Coming up next for MASCHINE and MASCHINE+

Options

Comments

• Space Cat 303
    Space Cat 303 Member Posts: 108 Advisor
    Options

Even if it's limited to 60 mb/s, do you think that's a problem?

I have no problem with the SD card that I replaced for safety (and have a duplicate).

For example I found the MC-707 much slower during project loads than the M+, which doesn't seem slower than the MPC One

• Mutis
    Mutis Member Posts: 472 Pro
    Options

The rockchip mainboard was spotted back in the day, just google it and see what kind of usb controller it has.

Anyways, maybe anything β€œupgradeable” will require firmware (yoctoLinux) upgrade too.

• drewhjava
    drewhjava Member Posts: 32 Helper
    Options

Yea I'm not sure the speed matters that much. Maschine Plus can load projects and large keygroups much faster than my MPC Live / Force with SSD. Not sure what they're doing here but it works.

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 610 Guru
    Options

Thanks for the info! Have a good weekend.

Let's hope all goes to plan and 1.4 drops next Monday πŸ‘

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 610 Guru
    edited March 2022
    Options

These need to be made by someone who has access to Reaktor 6. Not hard to do as the filters themselves are premade Reaktor Core modules, all one needs to do is to connect the ins and outs and add knobs with appropriate parameter ranges. It's a great way to start learning Reaktor building, actually!

Unfortunately Reaktor Blocks do not work in Maschine+ as far as I know.. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken?

• djneural
    djneural Member Posts: 25 Helper
    Options

Today would be a good day to release that new firmware, wouldn't it ? πŸ˜‰

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited March 2022
    Options

I just slapped my older 960 EVO nvmd SSD on a 25$ external enclosure and those are the speeds I get but it depends on the USB-3 Gen you have. I have "USB 3.1 Gen 2" (which is fairly old) its max speed is at 1250 MB/s so it adds up, "USB 3.2 Gen 2x2" is much, much faster... way faster than any SSD.

I wouldn't say it's problem but USB3 speeds and UHS-II would have certainly put the M+ a bit ahead of the competition, especially for those with huge user libs, much faster scans, loads, etc would be possible not to mention disk streaming instead of using ram for bigger instruments would be possible with very fast load times.

Those that don't care could just use cheap SD's and those who care could get expensive ones or fast external solutions. I'm happy with my SD but I would definitively get a faster one if I knew it worked. It's just odd since the computer inside the M+ claims to have a USB-3 https://www.congatec.com/en/products/qseven/conga-qa5/

It would be nice to know exactly what tech the card reader is and max speeds so people can make informed purchases of SD's and external drives, I don't get why one would hide it.

• OhulahanBass
    OhulahanBass Member Posts: 140 Pro
    Options

Maybe @Matt_NI can share the SD & USB reading specs....

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    Options

In the announcement it mentions VST3 with NKS, surely Maschine will support any VST3 and not just those that are NKS?

That would seem like a bad decision.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,114 admin
    edited March 2022
    Options

USB 2.0 and UHS-1 as far as I know. UHS-2 cards will still work, but at a lower speed. I'll need to check for the confusion around USB-3.

• imagevoice
    imagevoice Member Posts: 24 Member
    Options
  • frawal
    frawal Member Posts: 22 Helper
    Options
  • PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,152 Guru
    edited March 2022
    Options

Matt posted above (scroll up) that it was scheduled for Monday, so hopefully it will happen.

It's pretty bad that two products in a row now have had issues. First the Lunar Echoes expansion wasn't showing as available on the Maschine+, then Playbox isn't installing properly.

Makes me wonder how it happens. Do they not test things before release? 🀷

This discussion has been closed.