[NKS] Freelance Soundlabs 3rd Party NKS Libraries for Komplete Kontrol / Maschine

1343536373840»

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,882 Expert

Lots of possible reasons, none of these are it. Even if I did change the password, would not stop the admin page from loading, same with PHP, would break other things and everything runs fine other than the admin page. PHP is 7.3 which is the last version I can run on this site. Trust me when I say any guesses anyone has, i've already looked so I am past the guessing stage and simply need someone experienced in the area to assist.

It's an ever increasing challenge. I never intended to be doing NKS this long as it is and it's only been due to the support of everyone that I have been able to make it this far but it is no secret my view of KK has shifted since the release of the MK3 and V3 and i've personally moved away from using it as much, ripping it out of all my old projects as I updated them to VST3 since V2 of KK had that long standing issue where half the plugins don't show a GUI with the VST3 version of plugins, an issue I was irate that they never bothered to address in the 2 years we were reporting it.

The site is running, tho I cant get into the back end still and likely will never fix that issue so I am working on a new site. I did start on that last year as I knew i'd need to move at some stage but I ended up instead needing to take on extra part time work as the freelance work I had been doing came to a sudden end and of course NKS library demand has dropped from my statistics by about 30% in the last year which is a concern given the MK3 released at that time, i've seen a lot of people walk away.

Anyway, i'm still plugging on but without being able to do my mailouts about new libraries and things like the Roland update I spent a month working on, it's not going to reach people and a new site is months away, likely not until next year

• chpiatt
    chpiatt Member Posts: 86 Helper

I think you could probably release 10 new sites before they fix the banks issue…

• overlord25
    overlord25 Member Posts: 20 Member

Thank goodness Jason, really pleased to hear this :)

• JesterMgee

Sadly I think you are right, does make me honestly wonder how time is spent, I mean I have been able to fix a pretty major issue, design and start building a new site and work 2 additional part time jobs. Granted I only sleep probably 6 hours max but still, there are hours in a day and how we can't see simple things addressed in the last YEAR of time is baffling and overly disappointing.

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,772 mod

I strongly suggest you to move to Wordpress.

It is probably the best platform, highly customized, with frequent updates and it is really easy to work with it. Plus that, most of your needs (if not all) can be fulfilled with free extensions.

• Neale Hanvey
    Neale Hanvey Member Posts: 5 Member

Good news for you (and us), but I still can’t grasp why NI don’t engage with you more helpfully. You’re doing stuff that makes their products worthwhile, they should be bending over backwards to support, promote and reward your excellent work. My thanks as ever

• JesterMgee

Already designing a site in WP. For what I need there are a few plugins I have to purchase so nothing is ever free. Main thing is if it makes things work better and offers proper accessibility usage that is a key importance for me since my old site had components that the devs never added accessibility info and it was not usable for many blind users, something I have wanted to change for a while, just time is the hurdle constantly but it's progressing.

• jggorman
    jggorman Member Posts: 165 Advisor

Terrific. You know you can always post here and is long as you provide a way to buy, I will keep buying your stuff.