Komplete Kontrol full screen and resizable?

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,738 mod

I’d not be surprised if what is being done with Kontakt’s browser isn’t going to be transferable to KK and other NI products sometime in the next year or so.

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro

If you are using Windows and working on a 4K TV monitor at 4K resolution, it certainly is WAY too small along with everything else! But windows scaling works great. I work at 125% or even 150% at times and this applies globally of course.

• nabhai926
    nabhai926 Member Posts: 2 Member

Never had a problem with it. And I've been using it for years or at least since they came out with it. What are you running it on?

routerlogin

watch IPL

• Raikro Scorp
    Raikro Scorp Member Posts: 26 Helper

Dear everyone,

I invite you to take a look at the new Feature Request I have raised today.

[Feature Request] - Enable Full Screen / Maximize Window in all Standalone Applications

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/11444/feature-request-enable-full-screen-maximize-window-in-all-standalone-applications

It is related to the Full Screen mode and resizable window for Komplete Kontrol, but also includes Guitar Rig, Kontakt and Battery.

Please, take a minute to read it and show your support if you are agree with me.

This will benefit us all.

Thank you,

• B.Minor
    B.Minor Member Posts: 178 Advisor
    edited May 2023

It seems that there will be no solution available from NI in the "near future". Therefore, currently there is no other way than to fix that "KK screen solution problem" by yourself (if you're fully aware of what you're doing).

Here's the related Youtube tutorial:

The video is already a few years old, but in fact it still applies to the current design.

Don't forget to backup your original KK executable first!

• B.Minor
    B.Minor Member Posts: 178 Advisor

Today Komplete Kontrol 2.9.3 was released for download via Native Access, but still no scalable screen size options have been implemented yet.

• Stephen Howe
    Stephen Howe Member Posts: 5 Member

Almost a year on and still no change in this area. 'Near future' was not the correct term to use.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,286 Guru

There needs to be a huge breakthrough with this problem before fall 2023.

• techofsound
    techofsound Member Posts: 2 Member

In 2020 I bought the Native Instruments Komplete 13 Software Production Suite. I hardly use any of it due to the limited window size, I really regret buying it, can I get my money back, or at least some of it?

I've been using Sonic Academy's ANA 2, their gui works great! I don't even think about it while I'm using it.

• moai
    moai Member Posts: 28 Member

Please make this happen 😥

• Marleen Vos
    Marleen Vos Member Posts: 3 Member

I just upgraded to Komplete Standard 14. Komplete Kontrol could be the most useful patch manager I have yet encountered, were it not I am only seeing 3 or 4 patch names in a tiny window on my 43 inch screen. A bit ridiculous to be honest...hello NI, it's 2023!!!

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,596 Expert

It’s also a Sunday, raining and a crescent moon, if that also helps :)

• XeviaN
    XeviaN Member Posts: 3 Member

Just upgraded to Komplete 14 Collectors Edition aaaand, no resizable window. This is absurd.

• micdim
    micdim Member Posts: 2 Member

I was about to purchase Komplete 14 upgrade from 11. I'll pass until this window resize issue is fully implemented. I also have the Korg Special Bundle v2, and the Arp Odyssey is horrible in size, so guess what I don't use that either.

Looking forward to Native Instruments fixing this issue. Then I'll be back on board, if I'm still interested?

• Gob
    Gob Member Posts: 19 Helper

It's actually not a matter of old/new style GUI. Resizable windows has been around since Windows version 1 from 1985. So it's more of a "bad style" than an "old style" imho.