Traktor Pro 4 is here!

Comments

• axeldelafosse
    axeldelafosse Member Posts: 28 Helper

Amazing news! Thank you for shipping v4, it's an instant upgrade for me.

The only thing I need now is to save lossless stems in ALAC instead of lossy stems in AAC. IMO it should be a setting for users who consider storage a commodity and for which quality isn't a tradeoff. You are going in the right direction and might be the only player positioned to deliver high-quality stems for DJs.

• axeldelafosse
    axeldelafosse Member Posts: 28 Helper

Started a new thread here to avoid this request being lost in this thread:

If you are interested, please let Native Instruments know!

• ROSSCO23
    ROSSCO23 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

yes , can’t wait till pay day . TP4 is a long awaited update, nice one NI .

• Ninesense
    Ninesense Member Posts: 75 Advisor

Does anyone know:

• When you seperate a Wav file in stems, are the stems then lossless as well or is the quality reduced? Are the stems Lossless quality? Will the original Wav and the Stems version sound exactly the same when all the stem volumes are up?

• When your tracks don't have vocals (lots of techno, psytrance etc don't have it) what happens to the vocals stem? Will just be empty?If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks!

• NI, will the be an update to the stem creator tool? I currently make my own stems, convert to ALAC so that I can use it with the stem creator which outputs a stem file of Lossless audio.

If anyone knows please let me know. THANKS!

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 3,195 Expert

1 Nah, it will convert to AAC. I don't know the bitrate though.

2 Yes it will be empty.

• RobAky92
    RobAky92 Member Posts: 11 Member

Nuo-stems can achieve a lot of what you've mentioned, albeit it isn't an ideal solution as Traktor should be more than capable itself.

• NoName69
    NoName69 Member Posts: 27 Helper

Or use stemgen (free solution) which is capable of hardware acceleration for fast 2-3 seconds stem generation.

I dont recommend anyone to waste their money on third party software when they purchased that TP4 update already.

• x9sim9
    x9sim9 Member Posts: 13 Member

Hey love the new features and a great release but myself and alot of other DJs simply can't use Traktor at the minute for DJing, for starters there is still alot of issues with Pioneer ASIO and Traktor causing popping and crackling which is fine as I also have a Mac, but I would say about 90% of the venues I have played in have moved from CDJs to XDJ controllers such as the XDJ XZ and the XDJ RX2 and RX3, while I can understand NI focusing on their own hardware its simply not practical when in a lineup with 6 or 7 other DJs at a Club or Festival to swap in and out hardware, so while I love Traktor and want to use it I have had to leave it behind and so have most of the people I work with.

• Bjoern Bender
    Bjoern Bender Member Posts: 11 Member
    edited July 23

When we can become the Hotfix?

• Audio Interfaces with more than 12 channels
      When using an Audio Interface with more than 12 channels it is currently not possible to select channels with a index above 2 for Deck A, above 4 for Deck b, above 6 for Deck C, and above 8 for Deck D. This issue will be resolved very soon."

• andy_andy
    andy_andy Member Posts: 35 Helper

I'm using the demo version of Traktor Pro 4 and I have another little problem, maby a bug:

Parameters: 1) in settings, loading section, I have activated the function "load next at end of track"

2) I activated the Sync button in deck that plays (ex: deck A)

Fact: when the next track is automatically loaded in the other deck ( ex: deck B), the track witch plays in deck A has a glitch /freez moment (about one second long) after which everything works normal.

My system: ThinkPad, Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, Windows 10

• tricade
    tricade Member Posts: 18 Member

I just placed the order for a x1mk3 and saw that you cant control the stems…. can somebody confirm that this is not possible or not?

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,423 mod

You can set the number buttons of the deck section to be stem mute buttons in Preferences→X1-Panel.

• tricade
    tricade Member Posts: 18 Member

I give that a try as soon ma x1mk3 arrives… also I may give this a try https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJwjx5eRzj0&t=135s

• copyl3ft
    copyl3ft Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

i've just upgraded and went to try and generate a stem and there is no option to do this

This discussion has been closed.