Reaktor 6.5.0: Beta phase has started

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Calagan
    Calagan Member Posts: 157 Advisor
    Options

I don't know what happened with Apple stuff recently, but I noticed that many plugins updates from some big companies were not correctly replacing the old VST/AU files. I had the issue with NI, and the strange thing is I had the issue also on my old mid-2012 macbook pro running Catalina.

Maybe it was alway like that and I never noticed because the updates were never critical, I don't know.

Try to remove the old VST/AU files of Reaktor (and any other plugin by NI by the way) and install again from native Accesss. Tell me if it works...

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    Options

NI usually made AUs later, I think.

• nanotable
    nanotable Member Posts: 93 Advisor
    Options

It’s a great update, thanks NI. Finally all my plugins are M1 native now.

And just a minor issue: I had to reinstall Reaktor and Maschine, as I’ve had the betas installed and NA didn’t see the updates for some reason. Didn’t have the same problem with KK, though.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,755 mod
    Options

It's just a version numbers thing - you often have to do that if you have the last RC of the beta - often it's the same as the release or NA see's the version it has as the same or lower the the one it has

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,790 Expert
    edited April 2023
    Options

Does it show only Mac users? No update on my Win comp, so far. (EDIT: It came few hours later and installed OK on Win10.)

Anyway, I am happy that SA odysey is over. I bet Reaktor was a rather hard nut.

And developers may focus on works for all NI users, now.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 361 Pro
    Options

"Does it show only Mac users?"

No, I got the update yesterday. Windows 11.

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited April 2023
    Options

Does it show only Mac users?

On win10pro the update runs fine. NA version 3.3.0

• iNate
    iNate Member Posts: 169 Advisor
    edited April 2023
    Options

This happens on Windows, as well, sometimes.

I did a couple of Reinstalls of Reaktor 6 and it eventually fixed itself.

But now Final Cut Pro cannot start with any NI plug-ins installed. The validator crashes and it freezes before the app opens.

I think I"m going to uninstall everything music related from the MBP and use it only for video editing. I've barely used it since I've gotten it (maybe 1 hour of total use in the past 8 weeks) due to issues with this software. It's basically a $2,300+ trophy unless I make some hard decisions.

I'm probably going to start by just removing all of the Native Instruments software, and if that works I can wait for Reason 12 to update M1 Native and that should replace a lot of what I would use from Komplete on this machine.

Ugh. Exasperated with issues.

• just_jump
    just_jump Member Posts: 76 Helper
    Options

I haven’t had any FCP issues until the latest Ventura update - 13.3.1 I think it is. There’s another thread about it, but the workaround to AU validation being stuck is just move all the AU plugins out of /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components before loading FCP. It’s Annoying but until more people report the bug to Apple not much we can do it seems - not explicitly an NI plug-in issue but other vendors too. Logic, Ableton, and Maschine have no issues.

• meekeesheed
    meekeesheed Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

happy to see the update is here! just did the install. was hoping long loading times of logicx projects, introduced for me with change to a M1 chip machine, would be gone. but still experience laggy loading, especially with multiple intances of Reaktor.

initial loading Reaktor in an instrument channel is no problem at all. but reopening projects results in long waiting...

anyone having the same issue or even a fix?

• iNate
    iNate Member Posts: 169 Advisor
    Options

I'm going back to my Windows Laptop. I don't really care enough about the MBP to sit on it and subject myself to this kind of technological abuse, Lol. I just couldn't care less, at this point.

I've already reinstalled everything on my ASUS Laptop and pretty much moved back over. Windows has been 100% problem free for me for over a decade. I'm not going to rock that boat.

The MBP will make a fantastic netbook, though!

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 609 Guru
    edited April 2023
    Options

IME you never want to be running the latest version of MacOS. Like, never ever. Always stay on the oldest OS possible and only update MacOS when it is absolutely necessary for new applications to function. Been happily using all sorts of macs for 20+ years with this advice and I swear by it. My M1 mac is on Monterey and I aint updating it further.

Anyhoo, big ups NI! Porting Reaktor to M1 must have been a PITA of epic proportions. Here's hoping you squashed most of the "new" bugs already hehehe!

• heinrichz
    heinrichz Member Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Indeed, stay on the oldest Mac OS version possible. I have not updated my M1 Mac to Ventura yet from Monterey and I'm keeping my 2013 Intel Mac on High Sierra.

• heinrichz
    heinrichz Member Posts: 24 Member
    Options

No idea what your PC folks are lamenting about. My M1 16 MBP works like a charm and never gets hot like my previous Intel laptops. Couldn't be happier and now that Reaktor 6.5 has arrived it's super fast and cpu efficient. I doubt any PC laptop can match that without a lot of fan noise;) It was a wait and tricky transition software wise but I expect to have peace from any drastic Apple hardware changes for a long time now that Apple uses it's own silicon. No pain no gain. I remember the transition from ppc to intel back in the day which was very necessary and I don't expect Apple to drop the ball again and falling behind with their cpus.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,023 mod
    Options

Migration from VST2 to VST3 should retain any automation created, yes.

This discussion has been closed.