Traktor Pro 4 is here!

Comments

• JLuuuu
    JLuuuu Member Posts: 21 Member

Thx for Traktor Pro 4!! ;-)

• nachopenades
    nachopenades Member Posts: 267 Pro

To celebrate the release of our beloved Traktor Pro 4, from prodjmaps I have enabled 50 discount codes for you to get this mapping for free.

I hope you like it, I appreciate your comments.

• DJ-Andre
    DJ-Andre Member Posts: 100 Advisor

Played 2 gigs this weekend with TP4 and found only one small issue which i have reported in the private beta section. Both times i had, just to be sure, a second laptop connected with TP3 but it wasn't needed.

• Ashley Brown
    Ashley Brown Member Posts: 17 Member

Is anyone else having trouble loading remix decks or step sequencer decks (.trak files) in TP4? No “remix sets” folder, so the .trak files just import as all the individual samples…? I don’t think I’m doing anything different from TP3, am I missing something?

• yama
    yama Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Happy release for Pro 4!

I have a critical problem when using the 4-decks with the NI Audio 10 soundcard on macos.
    The issue is the sound output for deck D doesn't work.
    I have tried changing the sound card output routing and select another output channels for deck D, but the problem persists.
    When using other soundcards with more than 8 outputs works correctly.

• Pippo91
    Pippo91 Member Posts: 12 Member
    edited July 21

Dear NI, (@Friedemann_NI)

I decided to write you these lines because I learned a little while ago that the subscription on Traktor 3 will be eliminated on August 31st and in order to use the new functions that I already had on Traktor 3 Plus I will have to pay for the upgrade to 4.

Unfortunately, my old mac does not support Traktor 4 and therefore I find myself in the situation where, after having paid the Plus subscription for the year 2024, I will see this last one suspended and take away the additional services for which I paid.

Obviously I do not judge your business choices, which I understand, but I would like to invite you to think about the fact that not everyone can, overnight, spend €7/800 for a new mac (or pc) and that it would be appropriate to at least guarantee continuity of the paid services until their expiration.

I have been using Traktor since 2009 and I have always bought all the upgrades on day 0, but now I can't.

Why don't you leave the subscription active for those like me who don't have the possibility of upgrading to 4?
    So, you'll have as a user 3 possible scenarios:

1. Old Traktor 3 (free, without addicional function)
    2. Old Traktor 3 ( paid subscription with the features we had until 4 was released (Ozone and pattern player)
    3. Traktor 4 for people who have supported machines

So that, those who have an old mac can pay the subscription and have ozone and pattern player like the old Plus, while those who can update pay for the upgrade.

I'm fine to paying another year of subscription, because, I don't know if I will be able to afford a new mac before august 31st.

I think it's a smart move since those who can't update will continue to support the development team by paying the subscription for the additional functions anyway. I prefer to pay another year, than be forced to buy a new mac to maintain some functions that I have already paid.

It's convenient for you and it's convenient for us users.

Hoping that these lines can be a subject of reflection, greetings from one of your historical customer.

Filippo

• lethal_pizzle
    lethal_pizzle Member Posts: 2 Member

When we were asking for flexible beatgrids 20 years ago, we meant ‘warp to grid’.
    What happened?

• Heisenberg
    Heisenberg Member Posts: 259 Pro
    edited July 21

You can read up on this, perhaps you can use it to update your device to an operating system version 12.0 or higher.

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/

• Demus
    Demus Member Posts: 193 Pro

I understand the feeling but there was no DJ software with wrapping beat grids 20 years ago. The first that I know of that had such a feature was Deckadance DJ in 2015 and then next was Djay Pro 5 in 2023. I think Live was in version 10, but that’s a DAW

So of all the DJ software only 1 everyone else has something similar to what Traktor Pro has.

• Isotoxin
    Isotoxin Member Posts: 196 Advisor

Let others enjoy the whining and crying! There is no need for dropping dry facts in the face. 😁

• lethal_pizzle
    lethal_pizzle Member Posts: 2 Member

It was the most requested feature request over the years, Ableton Live had instantaneous warping at the time.

My ridiculous manual workaround thread racked up an incredible number of hits and was stickied to the old forum for about 15 years.

Various generations of Traktor devs made it clear over the years that they understood what the feature needed to be and appreciated the complexity of delivering it. It’s just a shame that the corporate memory is far shorter than that of their users!

Maybe one day…

• J. Spencer
    J. Spencer Member Posts: 19 Member

Soo…. Does this mean I can cancel my Traktor Pro Plus subscription before it renews (annual)?

No updates on that page, so it still sounds like everything is for the TP3 users and TP4 won't benefit. I also don't see it in the settings, but I did just install TP4 on a brand new laptop without installing TP3/TP+ first.

• J. Spencer
    J. Spencer Member Posts: 19 Member

LOL - The length of time it takes for a single song on a brand new M3 MacBook Air w/16GB RAM is crazy. I didn't expect lightning but compared to just a regular analyze for a newly loaded track it's like watching water boil.

I only scratched the surface, but curious after some time how it compares to Rekordbox or Serato seperation. At least we get 4 parts and not just 3. :)

• andy_andy
    andy_andy Member Posts: 35 Helper

I'm currently using the demo version of Traktor Pro 4 and I have a problem: when I want to open a playlist from the archive, it has a few seconds of delay, it depends on how big the playlist is. With traktor pro 3, opening a playlist from the archive is instant, regardless of size

This discussion has been closed.