Traktor Pro 4 is here!

Comments

• Heisenberg
    Heisenberg Member Posts: 265 Pro

This probably means renting music rather than owning music.

• ekwipt
    ekwipt Member Posts: 33 Member

any plans of Maschine integration or visa versa ?

• TurnedTables
    TurnedTables Member Posts: 48 Helper

Upgraded last night after using the demo for a few days. Overall I'm loving the new version.

Flex grids work really well.

I like the way the stem tracks and original can be swapped. I hope NI let DJ Nuo in on the details of how this works so Nuo-Stems can be updated to generate stems this way.

The UI seemed to be a little sluggish, not as quick to load tracks and the response to some controls seemed to lag e.g shift browse to expand/collapse the browser. I'm using a Z2.

Not sure if this is a bug or possibly me not paying attention but a couple of times I generated stem tracks and no stem was available, despite the stem icon appearing. I may have missed an error message during processing.

Let's not wait another 2 years for the next update please, build on this release with regular small updates.

• Gabor
    Gabor Member Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 20

Hello.

Won't it be included in the pro 3, the flicker-free interface?

I think it is incorrect from the company to consider it as a feature, and for that reason I have to pay another 75 euros..

• Heisenberg
    Heisenberg Member Posts: 265 Pro

Traktor pro 3 is now EOL.

• Nico_Tf
    Nico_Tf Member Posts: 35 Helper

Agreed, the deal clincher for me is the fact that stems and original files are linked and you just have to drop a double in a deck to switch from one to the other.

It would be really nice if we could link like this stems produced by other software, I have a ton of stems generated by NUO that I’d like to use. Maybe I’ll produce some with Logic too, as they look to be the best in class so far.

• funkyant_Tf
    funkyant_Tf Member Posts: 4 Member

Hahaha. They should have some useless achievement badge for us

• funkyant_Tf
    funkyant_Tf Member Posts: 4 Member

Hermano, aquí todo el mundo habla inglés, usa el traductor de Google.

• maniacintosh81
    maniacintosh81 Member Posts: 518 Guru

They don‘t consider this a feature, it is marked as a fix in release notes. But they won‘t port it back to Traktor Pro 3 anymore.

• eevee
    eevee Member Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 20

uhm, stem creation does take a long time though. when i used NuoStems, 45 songs definitely would take a hefty amount of time. i dont know if it was two hours, honestly i dont know how long. it wasn't fast by any means, though.

im no longer using NuoStems but as far as i remember, you could choose from 4 different presets for the stem creation engine - from fastest but least quality to slowest, highest quality possible. i left it set to the default, which was second to slowest.

assuming that Traktor does something similar with a similar level of quality, which is a reasonable assumption to make, it's just gonna take a while. it's a compute intensive task.

This discussion has been closed.