Supreme Edition MOD

Options

Comments

• Aleix Jiménez
    Aleix Jiménez Member Posts: 72 Advisor
    Options

The best way I can tell you this is by showing you the GitHub project TODOs, sorted by priority 😉

• Knth
    Knth Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

@Sûlherokhh thats a handy edit for D2! May I ask you? As I have almost no experience in moding stuff, only with trial n error on few parameters (like colors etc :D ) - Would it be possible to somehow use the "REMIX" button on regular decks as well, best case would be for pad effects when pressed remix and shift-remix for regular remix deck pads mode?

Tried lookin for some lines where to change the pad modes, but failed. Btw do you have any further edits/QOL improvements for D2?

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,752 mod
    Options

I am quite happy with the way the Remix Button functions are set up. Changing any of those would be cumbersome. The button also doubles as an extra Shift button for remix functions (source for samples). I also don't use Freeze/Slicer much so i always use it for pad effects without shift. Adjusting any of the pad functions is pretty work intensive.

On the other hand i have customized quite a lot for my personal use and was planning to upload the thirty or so qml files changed along with an overview of what i did in a seperate discussion sometime this month. I was too busy the last few weeks to write it up. There are a lot of tiny adjustments i need to write down, many of them cosmetic, but a handful of extra functions as well (like the one above). Also i want to make sure the changes will work with the S8 as well.

Of course you will need the original SupremeMod or the files wont work.

• Knth
    Knth Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Okay I would be interested in those minor adjustments, maybe Aleix could implement some to the main mod?

I am running the browser mod with colored keys and adjacement keys different way etc with layout somewhere between Traktor and CDJs from clubs.

On the other note, a draft idea: Is is possible to enable second page of "pad mode" other way than shift+click? Something like "if user holds Hotcue mode button for 0.5 sec, switch into second page of Hotcue modes". Understand its very niche use for controlling whole D2 with one hand combined with launchpad and midikeyboard on the other side.

• Aleix Jiménez
    Options

Sure I could if they are not very specific use cases and don’t require much work to implement for now, since I’m working in other and more critical stuff currently, aside from creating a more extended documentation and S2/S3/D2 quickstart guides!

Regarding pad modes, in my to-do list there is a future to-do regarding ways to optimize them… One of my thoughs was to directly use the Pads to select the different pad modes, as done in different controllers… And it would be awesome to create a custom sticker which we could place over the pad section that contains this labels… and then use the current pad selectors as modifiers or similar, or shortcuts to pad modes too…

Everything fully customizable and toggeable, of course!

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru
    Options

Hi @Aleix Jiménez i have just bought a s3 to go with my s8. My s8 works so well with your mod but the s3 has issues. The browser doesn’t open so you really see the full tree node. Even after going into the settings. You can scroll tracks, shift and scroll folders etc. but the browser doesn’t expand. View button doesn’t work at all. Pad effects sound off too. I know the s3 is probably a work in progress but it’s kinda unusable at the minute. Is there a way to take the s3 settings out and leave s8 settings as I dint wants to lose the s8 mod. Your help is much appreciated.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Options

Radio silence 😂😎😂

• Aleix Jiménez
    Options

What do you mean that PadFXs sound off? About the S3, aside from this browser + view button issue, anything else that isn’t working as expected? I’ll look at it this weekend if I find the time…

• Aleix Jiménez
    Options

Common, it had only been 4 days since your message and you’re already saying radio silence? 😂

Like I said, I’m back and try to read and reply everyone here and in Patreon!

• Sûlherokhh
    Options

Hi Aleix. Happy to say my old ThinkPad is running again. No trouble with the S4 screens anymore (apart from extremely jumpy waveform progress.

I repaired the problem with the pad modes not switching decks when using the deck buttons. My solution looks like this:

"\qml\CSI\S4MK3\S4MK3Side.qml"

// Wire { from: "%surface%.deck"; to: "deckButton" }
       // ButtonScriptAdapter {
           // name: "deckButton"
           // brightness: bright
           // color: LED.legacy(focusedDeckId)
           // onPress: {
               // if (shift && screenView.value == ScreenView.deck) screenView.value = ScreenView.fxSettings
               // else if (screenView.value == ScreenView.fxSettings) screenView.value == ScreenView.deck
               // else topDeckFocused.value = !topDeckFocused.value
           // }
       // }
       Wire { from: "%surface%.top_deck"; to: "deckButtonTop" }
       ButtonScriptAdapter {
           name: "deckButtonTop"
           brightness: bright
           color: LED.legacy(focusedDeckId)
           onPress: {
               if (shift && screenView.value == ScreenView.deck) screenView.value = ScreenView.fxSettings
               else if (screenView.value == ScreenView.fxSettings) screenView.value == ScreenView.deck
               else topDeckFocused.value = true
           }
       }
       Wire { from: "%surface%.bottom_deck"; to: "deckButtonBottom" }
       ButtonScriptAdapter {
           name: "deckButtonBottom"
           brightness: bright
           color: LED.legacy(focusedDeckId)
           onPress: {
               if (shift && screenView.value == ScreenView.deck) screenView.value = ScreenView.fxSettings
               else if (screenView.value == ScreenView.fxSettings) screenView.value == ScreenView.deck
               else topDeckFocused.value = false
           }
       }

This doesn't solve the missing LEDs, just the switching.

I've been preparing to present my SupremeModCustomEdit in another thread this weekend. It will be an Add-On to one of your recent versions (which will be needed as foundation). Hopefully i will have some (moving) pictures for documentation as well.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Options

sync was off, effects sounded off. Sync on solved it. I only tested the browser. If you can take a look that will be great.

• Sûlherokhh
    edited July 2022
    Options

I just caught a small typo that stalled out the REMIX button LED for STEM decks on the S5.

\CSI\S5\S5PadsModeButtons.qml (line 94)

// Wire { from: "%surface%.remix"; to: SetPropertyAdapter { path: activePadsMode.path; value: PadsMode.stems; color: LED.legacy(side.deckId) } enabled: hasStemProperties }
               Wire { from: "%surface%.remix"; to: SetPropertyAdapter { path: activePadsMode.path; value: PadsMode.stems; color: LED.legacy(deckId) } enabled: hasStemProperties }

Edit: and another one, that kept the bottom display from displaying properly.

\qml\Screens\Shared\Overlays\BottomControls.qml

// else if (isTraktorS5 && (state == "SLOT 1" || state == "SLOT 2" || state == "SLOT 3" || state == "SLOT 4") && deckType.value == DeckType.Stems ) {
       else if (isTraktorS5 && (state == "SLOT 1" || state == "SLOT 2" || state == "SLOT 3" || state == "SLOT 4") && deckType.value == DeckType.Stem ) {
           switch (column) {
               case 0:
                   return "VOLUME";
               case 1:
                   return "FILTER";
               case 2:
                   return "FX SEND";
           }
       }

There is still an error with the screen buttons 4 & 8 to switch the loop knob controls from filter to FX Dry/Wet. No matter the value, turning the knob always adjusts the slot filter. There is also an error in that you can go right offscreen (using screen button 8) to a value that stem decks don't have (presumably the max value isn't 2 but instead 4 like a remix deck. I'll tell you when i have fixed it.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Options

Hey @Aleix Jiménez did you manage to take a look at the s3 code? I’ll test it and report back when you push out the update.

• Sûlherokhh
    edited July 2022
    Options

You can try to change this yourself.

Open this file: "...\Native Instruments\Traktor Pro 3\Resources64\qml\CSI\Common\MK3Controllers\BrowserModule.qml"

In line 15 change this:

Wire { from: "%surface%.browse.mode"; to: "browser.full_screen" }

to this:

Wire { from: "%surface%.browse.view"; to: "browser.full_screen" }

If you do, tell us what happened.

Edit: @Aleix Jiménez : The BrowseEncoder of the Mk3 controllers is not touch sensitive, only the Move/Loop encoders are.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Options

Hi there, I have a s3 and the browser functions don’t fully work. View doesn’t do anything at all. I’ve tried editing qlm settings but doesn’t work. Also meant to open browser on touch but doesn’t work either. I’ve had to go back to original settings which is a pain as I also have a S8. I’m sure it will get fixed soon.