Maschine SW Improvements - A sub-forum for Maschine SW requests / bugs
Prompted by the lively discussion on the 'Coming up next for MASCHINE and MASCHINE+' thread, I am wondering if a proper discussion/exchange could be initiated between NI and Maschine users, regarding what Maschine users would like to see developed for the future of Maschine software.
An idea might be a dedicated sub forum called 'Maschine Software Requests', which is strictly pre-modded so that it follows this format:
- User places feature request/bug/improvement
- The topic is then closed to all apart from the initial poster and NI tech staff
- NI staff respond: yes this is possible (with date if applicable) / no this is not possible / more info needed on request.
- Original poster can respond if more info etc is needed
This would be very beneficial for both NI in maintaining loyalty of Maschine users and, obviously, for us Maschine users
The problem with general posts on the forum is they quickly go off on a tangent. I'm thinking of something totally focused towards feature requests for Machine software.
I certainly don't want to complain about Maschine - in my opinion, it is a potentially market beating solution - but there are certainly flaws / defects / omissions in the software - which I know people have been talking about for many, many years.
I totally appreciate that NI are bombarded with requests all day long - hence my desire for some kind of formalised exchange.
It would be great if NI and it's users could work together to make Maschine into the best device on the market.
For me, personally, these are vital things I would like to see:
- General CPU optimisation geared towards the Live musician - specifically so we can load many groups at the same time. This would probably entail being able to easily disable non active fx/channels (like Reaper is able to) on a group level to conserve CPU. Integration of VST3 (which is on the roadmap) will help this situation - but a solution like Reaper's - https://reaperblog.net/2016/03/quick-tip-mute-tracks-to-save-cpu/ - would be a big help
- Soloing a pad - being able to unsolo and the previous mute configuration is saved - ie all pads just don't enable themselves after solo is turned off. Such a simple thing, I would have thought
- Improvements to piano roll - a great thing would to be able to click the midi event and it plays, etc
- Midi modulation curves without using the auto hotkey hack
- 'Super Macro' knobs - ability to combine more than one function per a knob
- Ability to split screens on hardware - ie Macros on 1 screen, Mixer on another
But I am sure there are many other important things - my needs are not important - the important thing is that some kind of formalised dialogue can be established between NI and its users.
- All Categories
- 21 Welcome
- 753 Hangout
- 73 NI News
- 356 Tech Talks
- 1.6K Native Access
- 7.2K Komplete
- 938 Komplete General
- 1.7K Komplete Kontrol
- 2.7K Kontakt
- 660 Reaktor
- 229 Battery 4
- 399 Guitar Rig & FX
- 264 Massive X & Synths
- 393 Other Software & Hardware
- 3.1K Maschine
- 23 Sampling Room
- 3.8K Traktor
- 3.5K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators