Help us improve this new community - share your ideas and feedback💡

Options

Comments

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 430 Pro
    Options

I think it would help technical questions immensely if people had the chance to check a few boxes in their profile as to which platform they are on and which products they own.

In the Maschine forum alone it would help if I could see at a glance if someone writes from the point of view of a Maschine+, because that changes a lot about what kind of an answer makes sense

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 129 Advisor
    Options

I think this place needs a place for quality tutorials. A place of learning. Like some kind of site where tutorials, tricks, manuals (!) and all the good stuff would be easily accessible. There are plenty of them already. I really like the Trutorials, for example. This has probably been asked before.

I really like the new forum. And now there has been more active touch on behalf of NI. It is good! Keep it up!

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    Options

After login hear and open the Reaktor user library there is no need to login - fine.

After login the Reaktor U/L and open the forum I've to login again. Bug or missing something?

Thanks for reading

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,593 admin
    Options

@Impermanence Sounds like a great idea! Do you mean tutorials and manuals that are already on our website and YouTube? Or tips and tricks from folks in the forum?

• Kaiwan_NI
    Options

@Paule Strange. I tried but didn't need to log in again after logging in on the Reaktor user library page. What's your browser + Are you on incognito?

• Murat Kayi
    edited February 2022
    Options

Do you mean tutorials and manuals that are already on our website and YouTube? Or tips and tricks from folks in the forum?

@Kaiwan_NI I hope I am not hijacking @Impermanence's remark, but I personally think Reaktor needs a big effort tutorial and learning platform wise from NI:

• Trutorial Seasons for Reaktor
    • a true effort in making videos and other media which enable people to grasp the power of the software
    • the basics of DSP so noobs can find an easy way in
    • An overhaul of the manuals. A significant moment for me was when the Reaktor forumites told me that a comprehensive reference of all the macros (or was it modules? Anyway...) was only part of the manuals up to version 5 and I had to rely on them to provide me with that reference. That is a sad state of the Reaktor manuals. I have read all of the manuals, btw.

If it hadn't been for the senior Reaktor forum hotshots I would have never gotten where I am in Reaktor, now (and compared to them it's next to nowhere - still I managed to bring very interesting projects to life that I would not have dared to come up with before Reaktor). You're lucky they are there for us noobs, but really, it should be NI themselves doing the heavy lifting.

• Paule
    edited February 2022
    Options

Firefox 97.0 - how can I switch to incognito? Or do you mean VPN? - No VPN from my side.

I Just test it again via a second tab.

This link went to the old forum only. So I've to open an additional tab and choice the link to the new forum.

Where I'm wrong? Again have to login.

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 129 Advisor
    Options

Yes, I mean manuals and tutorials from website and Youtube. But why not combine them with user input?

New material is also needed, but huge part is already covered.

This is a low hanging fruit.

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    Options

Creating a learning hub somehow linked to the community is something we (and the executives) are quite interested in.

We might see such initiatives popping up further down the line 🤞

• Paule
    Options

Nothing's changed: the jump from Reaktor U/L to Community Forum needs again a second login.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Options

@Paule Just got what you meant with a having to log in again. I thought you got logged out from our current forum. That Reaktor Forum link is not correct. It should link here, not the old forum. Thanks for the heads up. Will ask the website team to change the URL.

• Murat Kayi
    Options

QUestion about search function:

Is search initially always global?

• Kaiwan_NI
    Options

@Murat Kayi Yes. And in the future it'll scan articles on NI's help center as well.

Do you think it works as it should? It works better imo compared to the old forum. I never found anything I wanted there.

• Paule
    Options

@Kaiwan_NI

I thought you got logged out from our current forum.

If I'm logged in this forum and open a tap to Reaktor user library all is fine. I'm logged in the U/L also.

What I'm missing is the reverse of the upper steps. First login Reaktor U/L then open this forum (missing the log in). So this forum needs an addiotional log in while Reaktor U/L is active.

• NeonBlackCat
    NeonBlackCat Member Posts: 40 Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

With the ideas of reviving the User Library and things, it would be awesome to have one big NI-Hub for resources/tutorials/blog etc.

Right now it’s all in clusters, decentralised. A little bit here, a little bit there….

Some good idea would be to have something like the 3D program MODO does with their Hub, or even Adobe. NI has so many diverse products, that this would be something very beneficial to connect all the dots.

This discussion has been closed.