[NKS] Freelance Soundlabs 3rd Party NKS Libraries for Komplete Kontrol / Maschine

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,882 Expert

Update: GForce Imposcar3 NKS Library

Update available for this one that fixes a number of silent preview sounds, a couple of preset files that had incorrect filenames and changes the background colour for the MK2 display to a slightly darker shade to assist with reading the white text on a light background issue.

Update can be downloaded in your user area here (v3.0.1):

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php/component/k2/item/336

Just delete/replace the existing NKS preset files to update these

To address the updated background colour, just copy the dist_database folder and for PC users choose to replace existing files within, for MAC USERS choose to merge the folder then update the existing files (DO NOT REPLACE THE dist_database folder)

If you prefer to play it safe and only update the actual file needed, open the dist_database\gforce\imposcar3 folder and copy/replace the color.json file to the dist_database location on your PC:

Windows: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\NI Resources
    MAC: /Users/Shared/NI Resources

• JesterMgee

Update: Steinberg NKS Library MK3 Keyboard Image Updates

All Steinberg libraries have been updated to now include artwork files for the MK3 keyboard as well as artwork that was missing for the Flux, Tales and Verve instruments for Halion 7

You can choose to update the database files by downloading the updated libraries from your user area here (Note the versioning for the libraries has not changed as it is one file updated):

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php/component/k2/item/452

Or you can download the image update only from the following GDrive location:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bcWA8K_imwpxgBy64AabV1Krr66atVof&usp=drive_fs

To download \ update images:

If you downloaded the whole IMAGE folder you can just copy it and merge with the existing image folder at:
    Windows: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\NI Resources
    MAC: /Users/Shared/NI Resources

You will see an image folder in this location and if you are a mac user, note it asks if you want to merge or replace the folder, always choose MERGE.

The images will then be placed in the correct locations within the image folder as the structure of the folders and files is already correct. No issue if there are images for plugins you don’t have, they will simply not do anything.

You can of course manually copy the folders within the image folder for just the plugins you need, just be sure to keep them in the same order as they are listed, copy from the image folder from google drive and into the image folder on your computer.

These are only the image files for the MK3 keyboard, it does not affect the MK2 keyboard.

• JesterMgee
    edited August 2

Now Available: Korg Collection 5

This NKS Library is an updated version of the Korg Collection 3\4 bundle. This bundle contains all factory presets and additional Korg expansion banks for all Korg Collection 5 instruments to browse using the Komplete Kontrol or Maschine software. This totals over 11,000 preset files and includes presets for the following instruments and effects: 

• ARP 2600
    • ARP Odyssey
    • Electribe-R
    • EP-1
    • Kaoss Pad (Effect)
    • M1
    • microKorg + microKorg Effect
    • miniKorg
    • MonoPoly
    • MS-20
    • Polysix
    • Prophecy
    • Triton
    • Triton Extreme
    • VOX Super Continental
    • Wavestation
    • LegacyCell (currently only VST2 supported)

All presets have been fully tagged with detailed tagging and include banks for all the factory expansions and "cards".All presets have sound previews along with artwork and database files for the NKS browser (including the latest MK3 keyboard). Each instrument also includes a detailed and custom designed/labelled controller map which offers deep control for the ability to load up and record almost any available parameter. This library supports VST3!

Upgrade paths are available for users with the previous Korg Collection 3 and 4 libraries. Simply login to see your cost. If you have single instruments and wish to crossgrade to the collection 5 bundle contact me via the contact link on the site.

The following new instruments from the Korg Collection 5 bundle can be found here:

All presets for these instruments have been fully tagged and include detailed per-preset control maps.

These new instruments all incorporate a modular plugin feature which sadly has every parameter in every effect a separate parameter instead of the expected macro style of parameter. This means it is typically impossible to map even the FX On/Off controls however I was able to come up with a way to map and label the specific controls of the effects loaded for each preset to offer control over the effects. Please be aware tho, if you swap out any of the effects for a different one you will need to re-learn the on/off parameter and the effects control parameters.

