NKS User Library
Kymeia, I can help with this. In order for any of this to work, you must ensure that Node is installed in your system from https://nodejs.org/en/blog/release/. I used version v11.15.0 (I am on MacOSX and typing in the terminal gulp -v showed I was at gulp-cli version 2.3.0).
1. unzip SEMblance.zip (this will result in a folder, it is best to put this folder on a drive that doesn't have a space in its name if possible, the space can just complicate things like this).
2. cd SEMblance (this is telling you that you need to make the active directory the folder above. "cd" stands for "change directory". Only this command alone will not work. You need to open the terminal app in os x or command prompt in windows, type in "cd " without the quotes but with the space, then in osx you can drag the folder from step 1 above to the terminal window and press return (I think in Windows you might have to copy and paste a path. That will set the active folder/directory to the one you unzipped (now don't move it). (as an example, after I do this, I then see 'MyComputerName-Mac-Pro:SEMblance myusername$")
3. npm install # install dependencies (copy and paste or type "npm install" without the quotes into the same terminal window from above and hit return. Everything after the space before the # is a comment). This will (taking some time) install a node_modules folder in your folder (SEMblance isn't the required name btw, it is just an example).
4. gulp print-src-presets # print metadata of all files in a src folder. (same thing. after the above step, in the same terminal window, type "gulp print-src-presets" without the quotes and hit return.
5. edit gulpfile.coffee to whatever you want. (so here, you should just try the example first. But sometime open it and look at it. Notice the bankchain line. It is going to change .nksf files in a src folder so they have the author name "Kymeia," "Oberheim SEM V" and bank "my bank." and put copies of the newly meta tagged nksf files in a dist folder)
6. gulp rewrite-metadata # rewrite metadata and create new files in a new dist folder. (So like above, type it in and hit return, so what may not be apparent here is that there is already a src folder included with the example. you could remove all the .nksf files later from here and replace them with copies of once you want to experiment, but the "src" folder always needs to be in the working directory and not renamed).
7. gulp print-dist-presets # print all metadata of all files in a dist folder. (this is the last step, it creates a folder in the same directory we have been using all along named "dist" (not sure why it is called this, but it clearly means destination) and tags of all the new nksf files with the new bank chain info.
Basically if this does not work for you, you either didn't cd to the correct directory, renamed something you should not have, messed up the coffee file somehow or didn't install a compatible version of Node. Good luck.1
Roland Cloud Jupiter-4
With mapping, tags, banks and subbanks
You're welcome !
I finally succeed in using the tools of jhorology on windows 10 after many trials and errors.
Many thanks to jhorology and to jggorman for his latest post that helped me a lot.
Please, don't ask me to make a tuto, I'm not english native and not yet retired 😉
Yeah for me too, english is not my mother's language.
We cannot know everything but it is very good that we help each other.0
Super. If you happen to recall which version of Node is installed on your system, please let us know. That is where I got stuck.0
node.exe : V. 12.22.11.00
with mapping, tags, artwork and previews sounds.
Not a huge task though as there are not many presets (85 if I remember). With VSTi that contains thousands of presets, tagging is a nightmare !
Have you solved your problems with node ?0
This one took me a lot of time because I haven't found a way to copy the presets names easily.
I have used an OCR app to do that.
Thanks a lot man. Can't wait for the VST3 support to try these. Mapping too? Nice one!0
You're a star mate. lovely.0
Not sure if anyone else here can clarify as I am on Mac, however the mappings for the Martinic AX73, appear to bare little or no correlation to the actual device controls. Not sure the difference in OS would make any difference. The presets and previews seem to load fine, which is something, but I think this may need to be looked at. A few of the data dials control some of these parameters though they seem really muddled.0
Only 30 preset patches in this one and basic mapping, though they do control the main parameters. In case this was any help to anyone.0
- 12.4K All Categories
- 21 Welcome
- 564 Hangout
- 68 NI News
- 273 Tech Talks
- 1.3K Native Access
- 5.8K Komplete
- 763 Komplete General
- 1.4K Komplete Kontrol
- 2.1K Kontakt
- 568 Reaktor
- 186 Battery 4
- 316 Guitar Rig & FX
- 222 Massive X & Synths
- 279 Other Software & Hardware
- 2.6K Maschine
- 24 Sampling Room
- 3.1K Traktor
- 2.9K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators