Komplete Kontrol full screen and resizable?

Options

Comments

• mark1307
    mark1307 Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    edited November 2023
    Options

If you are going to redesign a software GUI, how is the ability to resize the screen or just make it bigger not an option included? I just bought into NI Komplete 14 for the first time and man, this is a drag. Such a simple request. (This is in regards to the plugin FYI)

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,745 mod
    Options

It is included, the redesign laid the groundwork for resizing which is coming in the next update as has been stated and currently in beta

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,209 mod
    Options

The resizing in the next version should make a lot of people happy, it clears up pretty much all the resizing complaints.

-- Mike

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 606 Pro
    Options

I was complaining way back in 2004 about all the new high resolution screens and the apps that were just too hard to read, what with their teensy tinesy typesets on the screens.

Nobody seemed to care back then. More than one person scolded me, and a couple even tried to embarrass me or a fellow supportive forum member by suggesting that we just get glasses or laser eye surgery, or we should just stop noticing and go make music or something.

I clapped back at them and told them that as their own eyes grew older, they too would one day cry out for help, and even demand action "immediately", "post haste", or "right now, dammit all, sacre bleu!"

My suggestion for years has been to design software like how they designed Blender's UI. EVERYTHING is flexible, EVERYTHING is movable, customizable, and resizable. You can even choose what colors you want your stuff to have! The dirty little secret is that Blender has been this way now for YEARS.

I was right. Nobody cared when they were all in their 20s, but of course NOW, all of a sudden, in 2023, UI visibility and clarity is a Big Deal ™ 😏

Welcome to the party, of course. But not for nothing, where were you in 2004? Or 2014? Or in 2018? We could have used your voice back then, y'know.

I look forward to at least SOME of my music stuff becoming visible maybe as early as Christmas this year. At least I didn't die of something horrible while I was waiting for this. 😲 😁

• GoonStudios
    GoonStudios Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I would also appreciate a resizing option very much. i am using upscaled win 10 with a 4k tv screen and i just can't read anything in all of the native instuments plugins. it works well though with most other plugins, even the free ones! considering the price i hope the issue is addressed and not forgotten.

all the best

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,363 mod
    Options

@GoonStudios @mark1307

Komplete Kontrol is already resizable.

However you need to update to version 3.1

• Kymeia
    edited January 20
    Options

The window is but the actual controls don't change - zooming would also be good (obviously just for the host features like fonts, not plugins which have their own resize controls)

For zooming to work best all interface elements need to be vectorised and ideally a full screen mode is also needed - text in KK and Kontakt is still bitmaps and so are many other elements like icons

• Sunborn
    Options
  • BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 606 Pro
    Options

So then what do we REALLY mean when we say it's going to be resizable? More changes to come?

• Kymeia
    Options

I certainly hope so

• B.Minor
    B.Minor Member Posts: 178 Advisor
    edited January 22
    Options

As I have noticed, there have been already misunderstandings between NI and NI customers in the past when discussing very specific requests for which different definitions seem to exist.

For example, when talking about a "full screen" option, users mainly speak about a "maximized" application window which is covering the whole monitor screen up to its four edges, regardless of the current screen resolution. In case the application has been designed to start up by using a smaller "default" window size (which should be customizable/storable in such a case), at least the "maximize" icon (a square in Windows) should be accessable from the top menu bar. However, currently there is no simple way to achieve that desired "full screen" experience in KK3 without having to resize the application window manually.

In many NI applications that Windows "maximize" icon is still not functional and just grayed out. Maybe this can be finally fixed by NI in new KK3 application updates. After all, I only know a very few Windows applications on the market which prevent users from maximizing the window size with one single click.

• arouldug
    arouldug Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

That is NOT True. I am on v. 3.2 1 and itbis still the same old stuff.

• Sunborn
    Options

So, i am a liar? or a blind fool who can not see what is going on in his computer screen? and the official Native Instruments announcement is fake?

or, perhaps you are on a laptop with small screen so there is nothing really to resize?

Because on my desktops, Komplete Kontrol is fully resizable while on my laptop is not. The reason is that there is a minimum size limit as default. If your screen is larger than that, you can resize as you like, but if your screen is smaller than that, you can not.