All other parameters have been mapped for instant control.

• Home Studio
    Home Studio Member Posts: 71 Member
    edited August 2

That's great….. ARP 2600

• JesterMgee

Update Available: CableGuys Curve 2 VST3 NKS Library

Update is now available for CableGuys Curve 2 that adds VST3 support. This is a new library that replaces the existing VST2 compatible library and comes with some updated artwork files (with MK3 compatible artwork assets) and new database files to cover some changes to the plugin name from the previous library. For users updating from the previous VST2 library version you first need to make sure you have Curve 2 v2.6.3 which now offers the VST3 plugin. The previous NKS files need to be deleted and replaced with the latest library and the image/database files need to also be copied for the newest changes (no need to delete the old ones if you don't want).

• JesterMgee
    edited August 31

Now Available: Halion 7 X-Stream NKS Library

Library available for the X-Stream expansion for Halion.

This library offers control pages for layer 1 and layer 2 for each patch. Please note if a patch only has 1 layer then the layer 2 controls will not apply. I will be looking at a way to delete the L2 pages from presets that do not need them but for now it offers the control for these layers. There are only a couple of presets that have 3 layers of sound but the 3rd layer is not accounted for in these templates.

Works only with Halion 7, currently does not support Halion Sonic but if there is interest I can look at generating a library for Halion Sonic

• Home Studio

no "add yo card" for me (chache deleted again…)

• James Steele
    James Steele Member Posts: 54 Member

Ahhh… thanks for the the X-Stream library. I have X-Stream so "instabuy!" Less than $5 US. What's not to love about that! Thanks!

• James Steele
    James Steele Member Posts: 54 Member

On question, Jason. I installed the X-Stream library on my Mac and for some reason, the folder that the X-Stream presets folder is supposed to go inside is called "Halion 7 Instruments." This seems to break from the previous convention of going inside a folder called "Halion 7" which already existed and contained all my other Halion instrument presets. To this point I had never had a "Hallion 7 Instruments" folder. It worked fine, but just for consistency's sake, I moved the "X-Stream" presets folder into the "Halion 7" folder with all my other Halion instruments and it works fine there, as well, so I think I'm going to stick with that. Minor thing… and again, thanks for this library! Very useful considering X-Stream has so many unusual sounds in it!

• JesterMgee

Should be fixed

This is due to it being a separate instrument from the main Halion 7 content or the Absolute 6 content. Doesn't really matter how the folders are ordered but the way I decided to sort them was simply so I could determine which instruments belong to the factory, absolute and "extra" content just to make it easier to discern what belongs to what. Flux, Trip and Verve will also by default be in this folder. Usually there's a reason for how it's ordered, not always, sometimes it's a mistake on my part but in this case it is deliberate.

• Home Studio
    edited August 13

Well still not have "add to card" or "download" for this one….

• JesterMgee

please email admin@freelancesoundlabs.com with screenshot and web browser. Several others have it already so strange you have an issue.

• Home Studio

Done I've download it successfully with another computer…. thank you….

• JesterMgee

New NKS Libraries for Omnisphere 3rd Party Expansions

Have just added 19 new libraries for Luftrum, PlugHugger and VPS.

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php/downloads/komplete-kontrol-vst-packs/item/208-omnisphere-2-3rd-party-nks-librarys

Find the latest libraries marked as New in each of the vendor pages

• JesterMgee

Update: Steinberg Absolute 6 Library
    Halion Symphonic Orchestra Fix

An update is available for the HSO library in the Absolute 6 collection.

This update fixes an issue where many of the parameters for some presets were not correctly mapped to the NKS template controls. This should now fix all parameters and also fixes some silent or short preview samples.

Download the Absolute 6 library from your download page here and simply copy the Halion Symphonic Orchestra NKS Preset files and replace the existing ones

https://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.php/component/k2/item/452

Also, due to requests the HSO library is now available as a separate option on the Halion 7 Library Page so now it is available to people that do not have the full Absolute 6 collection.