Traktor Pro 4 is here!

Comments

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 477 Guru
    edited July 18

I think you missed the F1. It works great with Stems. There is no new entry when you generate a Stem, they're linked to the original track in your Library.

• dariodelima
    dariodelima Member Posts: 69 Advisor
    edited July 18

The interface change is ok, however the effects panel looks very clunky and blocky, its kind of blurry compared to Traktor 3, i think the orange value bars are way to thick and distract from the name of the effects unit, making it appear very blurry.

Also most of the icons i think follow the same pattern they just look to clunky and out of focus.

Besides that i do not really mind the new colour scheme. Hopefully they address the effects panel look in a future update and revert it or make it way less chunky.

• Mart'yan
    Mart'yan Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Will buying S4MK3 come with the full version of Traktor4?

• maniacintosh81
    maniacintosh81 Member Posts: 518 Guru

According to product pages: S4 Mk3 and Z1 still come with TP3, S2 Mk3, S3 and X1 Mk3 with TP4 already. Would be awkward this way but who knows…

• Mart'yan

Yes, i see! But it's so strange to keep the flagship device without last version of soft…

• MiFa1969
    MiFa1969 Member Posts: 36 Advisor

I am very divided. On the one hand, it's great that there's a new version. It's also great that new functions have been included.
    Whether it's enough for a new version number, I don't know...
    Some older bugs that were already in version 3 have also been fixed. And the users who don't want to update also have a right to bug-free software.
    But the biggest problem is that all those who have dutifully paid their subscription have no advantage.
    I am not one of them. I would also have no problem paying for the update. But I'm just disappointed with NI. The support and communication has simply been inadequate in recent years.
    I don't think that's going to get any better.
    But NI doesn't care what I think anyway.
    So have fun with the new version.
    I probably won't do the update and will continue with DJay Pro.
    best regards Michael

• maniacintosh81
    maniacintosh81 Member Posts: 518 Guru

I expect they just missed changing product pages of S4 Mk3 and Z1. But I am also waiting for an official announcement about that.

• Mart'yan

Can you tell why the Tr4 is not appear in my native access? I have latest version of NA

• monojak
    monojak Member Posts: 1 Member

I think it’s a pretty solid update. Brought an x1 mk3 on Friday and the update to Traktor 4 was ready to be downloaded yesterday in Native Access.

I do think anyone who subscribed to Plus should get 4 for free since they binned it. Personally thought £5 a month for a pattern player and sound booster was a rip off.

I’m sure the new 4 does look lower res than 3 though? Can clearly see the pixels on my M1 Air.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,527 Expert

those who have dutifully paid their subscription have no advantage

What makes you think paying a monthly fee entitles you to something? You're renting it, not buying it in installments.

Those subscribers CHOSE to do so. Nobody forced them to subscribe or to continue paying.

You don't get a discount on buying a car (for example) because you rented one for a week. 😁

• MiFa1969
    MiFa1969 Member Posts: 36 Advisor

In principle, you're right. But some functions were promised that came with the subscription. And they just didn't come. They are now included in the new version.
    If you rent a car and it has automatic transmission, you want to use it if you pay for it.
    Or would you agree if you were told that it's only in the next model, but you have to buy a new one?
    find the mistake 😬

• Johannes Drakenberg
    Johannes Drakenberg Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 18

Djay pro can do it, you set the eq knobs to either eq or stem isolation, and i consider that a "toy-alternative" to traktor. The analysis in djay pro is waaaay faster too. Shame it's not as versatile when it comes to midi mapping, for me, that's everything.

I can map a command for stem-generation, which can then be looped, but i would want to treat it as normal, where i can tick the "performance-mode" on analysis, select all new tracks before a set, and then go.

Time is not an issue if done overnight, but when prepping for the gig on the road, this becomes tedious.

Serato does this the same way as traktor, but their files are about the same size as the mp3 to start with, traktors stem-files lands at about 3 times the size, with a large library, that escalades fast!

• Felwinter
    Felwinter Member Posts: 3 Member

Disappointing. Flexible beatgrids and stems were already on a 2022 roadmap for Traktor 3. Now it looks that they are paywalled plus still no retina resolution. I don't have the energy to invest in Traktor anymore knowing that roadmaps are just dreams.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,527 Expert
    edited July 18

some functions were promised

Yes the new functions were added to the Plus subscription as promised, and it was stated that they would eventually be added to the release (non-sub) version - which they have been.

OK there wasn't a regular stream of new features added every week/month as some people seemed to expect, but then if you're not getting what you expected, stop paying the sub. Simples.

That's what I did. When the Plus thing was announced I jumped on board. When they added the maximizer and pattern player I was underwhelmed and cancelled.

This discussion has been closed.