets have tagging which I was able to read out a tag file they have and convert these to NKS format and write these to the files.

Mostly I will start tho it is done by hand, OB-E took many hours especially making a usable control template. I checked your version out and without tagging or a properly constructed controller map (the auto mapped controls are often a bit of a mess) it will be very hard for blind users to utilise, this is a big reason I will inject literally hundreds of hours sometimes on some plugins, there aren't any shortcuts, it is pure manhours and I fillow the same format I have developed over the last 7 years.

I did make mention of the fact I was working on OB-E in my thread, It was even mentioned on the old forum at the time as I explained it was only available on macOS and speaking with the developer he did inform me a PC version would be available. Also, assume if I have done every plugin already for a developer I will also develop future plugins as they are requested. If in doubt just ask.

This new forum is a bit of a problem in that there is no longer a sticky which I can post in and since I have my own thread I don't duplicate into a second thread so unless you watch that thread also you may miss news like that.

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 448 Guru

Some NKS Compatible files haven't had previews- I've emailed a couple of developers about this - and one was not their fault.

I don't own Damage 2, so I wouldn't know, but you can use the Maschine method of generating previews int eh absence of actual previews.

I would also drop Heavyocity a line, as they should have supplied to NI prior to encoding, so they may be able to point you in the right direction.

• Onj
    Onj Member Posts: 58 Member

Doesn't need to be made NKS-ready. By default, *any* Massive, Massive X, FM8 or Absynth pack expose the parameters of the individual presets to Komplete Kontrol.

Just dump the presets into your documents/Native Instruments/User Content folder, rescan and you're good to go.

I got these recently, even made a quick demo using those sounds, no external effects:

https://youtu.be/83iTiZ73gos

• Christos Adamos
    Christos Adamos Member Posts: 130 Pro

You're welcome!

After some updates in Spitfire application, I noticed that it needs two times double click to load the correct mapping. Does it work the same way for you?

• Onj

Hi Christos.

Firstly, thanks for labs as always.

Secondly, yes I noticed this weird issue where I have to load the sound twice for the proper mapping to apply.

First time it seems generic, second time things are where they should be.

• Christos Adamos
  • Onj

I just checked out Astral Forms, but notice it has only one preset. The download is so big. Is that really true?

• Christos Adamos

Oops sorry! I had a problem with the application and had to repair the Astral Forms library. Now it seems to be okay. Please redownload it

• CubaseThomas
    CubaseThomas Member Posts: 29 Member

Hi Christos,

just had a very short moment to try the new files.

The old files still seems to work fine (with correct mapping), even with just loading them once.

The new Choir though did not load at all (s. screenshot)

Did not check the Astral Forms yet. I'm on a Mac with the latest Komplete Kontrol and latest LABS.