Reaktor 6.5.0: Beta phase has started

Options

Comments

• Calagan
    Calagan Member Posts: 157 Advisor
    Options

Good news.

But I hope NI direction will consider some little features/GUI updates after the biggest work is done...

• MLARS
    MLARS Member Posts: 30 Helper
    Options

Any news on ETA for Reaktor 6.5 with M1/M2 support it should arrive this week, right? April cannot count as "Early 2023".

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,755 mod
    edited March 2023
    Options

Read Georg's post above

• coworking
    coworking Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

It sounds like you have experienced some disappointing visual issues with Kontakt and Reaktor after upgrading your computer. While it's understandable that you would expect a high-quality display on a new device, it's also important to consider the other priorities that Native Instruments may have in terms of updates and optimizations.

It's possible that a native Apple Silicon update and code optimization could be more important for improving the stability and performance of Reaktor, rather than a UI resolution update. Additionally, an ergonomic reface could address some of the more pressing usability issues that you have encountered.

Ultimately, it's up to Native Instruments to decide what updates and optimizations to prioritize, and they may have different considerations and constraints than individual users. However, it's always valuable for users to provide feedback and suggestions, as it can inform the development process and help to prioritize updates that will have the most impact.

• flowlevel1
    flowlevel1 Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options

I am excited for this update. Can t wait :)

• Ed M
    Ed M Member Posts: 148 Advisor
    Options

I was wondering as well? Getting impatient here. However, take your time, it's better to release a stable version that took a little longer to build than a quick release rattled with bugs.

• Georg_NI
    Georg_NI Product Team Posts: 20 mod
    Options

Another update on the release schedule: as announced, we have opened another round of beta testing, which will be short this time, and the release is targeted for early/mid April.

Please be patient with us, but we want to avoid a release where we have to add a bunch of hotfixes until it is stable, or even worse, where users suffer sound or data loss due to e.g. a faulty host project callback.

• Calagan
    Calagan Member Posts: 157 Advisor
    Options

Good news ! Take your time now. After more than 2 years, we can wait some days more in order to be absolutely sure the update is perfect (I hope so).

• Jorgen Kirksaether
    Jorgen Kirksaether Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Fabulous news. I both use and create for Reaktor, so I will definitely sign up for the beta team.

j,

• heinrichz
    heinrichz Member Posts: 24 Member
    Options

How can I get on the beta for Reaktor?

• Kymeia
    Options

It’s nearly done anyway

• heinrichz
    heinrichz Member Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Cool, so it's going to be released soon?

• Kymeia
    Options

So we are told

• torto
    torto Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

One question: will automation recorded in a host DAW be kept after moving out of beta? Crashing is not too bad, I just don't want to rewrite everything like in moving from VST or AU to VST3...

This discussion has been closed.