Traktor Pro 4 is here!

Comments

• oghersi
    oghersi Member Posts: 14 Member

This option is not available for me as a a Pro Plus subscriber. NA does not show an upgrade option and the NI Web tells me I need to pay for the upgrade. So this adds insult to injury. This means not all Pro Plus subscribers have received the same treatment.

• oghersi
    oghersi Member Posts: 14 Member

You've made my point. They promised features to the Pro Plus subscribers that we never saw. So yes, that is deception. That is why I feel ripped off.

• WandaPanda
    WandaPanda Member Posts: 6 Member

Put your tracks into a playlist or collection. There you have the option "Generate Stems" available.

• innerdrum
    innerdrum Member Posts: 64 Member

Please, a bigger discount for customers that trusted your software and/or hardware

• laszlozoltan
    laszlozoltan Member Posts: 3 Member
  • dos.groovy
    dos.groovy Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 17
    There is a fundamental misunderstanding between what DJs want from flexible beatgrids and what Native Instruments believes DJs need these flexible beatgrids for.

• Eufeion
    Eufeion Member Posts: 3 Member

Does Traktor Pro 4 support the legacy Traktor Kontrol S2 MK1 ?

• djrickym
    djrickym Member Posts: 3 Member

Just tested the Stems separation with two tracks, the original radio version of Anna of the North's "Dandelion", and (intentionally) a House remix of Adele's "Rolling In The Deep", both from a widely-known record pool.

I only used the software. Will test tomorrow using my D2s. My mixer is the lovely-sounding, analog Allen & Heath Xone PX5, hooked to Rockit studio monitors and high-end Pioneer cans. (I didn't use its internal digital FX. Will try that later, and also using QSC speakers). I use a MacBook Pro M1 16" from late 2021, and Sonoma 14.5.

I have experience using stem separation from both DJ app and a DAW but won't get into comparisons yet.

Initial observations:

(1) "Dandelion" — wanted to see if I could layer the vocals over an instrumental House track, simulating the start of a set. The quality of her vocals was quite impressive. I first played only the vocals, then brought the House track in.

(2) "Rolling In The Deep" — I intentionally used a "bootleg" House remix from a record pool. Adele's voice came through very nicely, but not as sharp or crisp as Anna's. I suspect bc sometimes these "bootleg" remixes use a DIY vocal stem and not a studio-quality one. This is a phenomenon I've seen especially since the pandemic.

Question for NI: I noticed the two stem files Traktor created use the .mp3 file extension, not .mp4. Why is that? Doesn't make sense.

Note: Be aware that if you delete the parent track from your collection Traktor will also delete the new stem file.

Like I said, I also plan to do tests using AIFF files (from Traxsource and Beatport), plus also WAV files from different House CDs from the late 90s and 2000s.

In conclusion, THANKS to NI's development team!!!

This is a **massive** upgrade, totally worth the cost, even before I test the flexible beatgrids.

Kudos also for ending the subscription scheme!

Peace

• Nico_Tf
    Nico_Tf Member Posts: 35 Helper

Tested the new beatgrids, using my old nemesis, the 12“ version of The Whispers-And The Beat Goes On. The drumming of the intro is all over the place, there are several tempo changes, etc.

Well, I’m mightily impressed, this is so useful! Thanks to the team!

• CennyHuksy
    CennyHuksy Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi there, something you guys really need to implement now that you have STEMS and machine learning in Traktor Pro 4, is Settings > Controller Manager > Add In (Something for controlling the generated STEM levels on decks… like being able to kill the drums on a track with a nob)

• carlosjn
    carlosjn Member Posts: 5 Member

Congratulations for this update. I'm frustrated about stems separation as it takes space on the HD and can't be done in batches but one track at a time. Not very useful.

• 808FX
    808FX Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Just ran the TP4 demo and there is still no Retina (high DPI) support on MacBooks - 12 YEARS after they first appeared! Don't know how the backlog is prioritized at NI, but this is pretty sad. No need to upgrade on my side, TP3 is stable and looks just as blurry as TP4. I would have gladly given you my money, but that would make you think it's OK to neglect optics on Mac's. Wake me when you've caught up with the rest of the software developing world…

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 477 Guru

I'm with you about the new UI, it just follows the trend to make everything darker, like the competition also does and besides the lack of retina support I'm still missing a daylight option.

But to be fair: I think the beta testers are not included in design -aspects or -decisions in this regard. Normally they have only patches with new features and can go through it and leave their feedback about it.

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 477 Guru

No, not much has changed in terms of hardware integration. The only new additions are support for the Reloop Flux and the DJM-A9.

Besides of that, i wouldn't recommend the Reloop Elite to anyone who only wants to DJ with Traktor. I have one because i thought i could map it myself to use it with Traktor. But i had to come to the conclusion that it wasn't worth it. Too many buttons are hard-wired and don't send midi, just HID, which makes it extremely difficult.

I then wrote to Reloop directly and asked for support, but don't received some of it. Just the recommendation that i should use it with Serato instead of Traktor.

I now only use it for sessions with djay Pro or Serato. That is where its strengths lie and best suits its application profile.

This discussion has been closed.