Reaktor 6.5.0: Beta phase has started

Options

Comments

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,295 Expert
    Options

Can I ask if this new update will mean something for Maschine+ users?

• heinrichz
    heinrichz Member Posts: 24 Member
    Options

It was supposed to be released in the first quarter of 23 according to the NI website and that quarter is just about over now, in't it?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,755 mod
    edited April 2023
    Options

Only just - it's a little delayed as a lot of work was involved as Georg_NI explained including some problems that needed to be resolved - better to get a good release than stick to rigid deadlines

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

@heinrichz

IT projects are almost always delayed....

• heinrichz
    Options

Understood and all good. I'm only a bit anxious because I'm having a lot of crashes using using NI Komplete under Rosetta, both in Maschine and Live 11 when I did not have any issues with my i9 before.

• iNate
    iNate Member Posts: 169 Advisor
    Options

Emulation has those risks. Most of a Komplete is M1 Native and AU DAWs can run natively and host only Reaktor under Rosetta 2. That is the best way to go, if you depend on Reaktor 6/Reaktor Ensembles. Use the AU instead of the VST.

• heinrichz
    Options

Yes that emulation seems to be a bit problematic and I've been using the AU. I can imagine making Reaktor M1 native being a big job due to its legacy. Is everything going to be converted or just the newer stuff? Thanks!

• Kymeia
    Options

It's just Reaktor itself that needs to be converted. It should be loading everything it could before - barring any bugs of course.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 361 Pro
    Options

Sorry for being thick, but, you are talking about the final release, right?

• Kymeia
    Options

Yes should be unless any showstopper bugs emerge.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 361 Pro
    Options

Nice, looking forward to it. Thanks. :)

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 829 Guru
    Options

Yes. That's likely why it's taken so long, because Reaktor Core is a compiler, and that needed to be re-written to generate code for ARM based cpu. MUCH more work than just converting some standard plugin that just needs to process some audio and display some GUI.

When it's done, all the old ensembles, instruments and racks should 'just work'!

• Kubrak
    edited April 2023
    Options

I can imagine making Reaktor M1 native being a big job due to its legacy.

Old code may be only part of problem. Or even no problem. The main problem is, that big part of Reaktor has to be written from scratch and very well tested if it works well (not only if it creates correct code). Reaktor is also compiler, so that part of Reaktor had to be created to produce also maschine code for M1/M2. That was pretty hard task, I guess. NI had to invest fortune to do it.

But it means, Reaktor has future in plans of NI. They would not invest to conversion, if there were not plans to maintain Reaktor for many, many years on...

• heinrichz
    Options

I think they realized back in the day that this transition was going to be expensive and it also might have played a role for teaming up with someone who has deep pocket.

I'm happy to hear that they're committed to bringing Reaktor into the future and looking forward to using it also live with the way more powerful Apple silicon. I9s were just running way too hot for that!

• Kubrak
    Options

You must use AMD, not Intel, if you do not want to spend fortune on electricity....

This discussion has been closed.