Coming up next for MASCHINE and MASCHINE+

Options

Comments

• djneural
    djneural Member Posts: 25 Helper
    Options

Any chance the update comes this Friday or should we hold our breath for next week now ?

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,114 admin
    Options

I already commented above, it's definitely not coming today. We're aiming for end of the next one but check my note about this.

• imagevoice
    imagevoice Member Posts: 24 Member
    Options

so, the influencers got the buggy version? 😀

https://youtu.be/C9ZLLiiSLPA

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,114 admin
    Options

They would be using the beta which is available via Centercode and I'm guessing got the green light to create content with it.

• djneural
    djneural Member Posts: 25 Helper
    edited March 2022
    Options

I like the way multi-sample/auto-sample is implemented on Maschine software & M+ (according to loopop's preview).

Especially the fact it creates a universal .WAV folder that I can use with my Blackbox when on the go or with other software/hardware.

I hope NI will open its sound content ecosystem further with dedicated sample tagging & expansion maker app that allows creating our own expansions from tagged samples and presets, similarly to what we have on the MPC side.

It could actually be a "Maschine Player" app at the same time, that would let us use Maschine expansions into other DAWs without launching a full instance of Maschine into it, or without even owning a Maschine (the expansions store could even be built into there).

With such openness and some additional plug-ins for the M+ (like vocoder/auto-tune), it'll definitely feel much more competitive compared to the MPC, which is a rare product for which I fall short of ideas for feature requests 😀

• dj MvT
    dj MvT Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options
  • D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited March 2022
    Options

No, it's available to everyone, it requires agreeing to an NDA, and allowing that to be broken usually only happens for influencers. (That's why matt mentioned the "green-light")

It's approval-based, no idea what the criteria for selection is, but here:

https://native-instruments.centercode.com/key/maschinesoftwareonly

Ignore the HW requirement, that's an old type-o that has been there for ages.

• Olihop
    Olihop Member Posts: 153 Advisor
    edited March 2022
    Options

It works very well. Now it just lacks the real time stretching in the sampler to make it perfect 😁

With this, we could auto-sample sequences and external modulated sounds and everything would be synchronized to the maschine tempo 👌

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 209 Advisor
    edited March 2022
    Options
  • tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 610 Guru
    edited March 2022
    Options

Thanks for the link! Just applied, hope I'm worthy..

Cheers

(PS the T&Cs state a fine of 10,000€ for seriously breaking the NDA, so tread lightly hehehe)

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 610 Guru
    edited March 2022
    Options

Yeah, I don't have that kind of issues. My issues with loading kits are limited to sometimes freezing and crashing the device upon pressing LOAD, but even that happens rarely now.

I noticed many of the factory kits use a lot of redundant fx plugins on instrument and group level, so what I usually do after loading a factory kit is getting rid of the useless plugins, then recording a phrase to a pattern, followed by deleting unused sounds with SHIFT+ERASE. Recommended!

Back to the topic, I like what I'm seeing in the loopop video. Seems like the autosampler is doing its thing quite well, was particularly impressed with how the autosampler found the loop points. Seemed to work much better than MPC's autosampler in that regard. However, as a point of criticism, a silence "threshold" should indeed be incorporated to the menus, since most things one might want to sample do indeed have a noise floor.

• OhulahanBass
    OhulahanBass Member Posts: 140 Pro
    edited March 2022
    Options

Autosampler looks awesome. How long does it take for a 4 velocity layer sampled instruments, like the lopop dude made, to load from library with new firmware? Currently my sampled instruments take a long time to load.

I’m glad his video was informative, I still remember the influencer roll out of MK3 and how it was so fake not a single one of them noticed the pads weren’t triggering properly. I’d love to see the first hands on a New Maschine product be Sara the Instrumentalist or that dude who sets purple instead of people as the are genuine Maschine users.

• basehead617
    basehead617 Member Posts: 132 Advisor
    Options
  • OhulahanBass
    OhulahanBass Member Posts: 140 Pro
    edited March 2022
    Options

It got fixed a week later with a firmware update. The influencers didn’t notice because they weren’t experienced Maschine users, but once real Maschine users got ahold of MK3 the issue was front and center and got fix within 1-2weeks of release. This is all to the best of my recollection.

to be clear I’m not saying anything is wrong with up-to-date MK3s.

This discussion has been closed.